Level 8

Arceldia Online [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Sunghye arrived at their usual time in the pub at the start of a new gaming day, surprisingly enough she didn’t find Sehun or Kai in the spot they would always sit at.

Instead when her eyes searched the place, she found Sehun waving at her happily tucked away at a table in a little corner where it seemed as though Kai was cowering behind a potted plant.

“What’s going on?” Sunghye asked when she got near, taking the seat right beside Sehun.

“Ask him.” Sehun tilted his head towards Kai, before he took a bite of what seemed to be noodle soup.

The Demigod simply turned to look at Kai, who after a few seconds reluctantly moved the leaves from his face so that he could talk to Sunghye.

“You know the siblings yesterday?” Kai whispered.

“The ones we fought with?”

Kai nodded. “They’re sitting at the table right over there.”

Eagerly, Sunghye moved her head to the side to see a small crowd acting somewhat rambunctiously had gathered around the table that Kai had pointed out. A second later, water doused all of them and a couple of them left, looking like drowned cats with a scowl on their faces.

It seemed as though the male Siren was the cause of it.

“Come on honey, don’t be like that. If you wanted to make me wet, there is another way,” one of girls a part of the crowd called out loudly. Sehun instantly choked on a particular noodle at that comment and Sunghye raised an eyebrow when she suddenly saw the tip of a scythe appear over their heads. The crowd quickly dispersed after that giving Sunghye a chance to see that indeed it was the sibling duo. Upon closer inspection, she noticed that the male Siren looked annoyed beyond belief and the Humanoid girl was giving the stink eye to anyone who would come a little too close, her scythe hand lying on the table casually announcing a silent threat.

“I’m going to go talk to them,” Sunghye declared bravely but before she could stand up, Kai had latched onto her hand.

“Are you crazy?” he hissed at her, “She could beat you up to a bloody plump.”

“Are you scared?” Sunghye shot back at him and Kai pouted when she knew exactly how he felt. She just shook his hand off and then stood up from her seat. “Plus I already grew two levels—stop worrying so much. Weren’t you the one who told me people don’t kill in safe zones?”

Reluctantly Kai had to nod, and Sunghye shot him a triumph look. When she was about to walk over, Sehun said he’d join them a bit later after he finished his food and Kai gasped at him, calling him a traitor.

Rolling her eyes Sunghye left their table as the two soon started to squabble at each other.

When she was in close vicinity, the Humanoid girl saw her instantly and recognition passed through her eyes before they narrowed in anger. Sunghye threw her arms up in surrender without any hesitation.

“What do you want?” the girl spat at her as her brother observed her with wide round eyes from across the table.

“I want you to be my friend,” Sunghye said honestly. It was true, after seeing their skills in the battle the other day and their dynamic personalities; she knew somehow they’d get along.

“Do you even think you have the right to ask that?”

“I’ll give you half our prize money. You guys deserve it for helping us fight anyways.” Sunghye said and jumped when she heard a cry of dismay from Sehun, who had apparently sneaked up from behind her. Kai was hiding right behind him.

When the Humanoid girl’s scythe retracted into a hand, Sunghye took it as a good sign and took a seat beside her brother.

Sehun sat beside the girl and Kai had to pull up another chair to sit at the side.

“I’m Sunghye.” the Demigod said brightly holding out her hand to the Humanoid. “The Warbeast is Sehun, and Kai is the Elf.”

The girl just looked at the hand before huffing and then went to stare at the wall beside her. Her brother took Sunghye’s hand instead.

“Don’t mind her,” the Siren stated, “she’s just a sore loser—”

“I’m not a sore loser!”

“I’m Kyungsoo by the way,” the Siren continued, “this here is my younger sister Kyungmi. We’re twins.”

No wonder they looked so similar. Without being in threat or in danger, Sunghye was finally able to pay closer attention to the state of the siblings’ appearances. Kyungsoo had the tell-tale webbed fingers and pale scaly skin, his pitch black hair was slightly wavy and his silver eyes were wide and innocent. His wardrobe matched his hair, head-to-toe in complete black without a cape. In a way, she didn’t understand why people really liked him until he smiled at her with his heart shaped lips because in that second she was a goner. Given the fact that Sirens had the ability to hypnotize, no wonder Kyungsoo attracted attention from both genders.

Kyungmi’s wardrobe like Kyungsoo’s coordinated in his shade but unlike Sunghye, who had on a skirt, she had shorts on that led to knee-high boots and while Kyungsoo was soft, Kyungmi on the other hand had an edge to her. Her hair was cut in a bob and dyed purple, with black kohl-covered eyes and a frown permanently fixed on lips that were like Kyungsoo’s. If she smiled the more often, Sunghye was sure she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter