Chapter 7 - Take care and I'm Sorry

Beauty in the Unexpected

Jackson stared at the clock and then looked towards the desk. It was still empty and its 9:30am. “Ah where is she. That girl didn’t even come round to our house yesterday.” Jackson remembered her message saying that she was unable to make it due to a stomach ache apparently. “Aish that girl… it’s not like her to miss school.”

“Jackson. I have a bad feeling about Youngji,” JB said.

“Eh why hyung?” Jackson asked.

“I don’t know. Something is wrong. I can feel it.” JB said feeling slightly worried.

Jackson knew that JB’s intuitions are usually correct and are something to worry about. He was worried that something has happened to her and she was not telling them.

“Um. Jackson. I need to tell you something.” A girl said as she approached Jackson. “I’m Seungyeon. And um well…Youngji…” she said as she started trembling.

“What. What happened to Youngji?” Jackson said as he instantly got up and slammed the desk.

“She… um… got beaten up yesterday after you left. She was on the roof and Jiyeon’s gang started to hit her. And I don’t know what to do. I think Youngji is still hurt from yesterday. And I’m worried that-” Seungyeon said as she started to cry but was cut off by Jackson.

“WHAT SERIOUSLY?!?! That girl. I’m going over to her house. JB, you coming?” Jackson said as he grabbed his coat from the back of the chair.

“You go. I don’t need to go. And I want to speak to a few people. Take care of her.” JB said. He wanted to visit Youngji but it wasn’t necessary for the two of them to go. He knew that it would attract attention and would just make things worse. He looked over to the group of girls chatting cheerfully with Jiyeon in the middle of it and clenched his fist.

“Right hyung. See you later.” Jackson said as he ran outside.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Agh my stomach still hurts from yesterday. At least my head feels better now.” Youngji said to herself as she got out from bed. “I can’t even go to school anymore. I’m too scared.” She remembered what happened yesterday which caused her to shiver.

Youngji went downstairs and grabbed herself a piece of bread and spread butter on it. She noticed her right leg was still hurting from yesterday and walking on it was not helping. She looked at the mirror and noticed that her skin around her eye was slightly dark.  “Aish they’re so violent.” She placed her hand over her eye as she retraced her memory from yesterday. ‘Make sure she learns her mistake. Don’t go anywhere near our boys again,’ she remembered what Jiyeon told her.

Suddenly the doorbell was ringing. ‘Who could it be at this time? Did unnie forget something?’ Youngji questioned. Youngji limped towards the door and opened it.

“Jackson?!? What are you doing here?” Youngji asked shocked at his presence.

“Youngji. WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR EYE?” Jackson shouted as he noticed her black eye.

Youngji quickly covered her eye. Jackson walked in and shut the door behind him. He stood in front of her as he observed her from head to toe noticing her bruises. ‘That idiot,’ he thought as he scrunched his fist in anger.  

“Come on let’s get you back into bed now.” Jackson said as he took her wrist and took her upstairs to her room. Youngji sat on her bed and covered herself with the blanket.

“I’m fine Jackson. Go back to school.” Youngji said displeased that Jackson was missing school because of her.

“Nope you’re not. You lied to me. So now you have to explain the whole story.” Jackson said as he grabbed a chair and sat by her bed.

“I can’t,” Youngji said as she breathed out heavily and shook her head.

“TELL ME!” Jackson shouted. His hands were clenched in a fist as he banged the bed.

Youngji was surprised at his anger. She didn’t know why he was so angry. “No. I can’t. I don’t want to…” Youngji said as she looked towards her hand.

“Youngji. Please. Let me protect you.” Jackson said as he got up and held onto her shoulders to comfort her.

Youngji looked towards Jackson, shocked at his gentleness and those very words. She let out a deep breath, “Well. Jiyeon’s friends were hitting me because they found out that I was hanging around with you guys so much and that you came over to my house. And that’s pretty much it. Though it was probably my fault. My weakness caused me to be in that position,” Youngji said.

“Those girls are so irritating. This is not acceptable. They will not get away with us. They should be expelled for this. They think bullying is acceptable. What a joke! If they loved me so much then they should let me be with the people I want to be with and not attack that person. Some fans are so delusional. I will not forgive them for hurting you.” Jackson said frustrated that those girls would do something like that.

“Jackson. It doesn’t matter. Don’t hate them. They don’t deserve it.” Youngji said as she tried to reassure him.

“I don’t forgive people who hurt the people that I love.” Jackson said sternly.

Youngji was shocked at how protective Jackson was. This side to him was something different. Youngji burst out laughing.

“Eh what are you laughing at?” Jackson asked confused at her sudden mood change.

“Sorry. It’s just you’re weird.” Youngji laughed.

“Me weird? I’m trying to protect you and you’re laughing at me? Pfft this is what I get for being nice.” Jackson said as he crossed his arms and looked towards the side.

“Thank you,” Youngji said as her cheeks became red with embarrassment. “It’s nice to know that there are people who care about you.”

“I think you’re being the weird one.” Jackson said as he raised his eyebrows and placed his hand on his chin.

“Me weird. You’re the one who randomly came to my house without my permission. That makes you a stalker. So you’re a stalker and a player. Wow. What else do I not know about you, Wang Jackson?” Youngji smirked.

“Don’t call me a stalker. How am I a stalker? I came here because I was concerned about you. Seems I had nothing to worry about. And neither am I a player. I stopped being a player.” Jackson proudly said.

“Concerned? That’s new coming from you. And once a player, always a player.” Youngji laughed.

“Please. I’m not a player. It’s not my fault that girls love me so much,” Jackson said pompously.

“Yh I’m surprised girls would like you when you’re that height.” Youngji grinned.

“What I’m not short!!!” Jackson said angrily.

“I never said you were short.” Youngji said as she started to giggle.

“Don’t go back on your words.” Jackson said frustrated.

“I never even thought you were short…Hahaha don’t be upset” Youngji said.

“It’s not that I’m upset. I’m just acknowledging the truth.” Jackson said as he huffed.

“Ah really. Okay I’m sorry.” Youngji said as she elongated her arm to give a hand shake.

Jackson just looked towards the side and crossed his arms.

“Ah he’s seriously… he’s seriously upset” Youngji said as she laughed at his childishness. Youngji turned towards Jackson on the bed.

“Right okay I acknowledge that I’m short. That’s enough.” Jackson said.

Youngji stretched out her hand for forgiveness. “Hahaha I’m sorry.”

“That’s enough. It doesn’t matter.” Jackson said as he slapped her hand away from him.   

“Hmph I don’t need you. GET OUT!!!” Youngji screamed as she started to get annoyed.

“Why are you annoyed with me now?” Jackson said as he looked towards Youngji worried that she was never going to forgive him.

“Hmph I’m not talking to you.” Youngji said as she turned around on her bed and crossed her arm.

“Eh Youngji?” Jackson said hoping that she would respond to him but he couldn’t see her face to know what she was feeling. With no reply, Jackson got up and pushed the chair back.

‘Eh is he actually leaving? I thought he would say sorry. Hmm I want to turn around… but I don’t know if he’s left. Maybe, just a peek.’ Youngji thought. She was not angry with him but she wanted to get her way. Suddenly, she felt a pair of warm arms wrap around her. Jackson rested his head on her shoulder.

“I’m sorry Youngji. Don’t be angry with me. Please.” Jackson said and sounded as if he was almost about to cry.

Youngji’s heart was beating faster. She was certain that he could hear it. She wanted to turn around and hug him back but she didn’t want to lose the friendship she has with him. ‘I have to make a choice. I can’t lose him. And I don’t want him to get hurt,’ Youngji thought.
“AHAHAHA YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVED THAT I WAS UPSET!!! Ah it’s so fun to trick you. You looked like you were about to cry.” Youngji half-heartedly laughed. ‘I can’t…. I just can’t…’ Youngji clenched her fist as she was almost in tears.

“EH?!?!?! I thought you were upset with me. Ah I knew it. And here I thought… Typical. Wang Jackson tries to protect someone, but that SOMEONE is just playing with his feelings.” Jackson said as he strutted towards the door.

“Wait where you going?” Youngji asked.

“Home. It’s seems you’re fine and I don’t need to be here. I’ll just leave now.” Jackson said as he shut the door with a bang.

“Youngji?” Jackson said through the door. His back was against the door waiting for her to reply.  

“Yes?” Youngji said. She got up and placed her hand on the door whilst resting her head on the door.

“Take care. And I’m sorry.” Jackson said. He walked downstairs and left the house. ‘I can’t let her get her hurt again. It’s not fair. Hyung, what do I do?’ Jackson thought. He clutched his shirt to the right of his chest.

“Wait. Jackson.” Youngji said. A tear fell from her eye and quickly opened the door to her bedroom. But he wasn’t there. “He’s gone.” Youngji fell to the ground. “Jackson. I wanted to tell you…Ah what’s the point now. He and I… That’s the end of it.”

‘Take care. And I’m sorry.’