Level 6

Arceldia Online [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Sunghye logged in the next day at the appointed time in the pub, she saw that Kai was already there waiting with no Sehun in sight. She inquired about him and Kai just shrugged.

“We just wait,” Kai said simply.

Taking a seat beside him, Sunghye did but eventually her thoughts got the better of her and she opened to voice it out.

“So why is it me?” Sunghye asked.

Kai turned to her with knowing eyes and she realized that he may have expected her to ask that.

“It’s true that I used the spell on the computer program when I learned about a new player joining. I just didn’t know that it was you, if it wasn’t I would probably do the same introduction but the likelihood of me sticking around might have changed. You were at the right place at the right time.”

Sunghye raised her eyebrow at the reply.

“I stayed because you’re different from the others I’ve met and plus it seems like you have a powerful ability for such a beginner. Seeing it grow will be fun to watch and it’ll be handy to have by my side,” Kai continued.

Sunghye snorted. “You’re such a gamer.”                    

“Through and through,” Kai said with a smile and Sunghye couldn’t help but smile back since it was so infectious.

At that moment Sehun logged in, breaking their conversation instantly.

“It’s time to go?” Sehun said, his wolf ears twitching with excitement.

Instead of responding, Kai pulled up the quests at the table they were sitting at. Scrolling through the list he finally found the one they were planning on doing.

His finger was poised over the quest and suddenly a screen popped up for all of them, asking if they were willing to participate. Each of them pressed “yes” instantly and then another screen popped up.

“Crap, what’s our team name?” Sunghye questioned with a panic in her voice.

Kai shrugged and Sehun widened his eyes not really knowing himself.

“You’re the one who created the team so you come up with the name,” Kai stated and Sunghye groaned in answer. She was horrible when it came to usernames, and even worse at team names but when she really thought about it, it somehow came to her almost instantly.

“What about ‘Crusade’?”

Sehun smiled. “That sounds good.”

Kai raised his eyebrow at her but nodded.

Taking their approval, Sunghye inputted the name in and noted that their group was now in the rankings, one of the lowest though but she didn’t let it bother her.

As soon as that was done, they all were asked if they wanted to go to the quest and as each of them pressed “yes” once more they were transported into the NPC town where a crowd had gathered around the middle of town. It was assumed that the woman standing on a small podium was the mayor as she spoke to the audience who—when Sunghye paid more attention—had looks for fear as well as anger.

“The monster has been plaguing our woods for weeks, scaring away our animals and kidnapping our children but we will fight back!” the mayor yelled out passionately.

Everyone there cheered loudly and Sunghye had to cover her ears when a lady close to her practically screeched.

“These heroes have stepped up to the challenge to rid the monster for us and save our children! Let us cheer them on!” When the mayor announced that statement, the three were propelled by their feet who were acting on their own, towards the podium. Once there the mayor congratulated them on their courage and the crowd dispersed after one more shout, before she turned her head towards them with eyes that were filled with concern.

“Thank you for doing this, and I wish that it well turn out well. Many have tried before you but few have overcome the power of the monster. Follow the path into the woods, there you will find a cave where the monster lives. Good luck heroes,” the mayor stated and then walked away after her job was done.

Sunghye blankly stared after her. “Are all NPCs like that?”

Sehun shook his head. “No not really. It’s dependent on the type of quest actually.”

“Some NPCs tend to be more interactive and whatever answer you give them would provoke a different response. Others though, just say what they need to like the mayor here,” Kai added.

“Is there a chance that someone is doing the same quest as us? Because the mayor mentioned that there were others,” Sunghye asked as the three soon followed their designated path.

“There might be, sometimes quests are joined by other groups and the only way for it to be officially completed is if whoever is there finishes the task first and collect their winnings. Then for the other teams, the quest is void and they’re teleported out of the quest without accomplishing anything.”

“So it’s like first come, first serve.”

“Exactly.”

“Then we should probably hurry because I think I hear some fighting up ahead.”

Once Sunghye said that, the two males noticed instantly what she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter