Intermediate

Arceldia Online [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say that Sunghye was panicking was an understatement. Not only could she not breathe but as she tried to break free of Kai’s grip, she found she was unable to no matter how hard she tried. She couldn’t even get his attention as he stared over his shoulder with the music around her growing louder in volume, more sinister and eerie by the second.

At the corner of her vision she saw her HP slowly go down the longer she didn’t have access to air, and because of it she was feeling a bit lightheaded. It didn’t help that she was still dancing in a circle.

When she saw her teammates however, Sunghye realized she wasn’t the only one struggling to breathe. In fact they were in the same predicament as her. Sehun and Chen now were leaning against the buffet table grasping at their throats as the Mermaids that surrounded them went on with their dancing probably because they had no idea it was even happening. At the same time, Kyungmi had sunken to the floor on her knees with Soohyun bent over her in confusion.

The only person that wasn’t affected by Kai’s lack of spell casting was Kyungsoo but as she tried to get his attention, he wasn’t looking her way.

Sunghye shook her head in frustration. She couldn’t waste the short time she had before she was fated to drown and tried to concentrate. With what little stamina she had, Sunghye was able to summon her dragon beam. With the beam, she basically was able to unlock herself from Kai’s grip. He floated a few inches back from impact, taking some HP damage but didn’t wake up from his hypnotization.

Knowing that the Elf was a lost cause, Sunghye headed straight towards Kyungsoo who finally noticed the urgency in her expression. Meeting her halfway, Kyungsoo held her up as she tried to explain through her hands what was happening to her. When she finally pointed at princess Suione, the Siren noticed what she saw.

It was the way that the princess had a certain glint in her dark eyes and a small smile that lurked on her lips as if she knew what she was doing and was proud of it. All the while, the other mermaids were swimming merrily around none the wiser that their princess was a common criminal.

Kyungsoo unfortunately had to let go of Sunghye, who by then began to slowly sink to the floor as he swam over to princess Suione.

Sunghye couldn’t help but worry of how the Siren would supposedly “save” the princess when it was herself that she needed saving from. Thinking about it just made her head hurt even further and so she watched and hoped with all her might that Kyungsoo would stop them from dying.

At that point, Kyungsoo had arrived in front of the princess who pointedly ignored him by turning her head from left to right. Eventually the Siren grew tired of doing it the nice way, and grabbed the princess’ face with his hands.

From Sunghye’s vantage point she was able to see that Kyungsoo was staring right into Suione’s eyes. His own eyes glowing as if he was trying his best to hypnotize her, but a frown appeared on his face a minute later when he realized it didn’t work.

Sunghye was now dabbling in red and growing increasingly anxious.

She was going to die, and the Demigod just had to accept the reality of the situation.

She looked at Kyungsoo once more to see the Siren do something that made Sunghye in a mouthful of water and cough.

He kissed the Mermaid princess.

Instantly the invisible hold that was wrapped around Sunghye’s neck was gone when she looked up to see Kai awake and fully conscious which meant he was back to working his spell. When he spotted her after searching around, he quickly swam down and apologized.

As she brushed it off with a smile while Kai helped her stand, Sunghye was blinded by a light that emitted from the direction of Kyungsoo and princess Suione.

The waters cleared not long after and the rest of the members had gathered to where she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter