Level 28

Arceldia Online [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After seeing how much money that Soyou got from just lunch breaks, Sunghye’s boss laid permanent claim for her food truck near the office buildings.

For the most part, it was beneficial to Sunghye because that meant more tips for her and she could only imagine what game she would potentially buy after she was finished with Arceldia. And speaking of the game, Sunghye was able to see Kai every day which was a plus and while sometimes she found herself overthinking her answers and thoughts but also fumbling when their hands brushed against each other, she enjoyed his company when she was on break.

Over time they even claimed a bench of their own, just close enough that Sunghye can hear Soyou if she ever called her back, but off to the side so her boss couldn’t outright stalk her. Luckily for Sunghye, after a while of getting the same response every time it was brought up, Soyou for the most part gave up on her even though she would always (always) wiggle her eyebrows at her every time she got back into the truck after spending her break with Kai.

She would always ignore it in favour of continuing a conversation on her phone with Kai instead.

The surprising thing about them was even though they met through Arceldia, and while they had their Ninowatt glasses, there never was an urge for Sunghye to put them on to play for a while on break even though that was what she did before she bumped into Kai.

For Sunghye, it was talking to Kai that was somehow even better than the game itself. Bantering back and forth soon became a common occurrence for him and her as they learned about each other’s difference. It was nice, because by the end of the day they would be able to at least understand one another even though they didn’t necessarily agree with whatever viewpoint they had.

“You’re kidding! Apple is always better.” Kai frowned as he took out his phone just so he could prove his point as he scrolled through his apps and settings. “I mean I never have to worry about losing my phone because it has a built-in locator, and not only that there’s also a holographic calling feature.”

“Which kills your battery faster I’m sure. You know I have holographic phoning too right? And my phone here lasts a week before even dropping down to 50%,” Sunghye replied.

“I have Bluetooth charging capabilities.”

“So do I. Seriously Kai,” Sunghye said with fond exasperation, “at least think of something unique.”

“I can shrink the screen so it fits into the pocket of my jeans.”

“You never have to face the problem of girl skinny jeans though.”

Kai chortled. “How about you then?”

“Well I can drop my phone in the deep fryer and it won’t die.”

Kai blinked, and then raised an eyebrow at Sunghye. “You’ve done that before haven’t you?”

Sunghye scoffed, the tip of her shoe brushing the ground lightly as she glanced away. “No.”

“Really?”

“…Fine yes. But it just proves that Android is still superior!”

“Are you sure your phone isn’t half-Nokia?” Kai joked.

Sunghye furrowed her brows. “Isn’t Nokia the construction company?”

“Yeah but they used to develop phones back then.”

“Huh, what pointless information.”

“Yeah but its information you’ll end up remembering,” Kai said as if speaking from experience, which he probably was.

Sunghye snorted. “That’s true.”

“By the way is it okay if I get on Arceldia real quick? I bid for something in the shop and I wanted to check the progress.”

Sunghye shrugged good-naturedly. “Go ahead, I mean I shouldn’t dictate whether or not you go on it.”

“It’s considered rude to game in front of someone though.”

Sunghye waved her hand, signalling him to just do it. “While you’re at it, check if there are any quests we should take on.”

Kai nodded before he pulled out his Ninowatt glasses from his pants pocket. Sunghye widened her eyes and wondered how he was able to keep it in there without them being damaged in any way.

During those minutes, Kai was on third POV which meant he still had relative awareness around him, Sunghye knew though she was able to look at him without him noticing.

His fingers were absently tapping against his leg, black slacks off set with a light blue button up that hugged his chest and arms in just the right places. He even had suspenders, which might have looked ridiculous if it wasn’t Kai who was wearing them.

Yet it wasn’t his style that really caught Sunghye’s eye but the way his lips were up the sides at the moment. Honestly, the times when they were laughing about something were what Sunghye enjoyed the most because Kai’s smile really brightened the sun.

She li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter