Chapter 11 - Extreme Love and a bit of Cleverness

Beauty in the Unexpected

 ---In the previous chapter---

“What were you doing?” JB asked Jackson emotionlessly.

“What do you mean hyung?” Jackson said confused with JB’s question. He got up and noticed that JB looked angry. “Hyung… Look-”

“I DON’T CARE! CHOOSE ONE! YOU CAN’T HAVE BOTH!” JB snapped. Jackson stepped back shocked as JB never raised his voice before. JB shut his eyes slowly and breathed in and out. “Sorry. Just ignore me. Bad day.” JB said as he walked towards his room.

“Hyung… I’m sorry.” Jackson said, feeling sorry for JB.

------

“I’ve never seen hyung so angry before.” Jackson said to himself as he sat back onto the couch. He stared at the pictures in his hand of him and Jiyeon. “I knew I couldn’t protect Youngji. I shouldn’t have gone there in the first place.” Jackson suddenly looked up and observed his surroundings. He felt a chill down his spine as he felt a pair of eyes staring at him. ‘Maybe it’s just my imagination,’ he thought. “Right, time for a shower.”

He got up and walked to the shower in his bedroom. He took out his phone and placed it on the table next to the bed. He placed all his clothes on his bed in a neatly fashion and took a towel in to the bathroom. He took off the clothes he was wearing and switched on the tap allowing warm water to flow through. “Ah this feels good. I haven’t had a nice long bath in ages. Hyung always makes me rush.”

‘I DON’T CARE! CHOOSE ONE!’ Jackson remembered what JB said to him. ‘Hyung. If I made a decision would you hate me…? You know fully well that I would pick her without hesitation. But I can’t have her, the way I am right now.’ Jackson thought. 

(KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK)

Jackson peeked from behind the curtains to see who knocked. But no one was there. “Hyung?” Jackson called out, but there was no reply. “Hmm that’s weird. Maybe hyung wants to speak to me. I should go see him later.”

Jackson switched off the tap and dried himself with the towel. He went outside and picked up the clothes which were lying on the floor. “Something is wrong.” Jackson looked around before putting on his clothes as quickly as possible. He took his phone from the bed and observed his phone, ‘My phone… was on the table.’ He put his phone in his pocket and went to JB’s room. He knocked on the door and walked in.

“Hyung. Did you knock earlier when I was in the bathroom?” Jackson asked him.

“No why? I was doing stuff for our new album,” JB said.

“New album? What?” Jackson asked, confused as to what JB was talking about.

“Yes new album. Don’t be stupid. You’re the one who wanted to do a new album. You sent me a text saying that JYP hyung accepted the idea of a new album. And that the album is apparently called Minah,” JB read off his phone.

“What I didn’t send you a text. What are you talking about?” Jackson said.

“Hey Jackson. Do you possibly have memory loss? Should I take you to the hospital?” JB said as he laughed at Jackson’s confused expression.  

“Hyung. I’m not joking. I didn’t send you anything. When did you receive that text?” Jackson asked whilst looking at his phone at the recent texts sent.

“Today. Just a couple minutes ago,” JB said.

“That would explain why my phone was on the bed and not on the table. And why my clothes were on the floor. And the person… who knocked…” Jackson said as he began to realise something.

“Knock Knock.” Jackson said in a surprised tone.

“Who’s there?” JB replied, questioning what Jackson was talking about.

“A girl…” Jackson slowly figuring out the truth.

“A girl who,” JB said playing along with Jackson’s Knock Knock joke.

 “A girl who never left,” Jackson said hoping that JB would understand what he was talking about.

“Never left…?” JB looked at Jackson with a confused look, only to find him looking really nervous and frightened. “Never left…?” he pondered once again. “NEVER LEFT!” JB shouted finally realising what Jackson meant. He got up instantly and started to ring JYP.

“Wait. Don’t. Let’s play Hide and Seek,” Jackson said.

“We should tell him,” JB said.

“No they would leave by then and we would never find out who it was,” Jackson said.

“Minah,” JB said.

“Who?” Jackson asked wondering what he was talking about.

“Your album is called Minah. That’s a girl’s name. It’s probably their name or they’re just a huge fan of Minah in Girl’s Day,” JB said. “And I doubt a POLARIS sasaeng would be a fan of Minah.”

“Oh hyung. So smart!!!” Jackson said, surprised at how clever JB is.

“Right let’s stop messing about. We’ve got to catch ourselves a sasaeng,” JB said.

JB and Jackson went outside the room to search for the sasaeng. They checked each room but no one could be found. An hour had gone past, and there was no one in the house other than those two.

“Hyung. I think she might have left.” Jackson said as he slumped into the couch, tired from all the searching.

“Nope she’s definitely here. I didn’t hear the front door shut. And no windows are open. So she’s still here.” JB said.

“Right so what do we do?” Jackson asked.

“We just have to beat them at their own game,” JB smiled. “Right hide behind the curtain with this,” JB said as he pushed Jackson towards the curtains and gave Jackson his phone.  

“Your phone..? Why?” Jackson said, confused as to why JB gave him the phone.

“Snap snap,” JB said. “Ah if only Youngji was here. Oh well.” JB started to rearrange the sofas so that the sofa was facing away from the door at the back. He then sat on the couch and put cushions next to him. He placed a blanket over the cushions and himself. “Ready?” he asked Jackson.

“Yup hyung.” Jackson said behind the curtains.

“Oh baby don’t do that. That tickles.” JB shouted. “I’m going to fall off the couch. Stop that!” JB laughed to himself.

‘What the hell is hyung doing?’ Jackson thought to himself with a disappointed look on his face.

“Ah stop that. I’m going to hug and kiss you to death if you keep doing that,” JB said.

“Oppppaa~ I wouldn’t mind if you kiss me!” Jackson said with a girlish voice causing JB to look at him with an embarrassed look.

Suddenly, the door creaked open. Jackson noticed a small camera poking out from the door which was held by someone with pale hands.

“Right. I’m going to kiss you everywhere so you will regret tickling me next time.” JB said as he started to make kissing noises.

The girl slipped past the door and was now standing to the side of the couch allowing Jackson to get a good view of her. He took a few pictures of her and made sure that they were clear. Jackson noticed that JB had stopped making weird noises and was now looking at him and giving him the thumbs up. Jackson clicked the record button and gave a thumbs up back to JB.

“Hello.” JB said as he got up from the couch.

“OH CRAP!” the girl said and headed for the front door but was stopped by Jackson who stood in front of the door.

“Sasaengs are so obvious. You should just get a t-shirt with the words ‘I am a sasaeng’ on it,” JB said. He walked over to the girl causing her to be cornered by the both of them. “Give me your camera,” JB said as he glared at her.

“No. I love you and I want to be different from other fans,” the sasaeng said.

“Different? How are you different? Oh I know. You’re a crazy stalker and they’re not,” Jackson said.

“I’m not a stalker. It just shows you how much I love you. Other fans don’t love you as much,” the sasaeng replied.

“Oh shut up. That is not love.” Jackson said.

“Right Jackson. Calm down. Let’s not be rude now,” JB said. “What’s your name and how old are you?”

“Kim Minah. And I’m 16,” she said with a smile on her face.

“Right. So the police would want to talk to you about a few stuff. You know the illegal stuff. Trespassing. Taking pictures without permission. Intruding privacy of others. I could go on. The list is long. Now. Do you want to go to prison for the rest of your life or just pretend that none of this ever happened?” JB threatened.        

“Pretend that none of this happened…” she said with a sad look on her face and started to fiddle with her fingers.

“Right. So leave your camera here and don’t come here again or share our details with anyone. If you cause anymore havoc, I will call the police. Gwonji High School. I don’t think they will allow you back into the school. Missing days of school is something that they don’t like. But they dislike students who miss school for stalking their idols even more. Now leave!” JB said as he pointed to the front door. The girl nodded and quickly placed her camera on the floor and turned around to leave.  She opened the door and was about to leave when JB slammed the door shut.

“Don’t try to fool me, you stupid girl. The phone too. And the memory card you took out from the camera,” JB said with anger in his voice.

“But this is my phone. With all my important stuff on it,” the girl pleaded.

JB took his phone from Jackson and started dialling a number. “Hello? Is this the police?”

“RIGHT! RIGHT I’M SORRY HERE!!!” she chucked her phone and the memory card on the floor and ran outside whilst crying.

“Hyung. That was... awesome.” Jackson said, astonished that JB was this devious. “How did you know she went to Gwonji High?”

“The uniform. One of our previous house intruders also went to Gwonji. It seems that school is housing sasaengs,” JB said.  

“Ah what are we going to do with the girl’s stuff?” Jackson asked as he picked up the girl’s stuff on the floor and gave it to JB.

“Give it to the police. They would know what to do with it.” JB said as he placed the camera, phone, and SD card into a clear holder. “And we’re still going to have to move. I don’t trust that girl.” JB said.

“Right. I’ll tell to JYP hyung about our situation,” Jackson said as he started to dial a number.

“One problem solved. But the next one will be tricky.” JB said as he looked towards Jackson talking on the phone.