The Heartbreak

Love and Courages
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irin entered the meeting room and sit in front of Bae Hoon. Bae Hoon was calling her right after she reached her dormitory from airport yesterday. However, she do not know what is the reason he want to meet her.

“Annyeong, oppa,” greets Irin to Bae Hoon. “May I know why u want to see me?” asked Irin. She can’t sleep yesterday thinking of what is the reason.

“Annyeong, Irin. This is about your job position and your contract with Starhaus,” replied Bae Hoon. As per discussed with Min Ho while they was in New Zealand last few days, Min Ho want Irin to be transfer back as his Personal Assistant and to get Irin agreement to renew her contract. “ U may need to be transfer back as Min Ho Personal Assistant with immediate effect,” added Bae Hoon.

“Waeyo?” asked Irin. She knew it after overheard their conversation but she still want to know what other excuses that Min Ho will give.

“I think u remember that your position in PR department just temporary and Min Ho have right to ask u to return back to your position. I don’t see there is any reason for u to ask,” said Bae Hoon. He can sense that Irin doesn’t feel good with the instruction. “By the way, here is the form for u to sign so that we can proceed to renew your visa,” Bae Hoon past Irin the form and the conract to Irin.

Irin sighing looking at the form and the new contract. She need time to think about the new contrat. At first the reason why she came to Korea and work as Personal Assistant because of the financial needs, but it has been 4 months she never send money to her parents anymore. She got to know from her friend, Sara that her money don’t really reach her father. It seem like the money she sent used for unnecessary thing. For the past 18 years, she is been living just to make everyone happy. She want her father to feel happy, she sacrifice her feeling, she never show how broke her heart to be threaten as a stranger in the house as long as the father do not feel burden. She want her mother to accept her present, she willing to do whatever she asked her. Even with all the harsh words, she never take it seriously and still love her as her own mother. She willing to leave her dream profession and came to Seoul alone so that she can help her father, but knowing that all the sacrifice is useless, she think it is the time for her to be selfish.

“I have a right to consider it before agree to sign isn’t?” asked Irin. She really need time.

“Irin, I think we have discussed about extending your contract before and u have no issue with it. Why did u need time to think now?” asked Bae Hoon. Min Ho asked him to make sure that Irin sign the contract immediately and if not, he pretty sure that Min Ho going to go bonkers again today. There is only 2 person that can make his boss gone crazy, first is Shin Hye and second one is Irin.

“I know it, but everything can change. U know that my relationship with Min Ho ssi not really good nowadays, how am I going to continue to be his Personal Assistant? It will be difficult for me and for Min Ho ssi as well,” replied Irin.

“Irin, I guess u know him better than anyone else, u should really know what happened to him recently and what is the reason why he behave strangely this few months,” said Bae Hoon.

“I do not know what u are talking about, I am just his Personal Assistant and whatever happened to him is beyond my control,” lied Irin. Of course she knew everything that happened to Min Ho. Even Min Ho do not tell him, she knew that Min Ho and Shin Hye relationship ended in a bad terms.

“Irin, can we talk as friend about Min Ho? Please put aside your job and treat him as normal human being,” said Bae Hoon. He got no other choices to tell Irin the whole story. He can only trust her to help Min Ho because she know Min Ho and Shin Hye relationship.

“I am sorry oppa, but all this while, are we treating him as a normal human being?” Irin asked sarcastically. If form the start everyone treat him as a normal human being, he doesn’t need to go through this heartbreak and maybe now he still happily in relationship with Shin Hye.

Bae Hoon sighing with Irin answer. Irin is right, no one treat Min Ho as normal human being all this while. But, this is the price that Min Ho have to pay with his superstar status. “Irin, I know your frustration, but please listen to what I want to say first,” stop Bae Hoon and continue after he saw that Irin ready to listen to him. “Min Ho is not angry with u, he is not hate u too. He is angry to himself that he cant control his feeling. Every time he see u, it will remind him about Shin Hye and how much he hurt because of Shin Hye. Avoiding u it just because he scared that he going to hurt u without he realizing it. I think u should know why without I need to explain it.”

Irin feel like something stabbed her heart with what Bae Hoon just said to her. Now she fully understand why did Min Ho behave strangely towards her. Rationally, Min Ho shouldn’t act like that, but Irin know what is the reason she is dragged into Min Ho and Shin Hye problem. All this while, she was the only person that know every single detail about Min Ho and Shin Hye relationship. Every time Min Ho and Shin Hye faced an issues in their relationship, Irin is the first person that Min Ho will seek for an advice. Most of the time too, Irin will always defend and be on Shin Hye side. Is that the reason why he was avoiding her? Because of she always defending Shin Hye.

“Don’t u think if I am back as his Personal Assistant, it will make his condition worst?” asked Irin. She don’t want her present to cause any trouble to Min Ho anymore.

“No, u present will help him to go through his heartbreak. U are the only one that can help him, I’m afraid that if he continuously in this mode, acting rebelliously, he will ruin himself and his career,” said Bae Hoon. “He got no one other than u to help him. He don’t trust anyone except u. Even he was avoiding u all this while, saying all those words that make u upset, u never know how important u are in his life. I know u really care about him too, and I know that both of u relationship more like a friends, that’s why I really need u to help him,” added Bae Hoon.

Yes, Irin really care about Min Ho and knowing that he was hurt deeply, it makes her feel the pain too. She know how much Min Ho love Shin Hye, how much courage he gather to sustain his relationship with Shin Hye and how much he sacrifice his feeling to just make Shin Hye happy to be with him. Irin cannot imagine how deep the wound in Min Ho heart is now. She do not know how can she help him, but there is not harm to try. At least, it is easier for her to see him every day if she is back as his personal assistant.

. . .

18th February 2015

Shin Hye looking at the parcel the she received today and open it. She was quite surprised when she saw a diamond bangle bracelet with turquoise string attached to it.  Without even checking who is given her the present, she already know it. It was Min Ho and Shin Hye immediately burst into tears. He was so angry at her, but he will never forget her birthday. Since their first met, he never missed to give her a present no matter how busy he was. She do not know what she should do, called him? He will never answer her call. Text him? He will not going to reply as soon as she hope and it’s hurt her damn much.

Shin Hye opened the small card that attached together with the present and sobbing with the words.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter