Chapter 1 - Changes

Beauty in the Unexpected

Jackson PoV 

Jackson and JB were standing in the middle of Jinyoung's office. JYP called them in saying that he has news for them about a new project, an ordinary life project. And that requires the both of them to attend an ordinary school.

"Hyung why do we have to go to an ordinary school? Why can't we just go to Kirin High like we always do?" Jackson questioned even though he knows the answer to it. He liked Kirin High as life was easy there and hated the fact that he has to go to a random school where the people there aren’t even rich.  Kirin High is a school where all the singers and actors go to. It was a place where you can relax, where you don't have to worry about life and where you don't have to study. It was an unfair school where grades were bought with money. 

"No Jackson. You and JB need to be able to show your fans that you can attend an ordinary school and have an ordinary life. I can't let you be spoilt like those other artists." Jinyoung knew that this was a bad idea to let them go to a normal school but he couldn’t handle all the articles which were saying that POLARIS were just famous because they go to Kirin High and don’t even work hard for it. And as the CEO of JYP entertainment that formed POLARIS, he had to make a few sacrifices. 

"But hyung-" Jackson whined whilst clinging on to Jinyoung’s arm. However, Jinyoung isn’t the type of person who would easily give in.

"No that's enough. Right your first day starts today. Here's your uniform. You better both go and get ready; you don't want to be late on your first day." JYP teased knowing how much Jackson hated school and hated having an ordinary life.  

"Hyung what's going to happen to our schedules?" JB questioned whilst looking at Jackson fiddling with his fingers.

"They have all been cancelled so that our little ordinary life project can take place." JYP thought carefully about this decision and realised it was best if they keep it low for now and show the public how much of a “good student” they are.

"Ordinary life project huh. Right. Let's go Jackson." JB knew that JYP must have thought this through otherwise he wouldn’t make them do that.

 

Youngji PoV 

"YOUNGJIII WAKE UP YOU LAZY BUM!!!!" Her mother (Heo Jaehee) screamed from down the stairs. 

"Hmm it's already time for school. Omma  can I not go to school today? I'm really tired." Youngji yawned realising that she was already late for school.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY? Get your lazy bum out of bed." Jaehee scolded at her daughter.

“Ahh school is such a waste of time. Nothing ever interesting happens at school. I wish the school would just vanish in thin air” Youngji mumbled to herself knowing that no one was listening to her.  

Youngji got out of bed and got ready for school. She wore her uniform which was a plain white top with a blue ribbon tied into a bow under her collar. She wore a blue pleated skirt and knee high white socks. She went downstairs to eat some bread and grabbed her lunch for school. She put her shoes on and grabbed her bag and was ready to leave. 

"Wait you forgot your necklace you idiot. Ah so much for a lucky charm huh." Jaehee sighed knowing that Youngji always forgets something everyday.

Youngji's necklace was her lucky charm given to her by her father before he passed away. She always wore it every day to school but somehow almost managed to forget it on this very day. 

"Thank you. What would I have done without it. Bye omma." Youngji said in a sarcastic tone as she left and closed the door behind her. 

She stared at the necklace in her hand. It was a silver chain with a small pendant in the middle in the shape of a heart. She smiled and tied it around her neck and tucked it under her shirt.

“I'm so glad I have this. But I've never forgotten to bring this before. Hmm I hope nothing bad happens today at school.”

 

Jackson PoV 

After Jackson and JB got changed they headed straight for school. JYP made them walk to school so that they could get used to the "less privileged" life. 

Jackson stood in front of the school gate watching masses of pupils walking in. 

"Lighet High School huh. This better be worth it."