Chapter 5 - Dinner with a little bit of fun

Beauty in the Unexpected

The doorbell was ringing which could be heard throughout the whole house.

"Youngji get the door!" Youngji's mum screamed from outside the kitchen. Youngji came rushing downstairs. She cleaned up her hair and clothes and opened the door. JB was standing there with a bright smile on his face. Jaehee walked towards Youngji to see who had come.

"Omma meet JB" Youngji said as she watched JB walk in with a box of chocolates.

"Hello it's nice to meet you," JB said as he bowed.

"Aren't you part of that group? What's it called? Polaris that's it!!!" Jaehee said awestruck at how handsome he is.

Youngji was about to shut the door when Jackson walked in.

"I also brought a friend." JB said as he looked at Youngji to see her reaction. He knew that she would be angry with him, but her emotions right now were unreadable. Youngji clenched her fist but she knew that those two were literally inseparable.

"Hello please take this as a gift for allowing me to visit." Jackson handed Youngji’s mum a small gift.

Youngji closed the door and dragged the two to her room. She quickly shut the door.

"What is he doing here?" Youngji asked JB with her arms folded.

"I thought it would be fun to bring him along. He was lonely." JB said.

"I'm surprised you didn't bring Jiyeon along." Youngji said frustrated by Jackson's presence.

"I... I'm sorry. Let me explain. Youngji." Jackson said as he looked down. "I-" The doorbell rang causing Youngji to quickly leave her room to get the door cutting of Jackson. She opened the door to see a tall female with a black cap on.

"YOUNGJI!!! Did you miss me?" Hara said. Hara was Youngji's older sister who was in Japan for a drama that she was casted in. Hara was an actress who was known for being bilingual and her ability to act.

"UNNIEE!!! I missed you so much!!" Youngji said as she hugged her sister. They hadn't seen each other for 4 months as Hara was busy filming for her drama.

"Oh my god what are they doing in our house?" Hara asked surprised to see Polaris were here in her house.

Youngji looked behind her to see Jackson and JB standing on the stairs. "Long story..." Youngji said, too lazy to explain the whole story.

"You better tell me then, quickly. Or you'll be in trouble." Hara threatened her sister.

Youngji instantly felt a chill down her spine, "Well basically they're my friends at school. I invited them over to watch a movie."

"Wow my little Youngji is friends with great people. It's nice to meet you. I'm Heo Hara and I'm Youngji's older sister." Hara said cheerfully. At this point, JB and Jackson had walked down the stairs and were standing next to Youngji. They were both shocked at Hara's scariness but were astonished at how quickly she was able to be cheerful again.

"It's nice to meet you. My name is JB and this is Jackson." JB politely introduced Jackson and himself.

"Ah you are both very handsome. And I thought it was just all that makeup and editing." Hara was amazed at how handsome they both looked without makeup.

"Thank you. Our manager made sure that we took care of our skin all the time." JB replied.

"Ah unnie the DVD player doesn't seem to work. Do you know how to fix it?" Youngji questioned remembering that the DVD player wasn't working.

"Just look on the Internet. It's not that hard." Hara said irritated that she has to do everything for her sister.

"Please unnie." She placed her hands together in front of her as if she was begging and pulled a sad face.

"Why are you watching films anyway? Boys don't do films. Hmm let's have more fun. Ohh how about a game." Hara said with an evil look on her face.

"Aren't we too young for games?" Youngji questioned.

"Idiot. Hmm...Let's play... Truth or dare. And there will be consequences." Hara said with an evil smile.

"Oh no. This is not going to be good."  Youngji noticed her evil look.

"Hmm let's play. This is going to be interesting." JB said whilst cracking his knuckles.

"Truth and dare just determines whether you're a girl or a man. If you pick truth, you're a girl and if you pick dare, then you're manly." Jackson said already yawning before the game started.

"Jackson stop complaining. That's not how it works." JB responded.

"Right let's go up." Hara said as she pointed towards the ceiling.

All four of them walked up to Youngji's room and sat down on the floor. Hara closed the door and scanned the whole room.

"Unnie what are you looking for?" Youngji asked as she noticed her sister was searching for something. "Ah here it is" Hara said as she picked up a glass bottle that she found on Youngji's table. "Right let's begin." She said as she spun the bottle around. The bottle landed on Youngji. "It seems your first. Truth or dare."

"Truth" Youngji said as she gulped hard.

"Let's start of easy. Would you abandon your friends for 1 million dollars and why?"

"No. Because my friends mean more to me than anything in this world and money doesn't buy you happiness nor friends." Youngji said with confidence as she looked at both JB and Jackson.

"Awh my little sister has learnt well. Right let's see who's next." Hara spun the bottle. It stopped and was pointing at JB. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare. I like a dare." JB laughed.

"Let one of us draw a face around your belly button." Hara said.

"Ah damn but I'm an idol," JB pleaded.

"Too bad you wanted a dare. Youngji or Jackson. Do him a favour." Hara handed the both of them pens. JB lay flat on the floor as Jackson started to draw a face. Youngji was adding features to the face.

"Ow that hurts. Don't press too hard." JB said whilst holding his shirt up to make sure they don't get any pen marks on his shirt.

"We finished our masterpiece." Youngji smiled as she high-fived Jackson. Jackson looked at Youngji as he realised that this was the first time Youngji has honestly smiled at him.

"Right next. Ah it's Youngji again." Hara said.

"Umm I'm not a fan of dares. But let's go with a dare." Youngji pondered what her dare would be.

"Jackson or JB. Give her a dare." Hara said.

"Sing a song" JB said.

"Ah. But I can't sing... Should've just gone with truth. Ah I have a song."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD8vjdZjS_k

"Ahahahaha you can actually sing. And you actually look pretty when you dance, even though we didn't ask you too." Jackson said.

"Hey that's rude. And I'm always pretty," Youngji stuck out her lower lip to pull a sad face. Jackson pinched her cheeks.

"So cute." Jackson said as he smiled at her. 'I'm glad we're back to normal' Jackson thought as he realised that Youngji didn't hate him anymore.

Hara spun the bottle again. "Jackson. Finally, it's you. Truth or dare?"

"Well since I'm manly. I'll go with dare," Jackson said proudly.

Hara smiled evilly, "kiss someone on the cheek passionately," Hara said.

Jackson's eyes widened and looked towards Youngji. She had her head down and began to fiddle with her fingers. Her cheeks were warming up as she realised that he was looking at her. Jackson closed his eyes and kissed her cheek. She quickly looked up and looked at Jackson. Her heart was beating faster. Jackson smiled at her with such a loving smile.

JB looked at Jackson wondering what he was up to. 'Is he-' he thought but was cut off as Hara was saying something.

"Oooh is it just me or is it getting hot in here? Jokes. Anyway, let's see who's next." Hara said as she fanned herself. "Oh it's me. How unfortunate. Let's go with truth. Right, one of you give me a question."

"Unnie I've got one!!! What are you afraid to lose the most?" Youngji asked with a serious face.

"Um. Probably. The people that I love. I'm afraid to lose them. I'm afraid that I will lose them because I hurt them." Hara said as she looked towards Youngji and gave her a caring smile like that of a mother. Jackson looked at Youngji realising that he was the same, but is starting to lose Youngji because of his faults.

"Sorry that got deep all of a sudden. Youngji you're up next. Truth or dare?" Hara said as she rubbed her forehead.

"Truth."

"If you had a time machine and could go back to your past, what would you change and why?" Hara asked.

"I wouldn't change anything. For those experiences made me who I am today. And I wouldn't trade it for the world." Youngji said confidently.

"You've grown well. Right let's see who's next. Jackson. Ooh it's your lucky day. Truth or dare?"

"Let's go with truth this time." Jackson said bravely.

"What do you regret the most and why" Hara asked.

"Umm...Kissing a girl as she threatened me with the person that I... Care about..." Jackson said as he looked towards Youngji. Youngji's eyes widened as she realised that he was talking about lunch earlier when he kissed Jiyeon. 'So that's why.' Youngji thought.

"Kids I know you’re having fun but dinner is getting cold." Jaehee said as she stood outside the door to the room.

"Ah we're going to have to stop here. Let's go. I smell something nice." Hara said as she flung the door open and ran downstairs. The other three followed. Hara sat with her mum on one side and Youngji sat next to Jackson and JB on the other side of the table.

"Thank you for the food" Jackson and JB said in unison. JB looked at the noodles in front of him. It looked very delicious.

"Ah you use a fork? Why don't you use chopsticks?" JB questioned as he noticed Youngji was eating her food with a fork.

"I don't know how to use chopsticks." Youngji said nervously, worried that he would mock her.

"You're the same as Jiyeon-ah?" Jackson questioned.

"Ah... No Jiyeon knows how to use chopsticks. I don't." Youngji said.

Jackson was surprised to hear this and felt stupid for falling for such a stupid trick at lunch earlier.

"I... I'm sorry." Jackson said apologetically.

"You don't need to apologise. It's not like it's my problem." Youngji said as she sighed. "Anyway let's enjoy the food." She smiled at Jackson half-heartedly as she was still annoyed about his behaviour earlier in lunch.

Jackson was chewing on his steak when he noticed that Youngji was having difficulties to cut hers. "Here let me help you." He placed his hand over hers and held it firmly. He carefully cut the steak into smaller pieces.

"Ahh... Umm... Uh... Th... Thanks." Youngji stuttered as she felt her face turn bright red.

"First she can't use chopsticks and now she can't even cut her food properly. What can you do..?" Jackson tutted.

"Eh I can cut my food just fine. It's just the steak was a bit difficult." She quietly muttered.

"Hey guys I brought these from Japan so hurry up and eat and we can have some of these." Hara said as she took out a little box of sweets from her pocket.

"Jelly beans...?" Youngji asked.

"These are... Special ones" Hara smiled evilly.

"Whaaa- unnie what have you done to them?" Youngji said as she worried that her sister might have poisoned them.

"Nothing. I'll show you later." Hara smiled.

Youngji looked into Hara's eyes trying to read her thoughts. She knew her sister was up to something. 

"I might leave after this." Jackson said.

"Wait why? Do you need to go home?" Youngji asked feeling slightly saddened that Jackson wants to urgently leave.

"No I'm just slightly worried that Hara noona might try something dangerous on us." Jackson said.

"Ahahahaha don't worry you won't die. Hopefully." Hara laughed. "Right I'll be in Youngji's room. So take your time." Hara said as she got up and left.

"Hey Youngji. Is your sister a murderer by any chance? Should I call the ambulance just in case? Ah Jinyoung hyung might kill me later..." Jackson said slightly worried about Hara's intentions.

"Yh I've always felt Hara wasn't as saintly as she says she is." Youngji said. “Come on let’s go and see what unnie has planned for us.” Youngji left the table followed by JB and Jackson.

“Oh you guys didn’t take too long. Right everyone take a seat. Basically, these lovely sweets… I would love to share them with you. Ah we should continue with our truth or dare. Except. It will just be dares from now on.” Hara said.

“Only dares..? How does that work?” Youngji questioned wondering what Hara was up to.

“These sweets. There are nice ones and rubbish ones. If you get the rubbish one then you will get a dare.” Hara said.

“Nice ones and rubbish ones…? How will you know which one you get?” Youngji asked not fully understanding the game.

“Oh don’t worry. It will all become clear. Now Youngji pick one.” Hara said as she passed the box of sweets.

Youngji picked out a brown sweet and placed it into . “AH UNNIE WHAT IS THIS!!! IT TASTES DISGUSTING!!!” Youngji screamed as she spat out the sweet onto her hand.

“Well now you know the difference. Right a dare anyone?” Hara said.

“I know. Put lipstick on one of us without using your hands.” Jackson said as he laughed.

“Okay I will.” Youngji took a bright red lipstick from her table and placed into . She sat in front of Jackson and went closer to him.

“AH YOU CAN’T DO IT TO ME!!!” Jackson said as he jerked back.

“Ahahahaha you never said she can’t.” JB said as he laughed at Jackson.

Youngji began putting lipstick on Jackson. Jackson shut his lips tightly causing Youngji to draw all around his mouth.

“Ahahaha finished. You look beautiful.” Youngji laughed.

“Right. JB you pick next.” Hara said.

JB selected a light blue one and took a small bite from it. He was slightly worried that it would taste as bad as Youngji’s one. “EWW WHAT IS THIS! It tastes…eurgh. I need water. I think I’m going to be sick.”

“AHAHAHA HYUNG!!!” Jackson laughed out loud.

“Oooh I have a dare. Let us put ice down your back and you have to keep it there for the rest of the game.” Youngji said.

“But. My shirt.” JB said.

Youngji quickly ran downstairs and took a bucket of ice from the freezer. She ran upstairs and looked at JB’s astonished face.

“WHA- THAT’S SO MUCH!!!” JB shrieked in fear.

Youngji chucked all the ice down his shirt causing him to scream. “AGGHHHH SO COLD!!!” JB screamed as he started to shiver.

“Heehee you’re welcome.” Youngji said.

“Hyung. I think you’ve wet yourself.” Jackson said as he pointed at JB’s wet patch.

“Shut up Jackson.” JB said annoyed at his remark.

“Right Jackson, you’re next.” Hara said.

Jackson placed his fingers in the box as he picked a pale green sweet. “Oh please God let this be a good one.” He bit into the sweet, tasting the lime flavour throughout his mouth. “Mmh Lime. Not bad.” Jackson said cheerful that he didn’t get a bad one.

“What- So Lucky.” Youngji said shocked that he gets a good one.

“It’s because I am awesome and I don’t deserve having a bad one.” Jackson said proudly.

“Right my go.” Hara said. She picked out a pale green one which was similar to Jackson.

“Ah what she gets a good one.” Youngji said as she crossed her arms.

“Eurgh it tastes of... it tastes like bogeys. Ew that’s disgusting.” Hara said as she spat out her sweet.

“Ahahahaha Unnie got a bad one as well. Oooh and my dare for you… Call your crush and tell them that you love them.” Youngji said.

Hara picked up her phone and started ringing. Suddenly, Youngji’s phone started to ring.

“Hello?” Youngji answered.

“I love you.” Hara said.

“EHH UNNIE YOU CAN’T DO THAT THAT’S CHEATING!!!” Youngji said.

“Well you never said I couldn’t.” Hara laughed.

“Ah guys. Sorry. I think manager-nim wants us to go home now. I think Jinyoung hyung is getting angry with us hanging out at a girl’s house this late.” JB said as he looked towards his phone at the message sent from his manager. JB got up followed by Jackson and bowed. “Thank you for taking care of us.” JB said.

“Ah you’re leaving now. Okay. Well. Thank you for coming over.” Youngji said surprised that they’re leaving so soon. She got up and allowed the two to leave the room. They walked downstairs and opened the door.

“Thank you for the food. And take care.” JB said as he turned around leaving to the car.

“I. I’m very grateful that you’ve invited us over. Though I wasn’t really invited. So sorry for intruding.” Jackson said.

“Don’t worry. It was fun having you around.” Youngji smiled at him.

“Um. I… I... Never mind.” Jackson said nervously.  ‘Youngji… I’m sorry about before in lunch… Forgive me.’ Jackson thought. Jackson looked towards Youngji and quickly left.

Youngji shut the door after seeing JB and Jackson off. ‘That was odd’ she thought. Her heart was beating faster. ‘Am I starting to…? No it can’t be.’