Level 16

Arceldia Online [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double update because I have no control.

Chen joining Crusade definitely added more to their whole dysfunctional team dynamic which meant he fit right in.

Kyungmi and Chen got along very well. In fact they were almost attached by the hip making Kai’s life as uncomfortable and life threatening as possible. In the Elf’s opinion, they were a dangerous combination together but the rest of the group just found it highly entertaining.

Chen on no account liked Kai that way, he made that clear to everyone he was into girls when he stared at a female Warbeast’s outfit with intense eyes at the pub the other day.

Kai wasn’t there at the time so he didn’t know that and the Faery took full advantage of it, teasing him and winking at him whenever he got the chance. Kai’s reaction every time was hilarious.

Sometimes he blushed or even froze—not knowing how to respond. One of Sunghye’s favourite stunts was when Chen had Kai’s arm delicately while giving him a smoldering look. The Elf’s reaction to that was he slammed his knee against the table which in turn made him bend over in pain only to have his forehead slam on the table in the pub. He quickly gartered the attention of other patrons there as everyone in the group roared with laughter.

Chen wasn’t cruel however when he was being playful, he picked his moments with Kai because he did like the Elf in a non-creepy, man crush, role model way and so he didn’t overdo his flirtatious behaviour especially when they were on a quest.

Currently they were battling against Nature, literally.

Trees were alive and flowers were attacking them at all sides.

Kyungsoo was probably having the worst time because apparently he hated pollen with a passion which was shown through the way he was practically drowning everything around him (and also the swearing—a lot of swearing).

Their objective for their quest was to find a book, an ancient magical book that apparently was giving life to the forest. The only way to stop them would be to counter attack with another spell from the same book which was why Kai and Sehun had disappeared from the premises to search for it.

Everyone else was just trying to do their best in holding off Nature.

Sunghye and Kyungmi kept their backs to each other as they fought. She was summoning several beams, and Kyungmi was using her cannon because it covered more surface area.  Despite their hard efforts, even though their enemies’ levels were low there were just too many of them coming from all directions and it never seemed to end.

Out of all of them, Chen didn’t seem to be peril when he simply flew away from any impending attacks and shot at them with his bow and arrow with relative ease.

Sunghye was sort of jealous of him.

His beautiful air manoeuvres didn’t last long however when another group entered in the middle of their quest. One of them from that group, a male Warbeast spotted Chen and immediately ran towards him.

Chen was oblivious which was why when he was flying close enough to the ground, he was tackled by the Warbeast who immediately started to yell at him.

Based on how the Warbeast’s team didn’t bat an eye at the scene, Sunghye assumed it was someone that Chen probably knew. Granted, she was too busy fighting off evil Marigolds to worry about much else.

The Warbeast’s team didn’t seem to really notice the chaos around them until Kyungmi shouted at them.

“Are you planning to just stand around like idiots or help us?”

The female Elf cringed with a sheepish smile and beckoned the rest of the group to follow her into the fight. By then Chen was being strangled by the Warbeast who was now crying over him as a mob of flowers covered the both of them.

Okay, maybe Sunghye was a bit worried now.

If he was going to die though, frankly it was the least of her problems because she was suddenly pulled by a tree’s branch and was now upside down.

Sunghye could feel the blood flow to her face and it was making her dizzy which was maybe why she didn’t see how everything suddenly stopped and died off as Nature was no longer animated.

A second later Sunghye was freefalling from the branch that held her ankle, and falling into the arms of someone.

When Sunghye’s eyes opened she saw it was the female Elf and she blushed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter