If You Love Someone, Set Them Free 2

Love and Courages
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Min Ho and Na Irin sat on the bench at the park while looking at a group of child playing with their teachers. His feel so touched by looking at the children at Little Hope Schools and Care Centre as he is not exposed to special children before.

“Are u coming here often?” asked Min Ho. When they reached the Centre just now, almost all the staffs here know Irin very well and some of the children look so happy when the saw her.

“Hmmm… not really, when I have time, then I will come here to visit. Usually when u have no oversea schedule in the weekend, I will come here to help out on the session,” answered Irin. She miss her job as therapist, so by visiting the Centre, she can at least helping out and do what she likes to do. “U never know this place ever exist in the street of Gangnam isn’t?” asked Irin. She was quite surprised to know about this Centre before too as Gangnam is one of the high end place in Seoul.

“Eo, I never know and this is the first time I was directly in touch with special children after met with In Ha ssi sister last year,” he remembered In Ha sister who have special condition called Autism, but she is much more stable than the children in this Centre. “U are really amazing,” said Min Ho. He saw how Irin handling and playing with the children just now. She really have the aura that make all the children like her and will listen to her. Even most of the children can’t verbalize, but she is able to understand them and make them to express their need the way she want to.

“Wae?” asked Irin confuse.

“I never see this side of u before. The firm Irin, the soft Irin , the happy Irin and the patience Irin, all at once,” said Min Ho. Irin that he know is someone that very cold, calm but easily get panicked at the same time . It is very difficult to see her smile and laugh. But looking at Irin in the Little Hope School and Care Centre, he can see she is smiling most of the time. She is playing, singing and dancing with the children.

Irin was smiling when she heard what Min Ho was saying. “Because u never try to know more about me before. I can be very fun person to play with,” said Irin and laugh, purposely teasing Min Ho. Honestly, it is not Min Ho who don’t really want to know more about her, but she is the one who trying to avoid any conversation about her personal life.

“Then, let me know about u now,” said Min Ho and turn his gaze to Irin. Once his eye find hers, immediately Irin change her eye contact to see the children. He do not know why, recently she keep on avoiding his eye contact.

Irin cleared nervously when she heard that. “Do u like this place?” asked Irin trying to change the topic.

“Eo, I hope I have time to visit here again soon. Being here make me realize how fortunate my life is and I should stop complaining how difficult my life,” said Min Ho.

“No, u cant say like that. Every person have different path in their journey. U are on your own track while the children like them is the chosen one be on their track. We cant treat them like they are the difference, they need to receive an equal treatment like a typical children.”

“What do u mean?” asked Min Ho as he cant really able to understand what Irin said.

“Because of we always think this children is special and different, this is what make them to be isolated in the society. They will always become the last row who received what typical children received especially in the education. If there is no stigma among the society on this children, I believe that the children here wont be separated from their parents and the parent wont be struggle to find more money for the children  to receive what they deserve which is education,” replied Irin. This is what frustrated Irin all this year when she started her career as therapist.  Because the children is special, having some difficulties in learning, and behaving inappropriately, it doesn’t mean they cant go to school, it doesn’t meant they cannot mingle around with typical children in school environment. What they need is just a little bit extra attention from the teachers, from the therapist to assist them in the classroom, to help them regulate their sensory seeking in socially acceptable manner, and to teach them a way that they can learn.

“They are staying here?” asked Min Ho. He was surprise to know that as he saw there are few children age around 3 years old. Even he is not sure if this child can really understand what happened around them, but at such young age, living without parents is actually a heart wrenching.

“Eo.. the parents have no choice. Most of the children here came from lower income family, both parent is working, no one can take care their special child, and no school want to accept the children. Of course they will always have few school specifically for special children, but the parents cant afford to pay. None of the parent would like to leave their child here, but what other choice they have?” replied Irin. It is heartbreaking to see how the children was crying when they know the parents is going to leave. It seem like they do not really understand what is happening around them, but only themselves know what they feel. The separation anxiety is torturing for both parents and child, but for a better life, they need to go through it. Tears started to pool in Irin eyes. She has very poor empathy skills and always emotionally affected which is not a good practice as therapist, but looking at the children here, it reminds her about her childhood. It may not be the same, but she was growing up without both parents besides her too.

Min Ho looking at Irin and realized her face look quite gloomy. Before he open his mouth to ask more, a 3 years old child, Hyo Sub came and started to pull Irin hand.

“Yes? What do u want?” asked Irin while trying to make Hyo Sub stand still and look at Irin. Hyo Sub started to feel overwhelmed and cry. Irin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter