Chapter 3 - Regrets

Beauty in the Unexpected

"Oh my god I didn't know they look this handsome in real life." 

"Yh they look like untouchable gods right now."

"Ahh I really want to touch them. Especially those biceps." 

Girls were whispering to each other whilst making small glances at the two idols. Jackson smiled at a girl, who was named Jiyeon, and winked causing the girl to blush.

"Oh my god he just winked at me. He's so cute. She's so lucky that she gets to sit next to Jackson. I want to sit next to him" Jiyeon giggled and watched Jackson. 

"Me lucky? I have to sit with this despicable idiot," Youngji muttered to herself. She hated how there were two per desk and how close they had to sit. She was happily sitting on her own before Jackson turned up and ruined her freedom. She wouldn't mind switching places with Bambam who was sitting next to JB. At least JB was easier to handle than Jackson.

"Why don't you like me? Like I'm famous and rich. Practically a girl's dream boyfriend," Jackson bragged.

"Well first you're a player. And secondly, you're unattractive. You have no charms. I don't care if you're from POLARICE or whatever because I'm not your fan. So go back to the North Pole. Santa's missing his reindeer." She said bitterly.

"I didn't know you still believe in Santa. But you're cute. And I think we should... You know get together... Be a good girl... Santa likes good children," Jackson said as he put on his smouldering eyes and placed his arm around her shoulder. 

"Is that one of your pickup lines that you use on others? Because those don't work on me." Youngji said whilst trying to remove Jackson's arm on her. She hated how stubborn he was, but he should know that she is not like other girls who would easily fall for those pickup lines.  

"Right how about this. When I look into your eyes, it is like a gateway into the world of which I want to be a part. " Jackson said in a monotonous voice.

"I didn't know you wanted to go to hell so badly. Here let me help you. I'll push you down right into the gates of hell." Youngji said as she was starting to get irritated by Jackson’s non-stop idiocy.

"I rarely have to use that one…They always seem to fall for me before I would have to use that. Wow. I knew pickup lines don't work on you. You're too unique. Pickup lines only work on pretty people," Jackson said in a mocking way.

"Oh so are you saying that I'm not pretty?" Youngji questioned angrily almost at the point of throwing a tantrum. 

"No that’s why you are pretty," Jackson laughed at her remark. 

"That's enough. Forget it. This is why I hate you. Calling me ugly... Tsk,” she sighed feeling tired from all the fighting with Jackson. "I'm going to get some fresh air. DON'T follow me. Idiot."

"It's like she's asking me to follow her. I think she's starting to like me." Jackson waited until she left the room and got up to do the same. He followed her to the roof and watched her stand near the edge staring at the view before them. He watched how her beautiful red hair danced in the wind and her closing her eyes like as if she is in ecstasy. He stretched out his arm wanting to touch her beautiful long hair but quickly retracted. For he knew, that he can't have her. He clenched his fist and placed it by his side.

"Didn't I tell you to not follow me," Youngji said in a harsh tone. 

"I... I um... Wanted to get some fresh air," Jackson stuttered.

'What is wrong with me? Am I getting nervous because of a girl? It can't be. I’ve been with many girls. They’re all the same. Jackson Wang doesn’t get nervous because of a girl. Girls get nervous because of me.' He thought. He slapped himself mentally to wake himself up. 

“Ah it’s getting a bit windy,” Youngji said as she was starting to feel the cold air on her skin. Her hairs were standing up and there were goose bumps showing on her arm. She wished that she had brought a jumper.

"Here. Take this." Jackson took of his blazer and wrapped it around Youngji. Her eyes widened in shock; she was surprised at his generosity. For the first time, she felt that Jackson was different, not how he usually is. For the first time, she felt that Jackson was a man. She was sure that all Jackson was, is a player. But seeing Jackson behaving like this, made her question who he actually is. 

"Oh what's this?" Jackson questioned whilst pointing at her. 

He glided his fingers on her neck whilst pulling out the necklace which was under her shirt and observed the heart shaped pendant. Youngji's face turned red when she realised at how close Jackson was standing. She quickly covered her cheeks with her hands. Who knew a simple touch and him standing close to her could affect her so much. She could feel her cheeks getting warm and red. Her heart was beating faster. She’s never felt this way before, especially for a guy.

"At this point, girls would try to kiss me. But you're covering your face. I guess it's hard to flirt with ugly people to make them do what you want," Jackson said proudly. "It seems the coat trick doesn't work on you. And neither the close contact. I need to have another plan." He made a list mentally of all the things he could try on her to make her like him.

"And I actually doubted for a second that you were a player. To think I didn't know you. For a second, I actually liked you. Ah how could I have fell for that. You're an idiotic player whose life is worthless. Have your stupid blazer back. You jerk." Youngji was frustrated at him. She actually believed that he cared for her. She stepped on his foot and quickly ran away. This is why she hates players. All they do is play with your feelings and treat you like a toy. She could feel her eyes getting watery. Is it because of the wind or her sadness; even she didn’t know why she was crying. Was she jealous? No, there was nothing to be jealous about. She was hurt. She thought that Jackson could’ve been more than just a player. But she was wrong.

Jackson watched her run away. His heart felt heavy like as if he did something that he was going to regret later. "She liked me... For a second...” He repeated her words which left an imprint on him. He knew it was a mistake to do that.  

"AGHHH!!!" He rubbed his face and pulled on his hair. "Being a player is no fun."