Chapter 9 - Error

Beauty in the Unexpected

“Ah oppa don’t do that in front of my friends. It’s really embarrassing” Jiyeon said. Jackson was playing with her hair whilst Jiyeon was talking to her friends.

“But your hair is really pretty. It’s so soft and beautiful like you.” Jackson said as he winked at her.

“AH OPPA you’re making me blush.” Jiyeon said as she covered her cheeks.

“You’re cute.” Jackson said as he smiled at her and pinched her cheeks. ‘Ah this gets tiring sometimes.’ Jackson thought. He looked towards Youngji at the corner of his eye to see what she was doing. He noticed that she looked cheerful for the first time which was not always the case when she was around him. ‘Youngji...’  

Youngji was playing with her hair as she was talking with JB. “How are you still alive? I mean your fans can get really annoying sometimes. Don’t you get random stalkers following you and everything?” Youngji asked.

“Hmm. I guess I’m used to them by now. We don’t get followed as much because we don’t tend to walk around the neighbourhood but we do get a few extreme fans.” JB said.

“Eh that’s not too bad. I hear on the news that there’s fans who enter their idols’ houses and take pictures and everything.” Youngji said.

“Nah we don’t get that too often. It rarely happens.” JB said as he tried to remember the number of times a fan entered their house.

“WAIT! HAS IT HAPPENED BEFORE?!?!” Youngji said, shocked that there are fans who would go to such extremes.

“Yh once or twice. We had to move out when that happened.” JB said.

“Ah why would they do that? Don’t they have anything better to do?” Youngji said.

“AHAHAHAH Ahhh JIYEOON you’re so adorable,” Jackson shouted causing everyone to look towards the two. Youngji looked towards Jackson, ‘he seems to be happier with Jiyeon than me.’

“Youngji are you okay? You look like you’re about to cry.” JB said as he pointed at her eyes which were filled with tears.  

Youngji was stunned as she felt a tear escape her eye and fell on her cheek. ‘Why am I crying?’

“Ah oppa. I think I have dust in my eyes. I’m going to go and wash my eyes out. Catch you later.”

“Ah Youngji,” JB said as he got up but Youngji quickly ran outside the classroom and went to the bathroom. ‘Poor Youngji. Ah Jackson that idiot.’

Youngji went into a cubicle and locked the door. She shut the toilet seat and sat on top with her arms wrapped around her crossed legs. She rested her head on her knees. ‘I’m such an idiot. Crying. Why am I crying for no reason? Jackson-’

“Did you hear that rumour that is going around about POLARIS’s Wang Jackson?” A girl said.

Youngji rose her head from her knees as she thought she heard Jackson’s name. ‘Jackson?’

“No. What happened?” the other girl asked.

“Apparently Wang Jackson is dating Jiyeon” the girl said.

Youngji’s eyes widened in shock. ‘They’re dating. What!’

“NO WAY!!!?!?!” the other girl said.

“YES! And apparently they kissed on the rooftop the other day!” the girl said. 

‘Jackson…kissed her…? He must love her. Seeing how close the two were before.’ Youngji thought as she looked towards her fingers.

“OH MY GOD THEY KISSED! WOW. Bet this is going to be on the news.” the other girl said.

Youngji looked up towards the door, ‘Oh yes I forgot he’s an idol. They’re going to display it on the news and it’s going to be official and everything. Maybe, he’s going to… AH what is wrong with me? I shouldn’t be jealous. He doesn’t even like me. And I don’t even… like him. We’re just friends. That’s all it can ever be.’ Youngji got up and flushed the toilet and opened the door. She walked to the sink to wash her hands and quickly left the bathroom before the two girls could say anything.

“That took you awfully long. Or is it because you were also listening to the girls gossiping about Jackson,” JB said as he looked at the watch on his wrist.

“Oppa. You know that’s really creepy of you to be waiting outside the girl’s toilets.” Youngji said surprised that JB was waiting outside for the whole time.

“No wait I’m not being those creepy stalkers.” JB said realising that his actions were slightly strange.

“AHAHAHA I was only joking. But Jackson…” Youngji said as she looked towards her feet.

“Don’t worry. We’re used to this. We get a lot of rumours about Jackson dating various girls. Though… Jinyoung hyung is not going to be happy about this.” JB said realising that Jinyoung would get angry at Jackson for misbehaving.

“Ah I see. But he is awfully close to Jiyeon. So it might be true.” Youngji said.

“Do you like him?” JB asked.

Youngji widened her eyes as she was dumbfounded at the forwardness of his question. She didn’t think JB would ask her that directly. “I… I… We’re just friends.” Youngji stuttered. She tried to pinch her wrist to stop her nervousness. 

JB noticed that Youngji was trying to pinch herself and grabbed her wrist preventing her from doing so. He pulled her wrist towards him causing her to stumble forwards but was instead pulled into a hug. “Youngji.” He wrapped one arm around her back and placed the other hand on her head. ‘I’m sorry Jackson.’

Youngji felt her heart beating faster. She slowly wrapped her arms around his waist. She could feel the warmth radiating from his body.

“OH MY GOD! JB HAS A GIRLFRIEND!” a girl said.

JB quickly broke apart from the hug. He looked towards the girl as she slowly took a phone out of her pocket. He grabbed onto Youngji’s hand. “Run!” JB said as he ran down the corridor. ‘Damn this is bad. I can’t let her get caught.’ JB thought as he looked towards Youngji who was panting heavily. JB looked in every classroom trying to find an empty classroom but there were students in all of them. He stopped in front of the entrance and looked behind him. There were a group of girls now chasing the two of them with their phones in their hands.

“Why are we running? We can just tell them that we’re not dating.” Youngji said as she placed her hand on her chest, panting heavily.

“You should know what my fans are like. They won’t listen. And if they get a picture of you, then they will make your life exceptionally difficult. They will chase you wherever you go and send you death threats. They might even end up hurting your family. So I wouldn’t bet on them being understanding.” JB said. “Right have you ever bunked school?” JB smiled as he grabbed her wrist and ran outside. JB took out a phone in his pocket as he exited the school gates. “Hyung, I need you NOW!” JB screamed into his phone.

“Wait where are we going?” Youngji said as she noticed that JB was looking anxious.

“Um. Let’s. Um run around for a while until my manager gets here.” JB said as he was still holding onto her wrist.

Suddenly, a black van parked in front of them. “GET INSIDE JB! NOW!” a guy said inside the van. JB quickly opened the door and pushed Youngji inside. He quickly got inside and shut the door.

“Ah thanks hyung.” JB said as he slouched in his seat. “I thought I was going to die for a second.”

“Wow. How did you manage to get a group of girls to chase you?” the manager said as he looked in the rear mirror.

“Um. Well. I think it’s quite obvious.” JB said as he pointed at Youngji.

“Ah. JB. I didn’t think you would get a girlfriend,” the manager said.

“I’m not his girlfriend. And where are we going?” Youngji asked.

“Oh poor JB. Guess he’s not lucky with girls after all,” the manager said.

“Home. Mine and Jackson’s home… We can’t let your mother know that you’ve been bunking school. And plus. We owe you for when you invited us over.” JB said as he grinned at her.

“Ah I see. And sorry about before. It seems those girls are going to be chasing you for a while.” Youngji said as she started to fiddle with her fingers.

“Nah that was my fault. And I told you. I’m used to it already. Though, I might not hangout with you for a while.” JB said.

Youngji looked towards JB, there was no anger in his eyes. He looked calm like as if he’s been in this situation before.

“Yh I’m used to people staring at me as well,” JB said as he looked straight towards the driver.

“Ah I’m sorry. I wasn’t staring or anything.” Youngji said shyly as she turned away and looked outside the window.

“Right Kids. Get off.” The manager said as he stopped the van and looked behind him.

“Thank you.” Youngji said as she got out of the van.

“Right here we are. Home.” JB said as he looked up. Youngji stared at the tall building in front of her and gulped hard.

“Dayum this place is nice.” Youngji said as she noticed the balcony on top. The glass windows glistened in the sunlight. There were two window panels on either sides of the door allowing you to see the place behind the door. JB unlocked the door and walked inside. Youngji followed and closed the door behind her.

“Right place your shoes here.” JB said as he pointed towards the mat on the floor. Youngji observed the ground and how clean it was. There was not even a speck of dirt on the white marble floor. “Ah you can wear these for now. It’s Jackson’s and I’m sure he’ll let you use them.” JB said as pointed towards the brown slippers.

“Right this the living room. And I’m sorry about the mess. Jackson likes to keep things… literally everywhere.” JB said as he started to give Youngji a tour of the house.

“Wow! It’s so big!!! It’s like the size of two rooms in my house.” Youngji said.

“Ahahahaha yh.” JB walked towards the door on the other side and opened it. It was like a small corridor and there were 6 other large doors. “Right the two doors here are mine and Jackson’s bedroom. I would need to clean up before I show you those rooms.” JB said as he remembered how messy his bed worse and didn’t think Jackson’s room would be any better. “This room is our closet and we keep our clothes in here.” JB said as he pointed towards the door ahead.

“YOU HAVE A ROOM?!??! FOR YOUR CLOTHES?!? WOW!!” Youngji shouted, shocked that they have a whole room to put clothes into. “And all I have is a small wardrobe in my room,” Youngji said.

“Yh. We have many clothes.” JB laughed.

“And this room is our little gym. We can exercise here and focus on our music. There’s a little studio if you go passed that door” JB said as he pointed to the door at the far end of the room.

“And this is our main bathroom,” JB said.

“Main… Main… WHAT DO YOU MEAN MAIN?!?” Youngji said.

“Ah. We both have bathrooms in our room. This is our main bathroom.” JB said as he scratched his head.

“And there’s me who has to fight with my sister everyday to use the toilet first.” Youngji said jealous that they have so many rooms.

“Ahahaha. This place is expensive though. Anyway. Do you want anything to eat or drink?” JB asked.

“I would like a cup of tea if that’s not too much of a bother.” Youngji said.

“Right, No that’s fine.” JB said. JB walked towards the living room followed by Youngji and walked into the kitchen.

“I didn’t even realise that the kitchen was connected to the living room. These rich people.” Youngji muttered to herself. She walked towards the table and sat on the stool as JB started heating the water in the kettle.

“So Youngji. What do you think?” JB questioned.

“Think? About what?” Youngji said, confused at his question.

“Do you want to live here? Now you realise how fantastic this place is.” JB said, smiling at her.

“Well this place would be nice to live but no. Thanks for the offer.” Youngji said as she observed her surroundings.

“Probably because of Jackson. That guy just messes this place up.” JB said as he made a fist in front of his face.

“Well you two seem to be awfully close. First, hyung apparently has a girlfriend. And now I’m seeing my best friend with my… Anyway. What is she doing here, hyung?” Jackson asked JB as he crossed his arms.

“I invited her over. I felt that we owe her considering that she let us stay at her house and her mother cooked meals for us.” JB said as he placed his hands on the table and glared at Jackson.

“Well she better leave soon. The later it is, the more dangerous it will be for her to go out.” Jackson said as he slumped into the couch.

“Don’t say it as if you care.” JB muttered under his breath. JB made a fist on the table causing Youngji to notice that he was angry at Jackson.

“Right. I was going to leave anyway. It doesn’t matter.” Youngji said as she got up and walked towards the door to leave. ‘Jackson… Why are you being like this?’ Youngji stood in front of Jackson as she looked towards him. He just sat there staring at the wall in front of him.

“Youngji wait.” JB said as he walked towards her and grabbed her arm gently. “At least have a cup of tea…for me… please” JB pleaded as he put on his puppy eyes.

“Fine ok. Then I’m going to leave.” Youngji sternly said.

Youngji sat next to Jackson on the couch. She looked towards Jackson who was still staring at the wall. “Jackson?” Youngji said.

“What.” Jackson said coldly as he slowly turned his head towards Youngji. Youngji didn’t say anything but looked into his eyes. He wasn’t blinking at all. ‘His eyes… look sad.’ Youngji thought.

‘Youngji… you…’ Jackson thought as he looked into her eyes trying to read her emotions. “If you’re not going to say anything then leave.” Jackson said harshly.

“Youngji, your tea is ready,” JB shouted from the kitchen.

Youngji got up and approached JB who was staring at his phone. She picked up her tea and slowly started sipping from it.

“Ah what now. Oh well,” JB sighed.

“What’s wrong?” Youngji asked.

“Nothing. I need to go see Jinyoung hyung. I’ll be back in an hour or so. Youngji. I’m sorry to ask this of you. But could you please stay for a while. I’ll go and come back quickly. I need to tell you something as well.” JB said as he pleaded with her.

“Can’t you tell me now? Or tomorrow?” Youngji asked as JB started to get ready to leave.

“Nope. It has to be today. And I can’t tell you now.” JB said as he leaned out his head from behind the door. “Well bye. Stay okay. Don’t leave,” JB said as he left the house. The door shut leaving the house in silence.

“Doesn’t Jinyoung-shi need to see you as well?” Youngji looked towards Jackson.

“Nope. It means that JB hyung has probably done something wrong,” Jackson said monotonously.

“WA-WHAT HAS HE DONE WRONG! Omo is he going to be in trouble.” Youngji said slightly worried. Jackson sighed and looked towards Youngji who was really restless right now.

“Ah is it my fault. Because we hugged earlier. How would he know? Oh no. Did they manage to get pictures? Or maybe it’s because I was hanging around with him so much. Or is it because of-” Youngji said as she started to walk back and forth the room whilst biting her nails.

“SHUTUP!” Jackson shouted as he cut her off her nonstop questions. Jackson stood up and clenched his fists. Youngji quickly stopped walking around the room and stared at Jackson. She never thought that he could get this angry.

“Jackson…” Youngji said slightly troubled that Jackson was annoyed with her.

“Don’t Jackson me. If you like JB so much, then why don’t you follow him! Such a nuisance,” Jackson said irritated with her. Youngji was speechless. She didn’t know why he was so angry with her.

“Jackson. Why are you so angry with me? What have I done wrong?” Youngji asked almost to the point of crying. Her eyes were filled with water, blurring her view.

“WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS CRYING?” Jackson shouted. ‘For me… who doesn’t even deserve you,’ Jackson thought to himself.

Suddenly, the front door shut causing a loud sound. “Is that-” Youngji said but was cut off by Jackson who was covering . He placed a finger in front of his lips as he looked towards her to tell her to be quiet.  

“Jacksonnieee. JB. Where are you?” a girl said at the front door.