Level 18

Arceldia Online [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunghye wondered why quests had descriptions that were vague and confusing.

The one they had picked had rumours surrounding it, that players would never be able to complete the quest because everyone would die around the same time, and if a group didn’t have an Elf they were basically screwed. When players who tried the quest were asked about it however, they all avoided the question as if it was something that embarrassed them greatly.

So obviously it was Crusade’s turn to try it.

When they all confirmed they would take on the quest in which the description simply read “Save the Princess”, immediately the group was transported away from the pub to the area of their mission.

Sunghye felt her stomach gather butterflies when she realized where she was standing, at the edge of a cliff overlooking the sea.

On shaky legs, the Demigod stepped back and fell onto her in surprise.

Kyungsoo looked relatively calm and stared down at the sea with imploring eyes despite the fact that Kyungmi was clinging onto him and trying to pull him back as her face grew paler by the second.

Chen was just giddy, sort of prancing around at the edge and even going over the cliff but not falling because well, he had wings after all.

Sehun seemed to grow smaller in size as he sat on his knees, peeking over ledge carefully, his ears pressed against his head.

The Elf of their group was just regarding the scene with calculating eyes before he clapped his hands as if he reached a conclusion.

“I think our mission is down below,” Kai stated with certainty.

Kyungmi turned her head towards him and gaped. “You’re kidding me, we have to jump?”

Chen grinned. “I have no problem with that.” The Faery spread his arms wide and just fell from where he was standing as Kyungmi’s screaming was the soundtrack of his dive. Sunghye should have realized that Chen would pop his head back up a few seconds later, unscathed as his wings beat furiously behind him.

While Kyungmi was not at all impressed, having let go of Kyungsoo at the point to yell at Chen for joking around like that, it was her brother that actually dived first.

Everyone was shocked at his sudden action and looked over to see the Siren poke his head out of the water and wave at them with a smile on his face.

Sehun was the one to go next when Chen—having already lost interest in Kyungsoo’s stunt—pushed him off by surprise. On the way down the Warbeast let out a yelp before disappearing into the depths of the sea. His head appeared soon after and he was shaking from the cold or the fall? Sunghye didn’t really know.

“If you push me off, I will kill you,” Kyungmi threatened the Faery who just raised his hands in surrender. A few seconds passed between them before she nodded.

Seeing as Chen wasn’t going to attack her, Kyungmi peered over as she started to do breathing exercises then looked at the sky. Her eyes shut tightly and Sunghye could hear the Humanoid count down from ten. On one, she jumped.

Her scream resonated around her on the way down.

Chen having watched that saluted Sunghye and Kai before he jumped over and just flew his way down.

Sunghye glanced to her right when she saw Kai walk up so that he was beside her. Looking up she saw the Elf hold his hand out to her and she took it. Once he helped her stand up, Kai smiled.

“Ready?” he asked.

Sunghye gripped his hand tighter and smiled back wearily. “Sure. Plummeting into what could be shark infested waters—I do this every day.”

Kai laughed. “Considering that our quest is down below the waters, I doubt it.”

“If I get eaten though…” Sunghye trailed off.

“I assure you that you won’t.”

The Demigod’s eyes narrowed despite the reassurance. Kai just looked at her with a small pout that Sunghye couldn’t resist and eventually she resigned to her fate.

“Okay, on three?”

“On three,” Kai confirmed his hand still holding hers.

They jumped on five instead.

*

*

*

There was a reason why a rumour said that a group would need an Elf on their team when taking on the quest because Kai was the only one able to create a spell so that every one of them could breathe underwater. (Kyungsoo was the only exception since his Siren qualities allowed him to be like a fish in the great blue.) The spell that Kai used created a sort of air suit around their bodies and was meant to last as long as Kai was concentrating on it. Luckily it was a type of spell that didn’t sap up Kai’s energy but not everyone was appreciative of that fact.

“I hate this, how dare you make me take this quest,” Chen said as his wings fluttering a bit where it was pressed right against his back. “I can’t even use my wings.”

Sehun just made a sound that was supposed to sound sympathetic but seemed more patronizing than anything. Other than that he was quiet since he was still pissed off about Chen pushing him off the cliff before he was even ready.

Sunghye just sighed as all of them swam deeper into the depths of the ocean. Kai was right. It was true t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter