Idiots Everywhere

Tension

Hyejeong (alongside with Jimin and Yuna) was one of Choa’s friends during their time in university. They met when Hyejeong was starting to explore her own interests, one of which was her curious attraction to women over men. Choa, an older student in the same marketing class, was an unfortunate first target of Hyejeong’s curiosity. Hyejeong’s heart was broken when the blonde beauty had declined her offer of a relationship, however a kiss on the cheek and various connections from Choa’s end helped Hyejeong heavily and mended the wounds, meaning that the taller brunette had owed endless favours. One of which was accommodation while Choa was soul-searching in the city they both reside. Hyejeong would frequently joke that Choa had in inner gay in her, but the closest to actually making that statement true was that unfortunate morning. It certainly had Choa wondering if there were finer things in life than men (such as women).

Until she took her Saturday walk in the city and stopped in front of an art gallery.

Their eyes caught.

Their jaws dropped.

Those piercing, smouldering eyes.

They stiffened, but made no change in their neutral expressions. 

He looked away, back to the artful furniture within.

She kept looking, into the art gallery of artful furnitures. 

She escaped the empty street into the warm embrace of the building, hoping to fall into the warm embrace of the man. She walked to him, hoping to be able to walk into his warm embrace.

She should have braced for impact.

His mere presence made her nervous, which trembled her knees. The trembling caused her legs to be less coordinated. She took as many cautious steps.

It still only takes one wrong step to trip. 

But at least she still felt the impact of the warm embrace she wanted.

So close…

She gasped when she felt her knees touch the wooden floors, if only gently. It had nothing to do with her head was enveloped within his chest. 

And I thought I was gay this morning.

She felt underdressed next to him in a red v-neck sweater over a white t-shirt, both above black denim shorts and leggings and boots. His black suit was certainly overwhelmed her vision and quickened her pulse. 

Shoulders.

She just wanted to squeeze them and feel how they wouldn’t squish underneath her fingers, but rather be lithe and hard. The thought of it made her jaw drop and her breathing quiet. It didn’t help that the fact that vision was limited to only his chest and arms that her thoughts spiralled downwards his body.

“Excuse me,” his baritone voice shook her out of his shoulders. “Are you alright, Madame?”

SUCH A FREAKING GENTLEMAN WHERE ARE MY MANNERS AM I NOT A LADY?!

Choa looked up when she was about to speak, but regretted doing so when she saw his eyes again. Her words were lost in , as she was dumbstruck with awe while her jaw was hanging. HIs hand pushed her chin up to close , causing Choa to blink, breaking the spell of his gaze for a brief moment. She felt how the intensity of his gaze within his eyes couldn’t stop captivating her, until she realised she had to reply.

“Uh, um,” she began dumbly. “I’m fine…”

She looked away from his face when she realised how hot her face was. 

“Seunghyun.”

Her head whipped back to him when she heard him. Their eyes caught again.

“It’s Choi Seunghyun,” he repeated. “Like on the napkin I left…”

Choa’s mouth let out a silent, “oh”. 

“But when we’re in the competition, call me T.O.P.”

Choa blinked again.

Competition?

“You are joining the band competition, right?”

Band competiti- OH !

“Y-you’re my- I mean, AoA's competition?” she stammered. If her crush was her upcoming opponent, that meant her hopes of winning would be crushed instantly. It’d be very hard to compete against such a handsome man, even if it was a contest of talents…

“Well, I am one of the participants of the competition, at least under the name, 'Big Bang'.”

Choa let out an unexpectedly loud laugh, scaring the other guests at the art gallery, thinking it was all a joke. The laugh died down softly when she saw his serious gaze. She felt her heart stop.

“Oh,” she said simply. “So…”

“You’re very pretty.” He said simply. “I like you.”

Choa stopped breathing. She felt her knees gave away again when she heard those words, and let them repeat over and over again in her head as she fell backwards. He felt his arm (oh, how she longed for this type of touch) on her back, and enjoyed how the strength of it pulled her into him.

“Consider this our first date.”

His words rumbled in his chest to which her face was closest to. She closed her eyes as she felt his warmth and breathed in his scent. She nodded slightly and moaned an approval. She didn’t mind; she was in the embrace of an incredibly handsome and charming man, even if he was an opponent. However, that was only for the competition; beyond that, they were on the way to becoming lovers. Onlookers in the gallery looked on, though the female members of the little audience grew steadily envious at the sight. They looked away, looking back at the art pieces, but not before noticing the girls gathering outside of the art gallery, who all went, “Aww,” at the sight of their favorite blonde having an intimate in a public place. Only two of them merely gave huffs of disapproval, and a third merely looked indifferently.

“He’s a playboy,” Hyejeong growled. His professional and good looks, handsome as they were, had little effect onto her except that she was (somewhat) impressed that Choa found someone of his calibre. However, she was skeptical because of it.

“You know what they say,” Seolhyun began with a smile as she patted her girlfriend’s back. “It takes one to know one!”

While Hyejeong sputters on about how she was beyond that part of her life, Jimin glared at the man holding onto her best friend. Her instincts kicked in, saying something about how there was something off about the man. 

No one gets closer to my Choaya, Jimin thought to herself. He may be handsome beyond comprehension, but-

“He’s too good for her.”

All the girls heard a whiny voice from beside them and looked to their left, seeing a group of boys in leather jackets leaning against the same window they were leaning on. The boys looked back, the one who voiced his thoughts grinning at their reaction. They all sauntered over to the girls, looking through the fuming expressions. Youkyung instantly came forward with an accusing finger, her face one of aggression.

“Big Bang!”

As Hyejeong and Seolhyun hid behind AoA (before sneaking into the art gallery), the tension between the two groups rose, as the members of AoA began to identify one of their competition. It was a 5-member group (the fifth being the one flirting with their lead singer), each with their own devilishly handsome features. They all had their own facial features, but they all shared the same blonde hair (except for the aforementioned fifth member), albeit styled differently. Their leader, the one upfront walking to Youkyung in a striped t-shirt and skinny jeans, had a snarl before smirking (which all the girls, except Youkyung, also found slightly adorable as well).

“Well, well,” he said while looking at the girls. “Looks like we have our competition here coming to ask for surrender, boys.”

He laughed dramatically, causing the other guys to laugh just as dramatically (much to the girl’s annoyance). One of the members quickly stopped the laughter by grabbing his leader’s arm. He was wearing black joggers and a white, tight tank top that did little to hide his (heavenly) body (much to the girls’ hidden excitement).

“But Jiyoung-“

“It’s G-Dragon, Youngbae” the leader hissed quickly and quietly. “We stick to our stage names when we’re out in public like this.”

“Oh, fine,” his friend conceded. “But G-Dragon, it won’t be as fun if they back out now.”

“Hah, my Taeyang!” G-Dragon patted his friend on his bare shoulder (Yuna and Mina were staring unblinkingly at the contact, but more importantly at the movement of muscles beneath Taeyang’s bare skin). “Let them try all they want; they will lose to our might anyways!”

“That’s not true!” Youkyung was roaring, her passion for her band’s victory eminent in her statement. “We have the talent to beat your fan service!”

“Fan service?” One of the Big Bang members slid out from behind G-Dragon and Taeyang dramatically with a hand over his head. “Why must you say it with such disgust?”

“Listen not to them, Seungri.” G-Dragon quickly slid to the other member, caressing his cheek gently with a worried look on his face (Yuna slightly blushed at the act of affection). “They know not the true value of our art.”

“Oh, gracious leader!”

“Oh, stupid maknae!”

All the girls cringed at the overly-dramatic act they both put up. Even Taeyang and the other member covered their faces at their other members, but they still laughed at it. However, female passerby-s giggled at the cute act by handsome men, while one of them even screamed in approval at the act. Hyejeong and Seolhyun walked calmly out of the gallery before getting the attention of the rivalling groups by yelling. 

“Hey idiots!”

“Guys!”

Everyone turned to see the Seoljeong couple while Seolhyun was smacking Hyejeong in the arm for calling them harshly (the taller brunette took the hits with a smile of amusement). Even the Big Bang members leaned to look past the AoA band members to look at the source of the attention that diverted their rival’s gazes.

“They’re gone.”