Chapter 10 - Dangerous Love

Beauty in the Unexpected

---In the previous chapter---

Suddenly, the front door shut causing a loud sound. “Is that-” Youngji said but was cut off by Jackson who was covering . He placed a finger in front of his lips as he looked towards her to tell her to be quiet. 

“Jacksonnieee. JB. Where are you?” a girl said at the front door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Who,” Youngji mouthed.

Jackson just shrugged causing Youngji to look at him with a disappointing look. The door handle began to turn and the door slowly creaked open. Jackson’s eye widened in shock as he grabbed Youngji’s wrist and quickly ran to his bedroom.

“What are we doing?” Youngji whispered.

“Hiding.” Jackson said as he looked out his window trying to find an escape route.

“We can’t just hide. We should tell them to leave.” Youngji said as she watched Jackson run around the room. She noticed his room was very messy with clothes and books everywhere. She sat on his bed and looked at a book which was placed by his bedside.

“Youngji. You seem to not know anything about sasaengs. You can’t reason with them. And you’re here which makes things worse.” Jackson said.

“Me? What have I done wrong?” Youngji said slightly raising her voice. Jackson quickly ran to Youngji and covered .

“Oh I thought I heard someone,” the sasaeng said from outside.

Youngji looked towards the door worried. Jackson quickly grabbed her wrist causing her to get off the bed. “In there. Let’s go.” Jackson said as he pointed to under the bed.

“Are you crazy?!?!” Youngji said.

“Well do you want to get caught? You’ll be famous and my fans would probably try to kill you, including your family,” Jackson said.

“Aish.” Youngji said as she lifted the duvet hanging from the bed and slipped under the bed. It was quite spacious underneath but with all the boxes around made it difficult.

“Hey move up,” Jackson said as he crouched next to the bed. The floor creaked and they both realised that the sasaeng was getting closer. Jackson quickly went inside and placed the duvet back to where it was to cover them. Jackson looked around and noticed that there wasn’t enough room for the two of them so laid on top of Youngji. He placed his hands by her head and held his body up to prevent them touching.

“What are you doing?” Youngji said as she started to blush. She was thankful that it was dark underneath otherwise Jackson would have noticed her blushing.

“There’s no space and this is the only way.” Jackson said as he tried to hold his body up. He slowly started to drop as his hands got tired from holding himself up. The distance between the two of them got smaller causing Youngji to feel uncomfortable.

“Um. Um. Do you want to switch places?” Youngji asked as she lay on the carpet underneath the bed. After a few bumping with the base of the bed, they managed to switch places with Youngji in a press-up position with her hands by his head.

“Youngji…” Jackson said as he felt her hair brushing against his ears and neck.

Suddenly, the door screeched open. Jackson’s eyes widened as he heard footsteps.

“Where are you Jacksonnieee?” the sasaeng said. “Wow I didn’t know Jackson’s room would be this messy,” the sasaeng said. The girl walked passed Jackson’s bed causing a book that was near the edge of the bed to fall. The loud sound caused from the book caused Youngji to jump and hit her head on the base of the bed. “What was that noise?” the sasaeng said.

Youngji tried to rub her head but was unable to do that efficiently as she was trying to hold her body up. Jackson suddenly grabbed Youngji around the waist and let Youngji rest on him. He placed his hand on her head and rubbed her head to soothe the pain. Youngji’s heart was beating fast as she realised how close the two were. She could feel his breath against her cheek.

“Where are they? Jackson’s not here and neither is JB. I was sure there was a girl here because of the shoes at the front. But no one’s here,” the sasaeng said to herself. She left the room disappointed that she couldn’t find anyone.

Jackson quickly peeped out from under to see if the room was clear. When he realised that there was no one in sight, he quickly got out from underneath. He stretched out his hand to help Youngji up from underneath and placed his finger on his lip to quieten her.

“Stay here. I’m going to search around,” Jackson said as he placed a hand on her head.

“Jackson,” Youngji said, worried.

“I’ll be back, don’t worry,” Jackson said trying to reassure her.

Jackson slowly searched the whole house to see if there was anyone there. After a few minutes of searching, he returned to his room to find Youngji looking shocked.

“They’re gone. Let’s go,” Jackson said as he took her hand and brought her to the living room.    

“Who was that?” Youngji asked, still shaking with fear.

“Sasaengs. They tend to visit our house. It’s quite irritating though,” Jackson said. “Are you okay?” Jackson asked as he noticed that she was still shaking.

“Yh. I just. That was… quite scary.” Youngji said as she wrapped her arms around herself. Jackson quickly wrapped his arms around her to stop her shaking.

“I’m sorry,” Jackson said as he rested his head on her shoulders.

“It’s not your fault that a sasaeng came. They are so irritating,” Youngji said as she moved her arms to hug him.

“No not just for that. For before as well. I was angry. You got hurt because of me. And JB hyung was… Never mind,” Jackson said.

“I’m glad you two are cool with each other.” JB said as he shut the door behind him and walked into the living room. Jackson and Youngji slowly let go off each other.

“Hyung. We need to move. Again.” Jackson said as he looked towards JB. “Sasaeng.”

JB sighed as he placed a brown envelope on the table next to him. “And here I thought we have bigger problems right now.”

“What’s-” Jackson asked as he looked at the envelope JB placed on the table.

“Your mistake. That’s what.” JB said as he rubbed his face.

“My mistake?” Jackson was confused at what JB meant.

JB took out the pieces of documents in the envelope and chucked it onto the ground in front of him so that it was visible to him. “WHAT WERE YOU THINKING JACKSON?!” JB shouted.

Youngji stepped closer to Jackson to get a better view of the documents in front of him. They were pictures of Jackson and Jiyeon. On the rooftop. In lunch. In the classrooms. Everywhere. Hugging. Kissing on the cheek. Jackson pinching Jiyeon’s cheeks. Everything. Youngji looked at Jackson surprised.

“Crap.” That was all that Jackson could say. He knew he made a mistake, but he wasn’t careful this time. He let this happen.

“That’s why Jinyoung hyung called me. He wanted me to tell you this. One, you are suspended from school and are not to go back there until he thinks of something. Two, don’t go out of the house.” JB said.

“I can’t go out of the house? Why?” Jackson asked.

“Once media gets these pictures, they’re going to be searching for you. So you must not leave the house at any time unless Jinyoung hyung tells you to.” JB said harshly.

“What. Ok.” Jackson said as he tugged his hair. Jackson walked around the room and sprawled on the couch.

Youngji looked up and noticed that JB was looking at her. He looked angry like as if she had done something wrong. She was about to say something but he quickly turned around.

“It’s time for you to leave,” JB said coldly as he clenched his fist.

“Yh. I know.” Youngji solemnly said as she walked past him. She turned around and looked him in his eyes. “Goodbye. JB. Jackson.” Youngji said as she put on her shoes and left the house. ‘JB…I’m sorry.’ Youngji thought.

“What were you doing?” JB asked Jackson emotionlessly.

“What do you mean hyung?” Jackson said confused with JB’s question. He got up and noticed that JB looked angry. “Hyung… Look-”

“I DON’T CARE! CHOOSE ONE! YOU CAN’T HAVE BOTH!” JB snapped. Jackson stepped back shocked as JB never raised his voice before. JB shut his eyes slowly and breathed in and out. “Sorry. Just ignore me. Bad day.” JB said as he walked towards his room.

“Hyung… I’m sorry.” Jackson said, feeling sorry for JB.