Level 14

Arceldia Online [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple days of gaming and Sunghye still didn’t see any sign of Luhan’s gang even when all of them had started to chill at beside the lake (it was a beautiful place and so it became one of their regular meet-up places as well as the pub). She crossed her fingers hoping that maybe that would be the last time she would ever see him and BoA again. But the more her level grew the more she wanted to kick their butts if she did ever see them. It was a good thing also that her team members seemed to have the same idea as her.

Currently, Sunghye was waiting for the siblings to appear as Kai and Sehun were already there with her conversing with her about their plans for the day. They were about to take on a new quest that had appeared on their radar.

As the sunlight streamed through the trees and the serene blue lake glimmered, Sunghye though it was definitely nice with them. Over their time together gaming she felt as though they really bonded as a group.

Easily enough, their group all had roles and when they fought together, it went without saying who would simply do what; they were an efficient team that somehow worked. Sunghye didn’t bother wondering why they were like that on the field when outside of battle it was somewhat hectic.

Kai and Kyungmi still fought a lot with each other but she could see (maybe) the camaraderie in their eyes even though their bickering would lead to Kyungmi forming her scythe and Kai muttering a spell under his breath—in which case Sunghye would have to step in.

That’s why she sort of treasured the times when she got one without the other because then she wouldn’t have to act as the peacekeeper and ultimately the leader.

She didn’t mind either role, in fact she grew to love them but really sometimes Sunghye needed a break.

Possibly though, her judgment was skewed at the moment about their bond as a group because the scenery just filled her with a sense of peace and contentment. She actually had no idea.

Because the moment that she saw Kyungmi and Kyungsoo walk into the clearing, Sunghye let out a huge sigh. Straightaway, Kai sat up from where he was lounging on the grass and Kyungmi narrowed her eyes. The Demigod ignored the two, instead greeting Kyungsoo who asked her what they were planning to do.

Just when she was about to answer him though, a loud shriek echoed all their ears and a person fell into the lake through the branches of the trees, leaves quickly following the path of the body.

Sunghye instantly stood up at the commotion to see only the ripples of the water left by the leaves until a few seconds later. A head popped up with a splash and was gasping for breath, obviously struggling to swim.

Out of their group, the one who had the most adherences to the water went diving in to save the drowning person. Soon enough they all found themselves gathering around a soaking wet Faery that a relatively dry Kyungsoo (his hair was even more or less the same) has just rescued.

Seeing as no one was planning to say anything to the now coughing Faery, Sunghye stepped closer to him and just when she was about to open to ask him if he was okay, she was hit by his wing that suddenly unfolded from behind him.

Sunghye went down from the impact.

The Faery didn’t notice at all but Kai did, everyone else did actually.

Kyungsoo and Sehun graciously helped her up while Kyungmi was watching the scene unfold with amused eyes.

“You…” Kai said elongating the vowels and emphasizing it with a scowl on his face. It seemed as though his vendetta against Faeries was still going strong. Sunghye felt sort of sorry for the newcomer.

The Faery looked up then from squeezing out the water from his clothes as much as he could to see Kai close to his face.

Faery man scooted back confused and disoriented.

“What—”

“Apologize,” Kai immediately answered.

The Faery blinked several times before he tilted his head. “To who?”

Kai pointed at Sunghye. “Her because you hit her with your wing and you should thank him for saving your sorry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter