Level 32

Arceldia Online [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was something about how they all stood there that it was obvious to Sunghye that they were a team who was used to winning.

She tried not to be intimidated but it was hard to when there was a sudden hostility in the air once the leader stepped forward and greeted Kai instantly who stiffened.

Kyungmi noticed it as well stepping closer to Sunghye in response, as the Demigod laid a hand on the Elf’s shoulder but he didn’t even try glancing in her direction.

It wasn’t hard to piece the puzzle together when the leader was a Faery and with Kai’s resentment towards the species, it probably started with him based on way they were glowering at each other. Actually the better description would be the Faery was smirking while Kai was the one who was glowering.

Sunghye thought it was probably time to get to introductions before there would be unauthorized player kills. That and the fact she would at least buy some time and hopefully think of a strategy before they would fight.

Stepping forward, she announced her name and it was the leader who answered first.

“Call me T.O.P.” he stated before he pointed at a Warbeast male beside him with black ears and tail, leaning nonchalantly against a table. “This is Seungri, my second in command.”

The Faery soon pointed at a grinning Siren who was known as “J-hope” before moving his hand over the general lot who went to introduce themselves.

There was a Demigod by the name of “Zico” that Sunghye eyed warily, he seemed strong with a dangerous look in his eyes, one that Sunghye didn’t necessarily like.

The Humanoid of their group stood a bit apart from the rest of the members, as if appraising everyone, his hand shifting into an axe one second before shifting back the next. Unlike the others he didn’t offer his name when he was pointed at, instead his response was only a raised brow.

It was the Elf that stepped in then, smiling at Kyungmi in particular who just glared at him.

“Don’t mind him, Minhyuk is the quiet type.” He winked. “I’m Gikwang by the way, may I ask for your name cupcake?”

If it was possible, Kyungmi glared even harder, her hand forming into a scythe and that was Sunghye’s cue to step in.

“Should we go the East forest?” T.O.P asked once Sunghye was done introducing Crusade.

She glanced at Kai who hadn’t said a word through the whole exchange, and it was only when she laid a hand on his shoulder did he look her way.

“East forest?” she whispered to him.

He nodded, answering back quietly, “Level playing fields, not much cover though so you can’t really hide. It’s good though because that means no surprises and there’s a nearby pool of water that Kyungsoo could access if he needs it.”

With what the Elf said, Sunghye nodded at T.O.P. and it wasn’t long before the two teams made their way to the battle ground.

Along their walk, Sunghye trailed behind the groups alongside Kai and took the opportunity to talk to him.

“So Faeries?” she prompted him without any further elaboration. She didn’t need to after all when Kai cleared his throat and looked a bit sheepish.

“You know how I said before I was in a bad team…well it was BB-Beast,” Kai pauses and then takes the moment to glare at the back of their rival Faery’s head. “It was when they were still levelling up; they would do anything to get there even if it meant they would bully others. I couldn’t do the same, and when I stopped letting them use me for my spells, their previous leader-a Humanoid by the name of Taeyang kicked me out. Since T.O.P is now the leader, he’s been PM-ing me trying to get me to come back but I can’t, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Especially when he supported all the antics they did back then. In fact I’m pretty sure he was the mastermind behind most of it.”

Sunghye didn’t know what came over her but she grabbed his hand in hers and looked at him, pulling him to a stop. “Well I’m glad you didn’t go back to them.”

Kai blinked at her before a small smile graced his face as he squeezed her hand. “Really? Glad huh?”

Sunghye nodded quickly before she continued to walk and catch up the group with Kai in tow. She was pretty sure if it was possible, her character’s face would be blushing red at this point, especially considering that somehow she knew that if she looked over at him, she would see Kai grin. However she didn’t have too much time for the embarrassment to grow exponentially, as the two groups entered the fields.

Their hands disconnected then when the teams naturally split apart, taking their sides.

“Let’s make a wager,” Seungri said breaking the silence that had set upon them with a cheerful smile on his face.

Sunghye shared brief glances at her members who looked a bit comprehensive before speaking.

“What type of wager?”

“We know that you’re one of the teams that got an invitation for the final battle so if you guys lose, you’ll forfeit the chance. If we lose, we do the same.”

“That sounds fair enough,” she answered, looking back at the rest of her team for confirmation and with nods from all of them, just responded once again to Seungri. “Alright, then it’s a deal.”

J-hope, the Siren whose grin was relatively friendly turned a bit more maniacal when Sunghye agreed and the Demigod couldn’t help the small shiver that ran down her spine when she spotted him.

She was about to tell the others who they should try to fight against when she noticed that everyone has already chosen their own opponents. Kai especially had zeroed in on T.O.P without any question.

Sunghye had complete trust in her teammates abilities to fight against their opponents but there was still a seed a doubt inside of her. After all, BB-Beast were probably not one of the top teams for nothing.

Shaking her head slightly to get rid of any negative thoughts, Sunghye focused at the quiet Humanoid on the other team. He didn’t seem like much of a threat, that is until his hand formed into an sabre sword and she knew that if anything, he had some skills to control a sleek weapon like that.

When she glanced around quickly, she noticed that no one had made the first move, strategizing as their minds whirled with a battle plan.

Sunghye should have expected Chen to be the first to dive right in, flying straight at J-hope as he fired an arrow, only to miss when J-hope dodged and ran towards the water.

As if time had sped up, there was a surge as magic met weapon. Kyungmi meeting the Demigod Zico with brute force and attacking as he tried to defend from the Scythe. But he was a bit too late as Kyungmi was able to inflict quite a bit of damage.

Sunghye learned that she was right about Minhyuk when he used his sword without expending extra energy to fight against her, avoiding her beam with footsteps of someone very experienced.

There was a sound of crashing waves as the pool of water were utilized by both the Sirens and the Demigod saw in the corner of her eye, Kai was using his stamina to run and avoid the blows from T.O.P as he tried to create a destructive spell to use against the Faery.

Sunghye realized what a mistake it was to be even slightly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter