Chapter 4 - Lunch

Beauty in the Unexpected

Youngji closed her eyes and slowly breathed in and out. She tried to shut out all the noise but it wasn't working. The screams were too loud. She clenched her fist and slowly released it. 

"SHUT UP EVERYONE!!!" She shouted whilst slamming the table with her hand. 

"Hey you moron. Can you not see that the beautiful POLARIS have chosen to eat with us?" A girl said.

"It's not like they're Gods or something. Calm down." Youngji said. Her anger was getting worse. She was tempted to go eat lunch in a classroom, but that's not allowed. 

The girls were surrounding POLARIS and were pushing each other so that they could get a glimpse of them. Couple of girls were pulling each other's hair whilst others were trying to touch them. 

"I didn't know you girls wanted to join me for lunch so badly!" The principal said whilst clicking his knuckles. 

The girls all stood their quietly with their heads down. 

"If I hear anyone scream or take pictures or whatever, I will suspend you. Do I make myself clear?" The principal said as he was starting to get irritated. 

The girls nodded and quickly left. 

"We really need to think about our decisions more carefully..." JB said itching his head whilst sighing. 

"I'm sorry. I'll make a special rule for you and allow you both to eat outside." The principal said.

"No no it's fine. We'll be fine but thank you." JB said. 

The principal left but there was still silence in the room. All the tables were taken and all the girls were looking at their idols pleading them to come sit next to them. JB scanned the whole room hoping there would be a free table but he was wrong. 

"Maybe we should eat on the floor" JB said whilst observing the floor hoping that it was clean.

"Well... Hyung we could... Um... Go sit with Youngji...” Jackson hesitated as he started to bite his nails. 

"Yh she's on her own. Let's go." JB said with a smile on his face.

JB approached Youngji who was munching on her sandwich quietly. 

"May we join you for lunch?" JB said in a cheerful tone. 

"Yh sure. I'm going to leave soon." She said in a tedious tone. She stood up to leave but Jackson quickly grabbed on to her wrist. 

"Wait. We need to talk." Jackson said.

"No we don't. I don't like you. That's all. Now stop hanging around me." Youngji said angrily whilst trying to remove her wrist from his grasp but he was too strong. 

Jackson whispered something in her ear. Her eyes widened in shock. Her heart was beating faster and the next thing she knew, she was sitting next to Jackson at the table. She could not forget what Jackson said. She observed him whilst he was talking to JB. He noticed that she was staring so he looked towards her and smiled.  

"Are you guys okay? You both seem to be... Different..." JB questioned. One of his eyebrows was raised as he scrunched his eyes and stared at the two. 

"JACKSONNIEEE!! May I join you for lunch?" Jiyeon questioned. Youngji noticed her skirt was rolled up showing more skin and had not done up her top two buttons of her shirt. 

"Tsk. I wonder who she's trying to impress." Youngji muttered under her breath. 

Jackson nodded and Jiyeon came and sat in between Jackson and Youngji. 

"Move weasel." Jiyeon said quietly as she pushed Youngji aside. Youngji almost fell off the bench so she got up and sat next to JB. 

"Oppa can you feed me my lunch. I can't really use chopsticks that well and I don't want to use my hands." Jiyeon lied knowing that it's usually Youngji who can't use chopsticks and would usually make fun of her. 

Jackson stared at JB who closed his eyes and nodded but was irritated at this girl's behaviour. Jackson began to feed Jiyeon and she was smiling like a little baby when it's fed. Jackson pinched her cheeks causing her to blush. 

"Oppa don't do that. Someone might get the wrong impression. Unless you like me." Jiyeon said hoping that Jackson would like him and was wrapping her arms around Jackson's arm. Jackson removed her arms as he noticed Youngji was glaring at him and her forehead was creased. Jackson shook his head at Youngji causing her to relax a bit. Jiyeon noticed this and was angry as she felt that Jackson likes Youngji. She quickly kissed Jackson on his cheek causing everyone to gasp. The whole room was quiet. Jackson stared at her whilst holding his cheek. 

"You better kiss me back otherwise I will make things difficult for Youngji. I can get people to hate her with a click from my fingers just by spreading one rumour. Well it's not a rumour if it's true. You like Youngji. And she can get hurt if everyone knows the truth." Jiyeon whispered in his ear. 

Jackson clenched his fist but knew she was right. Jackson quickly kissed her on her cheek whilst side-eying at Youngji to see her reaction. Youngji was frustrated and quickly left. Jackson got up and was about to chase her but Jiyeon grabbed his arm preventing him from leaving. JB got up and looked at Jackson questioning what he was up to. Jackson looked at him with his eyes pleading as if to say he didn't mean to hurt her and that he was sorry. JB quickly left to go chase Youngji. JB looked in every classroom but there was no sight of Youngji. He quickly went up to the roof to check if she was there as he knew that she likes to go there in her spare time. And he was right. She was sitting there with her head resting on her knees. JB slowly walked in and sat next to her. He knew that she was crying. He wrapped his arm around her and rested his head on her shoulder. Youngji looked up and noticed it was JB. He smiled at her as he noticed her eyes were swollen and a tear rolled down her cheek. He wiped her tears and slowly wrapped his arm around her pulling her into a hug. He placed one of his hands on her hair and the other on her back. Youngji wrapped her arms around his waist as she rested her head on his shoulder. 

"I'm sorry. For what Jackson did. And I think he is as sorry as I am." JB said regretfully.

"He's a liar. And a player. I hate him. And I don't think he's sorry. He did that to mock me." Youngji said as she was almost at the point of screaming her heart out. She didn't realise that Jackson was standing there the whole time watching them. He clenched his fist watching the two get closer. 

"He said he loved me. He said he regretted being player and that he likes me so he doesn't know how to behave. And I actually believed him. I thought I could like him. But I was wrong. Again." Youngji said as a tear escaped her eyes and fell on JB's shirt. Jackson's eyes widened and he opened his mouth as if to say something but quickly shut it. 

'I like you Youngji. I just don't know what to do when I like someone to this extent. So please sit with us and forgive me' he remembered what he said to Youngji. 

"Youngji. Don't hate Jackson. He's not a bad person." JB said trying to reassure her. 

"No. I hate him. I don't ever want to see his face." Youngji let go off JB and quickly stood up as she wiped her eyes. 

"Let's go JB. At least I have you." Youngji smiled as she stretched out her hand. JB took hold of her hand as they left the roof back to the classroom. Jackson hid behind the door so that he wouldn't be seen. 

‘Why would you cry because of the same reason that hurt you over and over again? I just don’t understand people' Jackson thought to himself. 

 

--- 

 

Everyone was unexpectedly quiet in the classroom. Jackson and Youngji sat in silence. Youngji rested her head on her arms whilst Jackson was staring at her. JB got up and went closer to Youngji. 

"Hey Youngji. You awake?" JB asked as he softly tapped her. 

"OPPA!! Yes!!!" She said as if she was drunk whilst making a thumbs up in front of his face.  

"Are you okay? You sound as if you're drunk or something." JB said gleefully as he admired her innocence.

"Ahahahaha I did that on purpose. Do you want to go watch a movie later today or tomorrow maybe?" Youngji asked hoping that JB would say yes.

"I would love to but I can't go out with a girl. My fans would probably kill you." JB knew the risks of hanging out with certain people and was careful unlike Jackson.

"Ah yes I forgot you were famous... Then why don't you come to my house!! We can watch movies there!!!" Youngji said excitedly.

"Yes let's do that. I'll bring-" 

"Yay let’s just have fun with the two of us!!!" She said as she cut off JB knowing that he would've wanted to bring Jackson along. 

Jackson noticed how cheerful she was with JB. This irritated him. He got up and quickly left but they both didn't even notice he left. He looked at Youngji through the window. She was smiling brighter than she normally does when she's around him. 'Does she possibly like JB? Well I know for a fact she doesn't like me.' He thought. 

"Ah where did Jackson go?" JB questioned whilst quickly scanning the whole room. 

"Beats me. Who cares about him anyway?" Youngji said.

"Yh..." JB said whilst shaking the negative thoughts in his head away. 

"Do you like Jackson?" JB asked, already knowing the answer to it.

"No, I told you I hate him." Youngji said as she started to get annoyed just at the mention of his name. 

"Before?" JB knew that Youngji didn’t always hate Jackson.

"I... I hated that he was a player... But when he was himself... He... I liked him." Youngji said truthfully knowing that JB already knows how she feels about Jackson.

"Yh Jackson has that effect on people. When he is himself, he is likeable. But when he's a player, he can hurt the people he cared about the most." JB said remembering those times when he would hurt his friends just by being a player and showing no remorse.

"Well. He has Jiyeon and I won't like him as long as he's a player." Youngji remembered when Jackson kissed Jiyeon. She didn’t think he would do that in front of everyone.

"Oh well, enough about Jackson. So how about that movie." JB smiled causing Youngji to blush. His smile was truly beautiful and sincere. 

"Come to my house at 6pm. I'll text you the address and you can stay for lunch. I don't even have your number...." Youngji remembering that she has no way of contacting him.

"Ahahaha here. My business card." JB handed her a small blue piece of card.

"Wow you have a business card!!!" Youngji looked at the business card and how posh it looked. 

At this point, Jackson had returned to the classroom and had sat back in his seat whilst placing his head on his arms.

“Ah where did you go Jackson,” JB noticing that Jackson had returned and seems to be a little down.

“Nowhere.” Jackson responded as he looked at Youngji. Youngji glared at him before looking away.

‘Yh let’s stop being a player.’ Jackson thought to himself.