chapter 4

Sense of Love

It’s almost time for the Welcoming of the Dead party that everyone is anticipated to go and dress up as scary as they can. The major has been doing a lot of planning for this party to welcome the people that are dead and the one that are living. The major wants the best of the best to plan the party so he is gathering as much information about foods, decoration, and anything that will make the party a success.

“Mr. Mayor, here is all the information that you wanted,” says his secretary.

The information has department for foods and treats, music to decoration.

Mr. Mayor wants the best of the best to do all the operation so Infinite Restaurant is collaborating with Shin’s restaurant, Army’s café and Elegant Sweets, Ace is in charge of the music, while Wang’s Mall is charge of all the decoration. He continues that no one is to be excuse for not coming to this party.

“I want everyone to come no matter what the situation is. Get the invitation ready and I will personal sign each card,” says Mr. Mayor.

The secretary went straight to the designing people to start on the invitation so there will be time for Mr. Mayor to sign it. The secretary as well contact all the vendor that was going to help the party started.

“Mr. Wang, I just got a called from Mr. Mayor and he wanted us to help him with the biggest party,” says Mr. Wang’s secretary.

Jackson replies, “I want you to gather all department managers and tell each of them I want the best of the best employee that they can find to represent the department to come to the meeting with them. If there is no one that will lack in the process of party, I will deduct half of their pay check and any managers that brought the best one will get a bonus. Go now and let all the managers know. The meeting will be held in 30 minutes.”

The secretary went and let all the department managers know. Jackson called his best friend to see if there is any suggestion that can help him. He called Mark who own Ace. Mark was still sleeping when Jackson called him. He picks it up and asks Jackson why Jackson called so early in the morning when he just got off couple of hours ago.

“Dude, Mr. Mayor wants to me to do the decoration for the Biggest Welcoming or you can say the ‘Welcoming of the Dead’ party in town. I need some suggestion. What do you think?” says Jackson.

“Just come up with something. How do I suppose to know? I only operate a club,” replies mark.

“You operate a club that’s why I need some help.”

“I really don’t know. Don’t you have designer and decorator team that do all that for you?”

“Fine, fine, I won’t bother you anymore.”

Jackson hang up and Mark went back to sleep. All department managers went into panic for a short notice and did not how do they eliminate who is the best one in such a short time.

Kyungji was in the visual and merchandise department. She saw her manager keeps going back and forth looking at the employees. She went up to her manager.

“Mrs. Choi, is there anything that you want me to help you with?”

Mrs. Choi was shock to Kyungji standing in front of her, “I need someone to do something very big and I need someone that will be responsible and will work hard. Kyungji, who do you think?”

“Um...um… everyone here is a hard working person so anyone can do the job,” smile Kyungji.

Mrs. Choi shook her head and says “NO, I want the best of the best in this department.”

“Then why don’t you ask the crew to see who it is,” replies Kyungji.

“Good idea, Kyungji.”

Mrs. Choi turns and face the crew and claps her hand to get everyone attention while Kyungji standing next to her.

“Out of everyone here, who do you guy think is the best person to represent our department. I want the best one. if you guy choose the one that the CEO does not approve, I will personal cut your hours. So with that say, who is it.”

The crew looks at each other and chatters among themselves. Then everyone points finger Kyungji. Kyungji looks at herself and say “NO, I can’t. I can’t stay past dark remember.”

Mrs. Choi jumps in “I really need you now so please just say YES. I will let you go home on time and will not keep you overtime. Please, pretty please.”

“But….” Says Kyungji and everyone start to shout “SAY YES KYUNGJI, YOU CAN DO IT!”

Kyungji cannot do anything so she agree and went with Mrs. Choi to the meeting.

The meeting went by fast and Kyungji can’t believe that she is a part of the Halloween party but at the same time she is scared. Jackson decided to hold the party at a national party that will make the environment feels scarier and there won’t be much of a decoration to do since it is open air.

Infinite Restaurant:

Woohyun received the called the Mayor’s secretary. He smiles to himself and did not know what to say. Out of the entire restaurant in the city, the Mayor chose his restaurant but then there was one condition that he has to agree which allow the Shin’s Restaurant chefs or employees to join him. He agree to the condition and wanted the Shin’s Restaurant so he can  contact them so get it started since it is around the corner. He called the Shin’s Restaurant and speaks with the manager.

“Hello, I am Woohyun form Infinite Restaurant and I am calling to see if Mr. Mayor’s secretary called you about the party that is held in couple of days.”

Mr. Shin, the store manager, says, “yes I did. I just finish talking to him just now. I am happy to work with you.”

“Well first off, there are servers and chef, so which one do you want to take. I can take either one,” asks Woohyun.

“Well, I am a small restaurant so I really do not know much of upscale food that much so I will let you handle the cooking and I will send my best chefs to come and learn from you.”

“Okay, that sounds great for me. I’ll do the cooking; I have six chefs here so they can help teach your chef. How about server?”

“Well, you know, I will just choose some of my best server over here and you do the same over there. Then one day before the event, we can meet up at the location and see what we can do so that it will not get stressful trying to cross train everyone.”

“That sounds fine for me also. Okay then we is settling. I will be waiting for your chefs so that I can start training.”

“Of course, I will send them over tomorrow.”

They both hand up. Mr. Shin looks at his computer and sees who can be the candidate to go over to Infinite Restaurant. He can’t decide so he walks out to the kitchen to see if there will be any. He saw Haeji in the kitchen when she was supposed to be in the lobby. He looks to see what she was doing and she was helping the chefs since they were short-handed. He smiles and told himself that he found the perfect match. He calls Haeji over and two more chefs and told them to come to the office. They all went to the office. Mr. Shin told them the story and wants them to start the job tomorrow. Haeji look at her boss and say that she is not a chef how can she go to Infinite and learn when she is barely in the kitchen to cook. Mr. Shin smiles and says that she is capable of doing it and he knows that she will not disappoint him. Haeji cannot argue so she just nods her head and says yes. Mr. Shin say that if no one object then starting tomorrow, all three of them are going straight to Infinite to start learning their cuisine and get ready for the event.

 Yeryung pick her phone and was shock.

“I’m sorry but what did you say,” says Yeryung.

“I am the Mayor’s secretary and I am calling to let you know that you are the luck chosen one to help make sweets for the Halloween party that is holding in couple of days. Do not worry, there is a café shop that will going to collaborate with you so you two will need to talk and see what you guy want to do.”

Yeryung did not know what to say but just replies with an okay and I got it. Yeryung look at her chocolate and wonder why visit her shop. While Jungkook was busy teaching Jungmee about the kitchen and what she will be doing. The cashier told him that the mayor’s secretary wants to talk to him. He told Jungmee to study while he takes the call. Jungkook replies with a yes and he will get on it. So Yeryung decides to visit the café shop and meet the manager personally rather than through phone. She went to the shop and asks for the manager. Jungkook came out and Yeryung greet him. They talk and talk and came to a conclusion of what to do.

Mark was still deep asleep so the secretary leaves a voice mail for him ask him to call him back. Mark expected the job.

The next day, Haeji went over to Infinite along with the other two chefs. She enters and the server greets her. She told the server that she has an appointment with manager. The server took her to the office and meet Woohyun.

“Hello, Mr. Nam. I am Haeji.”

“Welcome so you are the last one that Mr. Shin sent.”

“YES.”

“I thought that it was going to be a male but instead it is a woman. It is fine. Hopefully you do not mind that you are working with all male chefs.”

“What did you say? There are no women in the kitchen?”

“No there are no women because there are a total of six chefs plus I will be seven so there are no other additional chefs. Oh but for employees as server, yes there are but for the kitchen no because no one applied for the position except for male. So who can I hire if no lady applied, right?”

“Oh…” was all Haeji can says.

“Well let’s go to the kitchen.”

They walk to the kitchen. Haeji saw her co-workers and the other six chefs that Woohyun mentions. Haeji introduces herself and feels a little awkward since she is the only woman in the kitchen. She took a deep breath. Woohyun notices Haeji was feeling nervous.

“Okay since everyone is here now, let’s start working since the deadline is around the corner and we cannot let down the mayor. Let’s get cooking and see who needs help on sharping their skills,” says Woohyun.

“Um… what is it that we are actually doing. I am little confused here,” asks Sungyeol.

“Well, pair up and brainstorm what kind of dish is best to make for a Halloween party. Oh Haeji, you can work with me and Sunggyu since Mr. Shin told me that you are the strongest one among the other two chefs,” answers Woohyun.

“ME… (Pointing finger to herself) I do not know anything in the kitchen. What benefits can I suggest for you, Mr. Nam,” Haeji replies with a confuse face.

“Don’t worry, that’s why you have me and Woohyun. Everything will be fine don’t worry, Haeji,” says Sunggyu.

“Oh and do not call me Mr. Nam. It is too professional. You can just call me Woohyun. I wanted you to help me brainstorm some of the ideas that you have at your restaurant since you work both areas front and back of the house,” says Woohyun.

“Okay, I guess. I have no option to say NO, correct,” answers Haeji.

“GOOD… now let’s start. We will come back in 30 minutes to see what can we eliminate and which one are we doing,” says Woohyun.

Everyone works in pair and Haeji, Woohyun, and Sunggyu work together. All the chefs meet again after 30 minutes and came to conclusion of three dishes. After eliminating all the other option, everyone starts to test the dish out to see how it would be for 500 people.

Wang’s mall

Jackson meets with all the department managers with their best representative next to them.

“Since this is a big project for our company. We are responsible for a lot of things so hopefully no one here will not make any mistakes. And since it is at the national park, we will have less decoration but will have a lot of worries, so make sure there are little to none. Infinite and Shin’s Restaurant are responsible for the food and Army’s Café and Elegant Sweets are responsible for sweets, all we need to do is focus on making the park the best  Halloween Party that is being held there. I want everyone to start brainstorming and see what benefits and drawbacks that can occur,” says Jackson.

Jungkook and Yeryung decided to combine both of their products. So there will be breads and chocolate that will be design to the spooky theme.

Everyone is working hard and getting ready for the party. Mr. Mayor finished signing all the invitation cards to 500 lucky people out there.

Kim’s Funeral Home  

“Mr. Kim there is a mail from the mayor for you,” says Ms. Oh.

“Okay, thanks,” replies Kai.

Kai reads the letter and it was an invitation to the party that is holding in two days. When he was reading the card, he has no interest of going but eh mayor mention that whoever receives an invitation has to go there are no excuses in bold letter at the bottom. Kai took a deep breath and say what is wrong with this mayor.

Junsu was called into his boss office.  His boss told him that he was selected to go the party that is holding in two days. Junsu was puzzled and asks his boss if he read the name right. His boss says yes he did and handed Junsu the card. Junsu took the card and read it and say okay he will remember to go.

On the other hand, Jaejoong was busy with his client divorcement that he did not see he invitation card at all. It was on his desk and was never touch it.

Shingi has been busy taking care of Jimin. There was a letter for Jimin and she brought it to his room.

“Jimin, you have a letter. I think it is from the mayor,” says Shingi.

“Open it,” answers Jimin.

Shingi jumps to the sudden voice of Jimin. Jimin laugh and says, “You are still not use to me appearing out of the blue huh…”

Shingi ignore him and open the letter and read it. Jimin was excited to go to the party. Shingi looks at him and say you can’t go and point to his body that is wired with machine.

“Hahaha, funny, Shingi. I can go just not in that form (pointing to his body on the bed) but this form (pointing to the transparent of him) can go and there is no need for invitation anyways. No one can stop me from entering,” says Jimin.

“You… forget it. Do what you want? What can I do?” answers Shingi.

“You know what you can do. Go to the party with me?”

“Why me?”
“Because you are the only one that can see I and you have my invitation so I am going to let you use it.”

“But I do not want it,” argue Shingi.

“I don’t care. You have to go or else I cannot go,” complains Jimin.

“What are you talking about,” Shingi was confuses.

They argue back and forth and Shingi finally agree to go. Jimin smile to himself and say victory.

Chohee look at her desk and saw a letter. She opens it and it was an Afterlife Party. She tosses it to the side and one of her co-worker came by and looks at it.

“Chohee, you are going right?” asks the co-worker.

“NO.”

“Um… it says here you have to go no matter what your situation is.”

“What!” replies Chohee and grabs the card.

Chohee was annoyed and say, “What kind of mayor is this. Forcing citizens to go when they do not want to go.”

Then Myunghee was excited about her invitation and cannot wait for it.

One more day before the big party, some are getting ready and some are getting stress because it is not going well.

“Mr. Wang, the cloths supplier says that they do not have the table cloths that we wanted?”

Jackson got furious and yells, “DID I NOT MAKE IT CLEAR THAT DO NOT LET ANY MISTAKE HAPPEN. WHAT IS THIS?”

“Mr. Wang, the cloths supplier just called me right now. I am sorry,” says the purchasing manager.

“I DO NOT CARE IF YOU HAVE TO FLY TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND GET THOSE CLOTHS. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT AND NOW YOU ARE BLAMING SOMEONE ELSE,” Jackson replies with an angry tone.

The purchasing manager apologizes again and again. The meeting room turns into a serious and cold environment. Kyungji did not like the feeling of it at all. She looks at Mrs. Choi. Mrs. Choi cannot do anything at all. Jackson turns his back to the employees and took a deep breath and turn back to face them.

“OKAY. Are there anymore issues that I need to know? DO NOT TELL ME WHEN I AM AT THE SET, IT WILL NOT BE A GOOD PICTURE,” answers Jackson.

Mrs. Choi mentions, “since the table cloth is not coming, we can try and make it spooky by having hay and small pumpkin with spider webs in the center of the table instead of making it look fancy. Overall, it is a Halloween party.”

“Okay, I will accept that idea so make it happen, Mrs. Choi. You are responsible for making it happen. DO NOT LET ME SEE FAILURE IN THIS. I WILL NOT BE HAPPY!” answers Jackson.

Mrs. Choi nods her head. Jackson walks out of the room. Kyungji pace herself to Mrs. Choi and ask her why she suggested that. Mrs. Choi says that since it is Kyungji’s idea then she will lead them. Kyungji was not so happy about the decision that her manager make.

Haeji went to Infinite restaurant. There was no one there yet so she decides to start practicing some of the dish since the party is tomorrow. She was exhaust since she did not have enough sleep due to working at her job and training for the party preparation. She was dead tired. She was not paying attention to what she was doing. She turns on the burner and accidently burn her forearm. Woohyun saw Haeji came in but did not call her so he follows her into the kitchen. He notices that she was not in right mind. Right when she got burns, Woohyun runs to her and took her the closest sink and run cold water on her forearm. Haeji look at Woohyun.

“Are you okay,” asks Woohyun in a worry tone.

Haeji was not even paying attention to what Woohyun was saying.

“HAEJI...”

She hears Woohyun called her and answer, “Yes.”

“I ask if you are okay.”

“Sorry, I am fine doing not worry. It is just a small burn. It will heal.”

“What are you thinking that you are not even here?”

“Sorry, I was too tired and I was not paying attention. I will be more careful.”

There was another person watching them from afar. All of a sudden Haeji feel someone brush over her shoulder. She looks and there was no one. Woohyun was busy looking at her arm to see if there is any deep burn. She suddenly feels someone was watching them and the atmosphere turns into a gloomy and dark aura. She did not feel comfortable. Then all of a sudden she heard a women voice screaming t her saying, “STAY AWAY FROM HIM. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE HERE. WHO ARE YOU? LEAVE, LEAVE, RIGHT NOW!”

Haeji took a step back and Woohyun notice.

“What is wrong? Are you okay?” Woohyun asks.

Haeji did not know what to tell Woohyun so she says she was okay and she did not need his help anymore. Woohyun ignore her and grab her hand and drag her to his office. He told her to sit down and went to grab the first aid kit to put medicine on her arm. Haeji stares at Woohyun and did not know what to say to him. Woohyun supply the medicine and bandage it up. Someone knock on the door and Haeji turns her head quickly to the other side.

“Come in,” says Woohyun.

Sunggyu came in and saw what happen to Haeji.

“Are you okay? How did it happen? Was it Woohyun?” asks Sunggyu.

Woohyun walks up to Sunggyu and hit his shoulder.

“Really!” was all Woohyun says and walk out to the kitchen.

Haeji walks up to Sunggyu and both of them went to the kitchen as well.