Level 24

Arceldia Online [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the list of quests, there were millions to choose from, ranging from easy to hard as the prize values would differ from each of them. Because there was so many, there was the odd quest that was obscure or had stories that surrounded it. They were the quests that no one prior was able to defeat and some players would be cautious to even accept.

Crusade however weren’t just “some players”. They were daring, adventurous, and just the right amount of idiocy.

 “Did I ever tell you guys I have a small case of claustrophobia?” Sehun said staring at the entrance of a dark and mysterious cave.

“You tell us now?” Chen asked with a tinge of irritation in his voice.

“I could conjure up some light?” Kai suggested.

“That’s not going to be helpful,” the Warbeast replied.

“You’re already here, may as well get over your fear,” Kyungmi answered with a bored look on her face. They were standing there talking for about the last ten minutes so Sunghye couldn’t really blame her.

Sehun’s eyes narrowed at the Humanoid. “Have you gotten over your fear of heights?”

Kyungmi lips thinned out and she turned away, not wanting to admit total defeat. “Fine, you’re on your own.”

Sunghye locked eyes with Kyungsoo who just raised his hands at her. She sighed, stepping into the middle of the group as each of them focused on her.

“Sehun you’re already here so maybe you can try? If you feel like you can’t though, then we’ll see you tomorrow as you opt out of this quest. We won’t judge right?” Sunghye turned to Kyungmi and Chen pointedly at that comment.

The two had no choice but to nod reluctantly.

Sehun though seemed to appreciate the sentiment but a steely look entered his eyes.

“No, I want to do this. I can’t give up just like that.”

Sunghye nodded. “Okay then let’s go.”

When Crusade entered the cave, the Demigod should have realized that the peace within the group wouldn’t last.

The darkness surrounded them quickly with only Kai’s magical light revealing only a few feet in front of them and all they could hear was the steady drop of water and Sehun’s wheezing which Chen quickly complained about. Once that happened, it spurred Sehun to try and attack Chen which knocked Kyungmi into Kai and the little light that he had conjured using a spell diminished plunging them into complete and utter black.

Some shuffling and shouts of pain resounded through the cave before a deep rumbling sound shook the cave floor for what seemed to be several minutes and something from behind them illuminated before moving along their path.

It came from torches of flames the lined the wall and everyone froze staring at the rock formation that wasn’t in front of the entrance before.

Their exit was gone and that meant they had to go forward if they were to find a new way out.

Sehun’s wheezing got increasingly louder as he clung to Kyungsoo tightly. Sunghye briefly wondered if Kyungsoo still felt his arm because it appeared as though the Warbeast was holding him in a death grip.

“Isn’t there that old saying ‘follow the red brick road’?” Kai asked glancing at Sunghye.

“I think its yellow,” Sunghye responded.

“Why yellow? Bricks aren’t yellow.”

The Demigod just shrugged as the group shuffled further into the cave, their steps echoing around them.

A few metres later a small groaning sound followed them and Sehun screamed, probably his imagination conjuring up the worst of his fears. When Kyungmi laughed heartily a second later however, they all realized who was the cause and Sunghye could hear Kyungsoo reprimand his sister for doing that.

Chen surprisingly was quiet through the whole ordeal that was until a rat scurried into their line of route. He practically tripped over himself getting away from the rodent, latching onto to Kai who seemed torn between pushing Chen away or leaving him as is.

He reduced himself to just speeding up that Chen was forced to let go when his short legs couldn’t catch up and in the cave it seemed his wings were not working.

Sunghye responded by catching up to him as the others were a few steps behind them.

“What do you think this quest will be about?” she asked him.

Kai thought about it and the brightness in his eyes lit up when he turned to Sunghye. “I really hope we’ll discover a cave full of riches or something like in the old myths.”

“I doubt this quest would be that easy.”

Kai sighed despondently. “Nothing ever is.”

As if the cave had impeccable timing and was listening to their conversation, the flame torches blew out and everyone entered into darkness once more. Sehun whimpered as they heard scratching, as if claws

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter