Smoothness Abound

Tension

Seunghyun and Hyejeong faced the wall with their foreheads stuck to the white plaster in shame. They both did their best to ignore the tiny blonde as she kept patting their backs with a flustered face. Internally, the gentleman and woman were laughing at how the cute the situation was, but they needed to teach this idiot a lesson.

“Oh, come on!” Choa’s constant attacks seemed to make no impact in earning their forgiveness. “You have to admit it was funny.”

“You still should have told us you were awake,” Seunghyun said flatly, trying so hard not let his resolve weaken.

“We were extremely worried over your health, you idiot,” Hyejeong said afterwards without missing a step.

“Well, I was knocked out for a bit,” Choa admitted. “But I came to just as you put me to bed! Hyejeong you had a manly grip on me that I’m sure most women would appreciate.”

Choa and Seunghyun heard the sudden inhale from the tall woman. Choa knew that Hyejeong was a er for compliments, especially if it was about her ability at being the “woman’s woman”. It was an obvious reaction, and Choa would take every chance she could when she was at a disadvantage to provoke it.

She’s devious like that.

But before any of them could reply, they heard the door knocked. The sudden rap on the wood brought a shock through each of their backs, causing each of them to jump a little. They all looked to the menacingly innocent front door as the knocks came through once more, this time a bit harder than before. The occupants looked at each other hesitantly before deciding within a split second to shove Seunghyun to the door.

The roommates pointed at the door while mouthing, “open it!” 

Seunghyun only shook his head in disbelief as he opened it, surprised to find a midget and a model standing in the doorway. He could only widen his eyes at the two, before bowing slightly and looking back into the room. The girls were already gone, hidden behind the door of one of their two rooms. He looked back with a sigh and bowed again.
“What can I do for you ladies at this time of the night?” he asked politely, leaning against the doorframe with an awkward swag. “Delivery?”

“Isn't this Choa and Hyejeong’s apartment?” Jimin asked darkly, the small manager somewhat apprehensive in looking past the tall man. “Whatever, I came to drop these off for her after she left it in Youkyung’s studio.”

Jimin put forward a plastic bag while Seolhyun pulled out a guitar bag from her back. 

“Take them, since we won’t be needing them anymore for the time being,” Jimin almost spat at the man as she and Seolhyun dropped the stuff in his hands. “Youkyung’s going to move out of her place for her victory prize.”

“Oh, okay?” Seunghyun said, somewhat confused. “I thought the prize was for the full band?”

“She and Mina are the only registered rosters for the band,” Jimin said. “And none of us really want to move out of the city to play music.”

“Except Yuna-unnie,” Seolhyun reminded Jimin playfully with a little tap on her shoulder, causing the smaller to giggle. “Remember, she told us she’s planning on quitting during the party to join Youkyung and Mina.” 

“Oh right,” Jimin remembered, mockingly hitting her own head. “She will be missed and all the best for her!”

Jimin and Seolhyun nodded in agreement before looking back to Seunghyun. 

“Anyways, tell Choa I’ll see her at work,” Jimin said softly. “And we hope to put all of this behind us then.” 

“O-okay,” Seunghyun agreed to her request, before he was kicked in the shin by Seolhyun. “What was that for?!”

“Relay that to the -jeong, will you?” Seolhyun said with a scowl before stomping away to the elevator. “Come on, Jimin.”

“R-right, dearie!” Jimin bowed quickly. “I’m sorry for that.”

And with that, the tiny rapper ran away to his girlfriend. Seunghyun, meanwhile dropped the plastic bag as he rubbed his pained shin, breathing slowly and deeply in hopes of alleviating it. He laid the foot down gently and picked up the other bag before closing the door, deep sighs filling the room once Seunghyun closed it shut.

“I’m not ready to face Seolhyun now,” Hyejeong said. “Thanks for delaying my apology.”

Seunghyun was just glad that Choa hugged him tightly after that ordeal.

“You might need new friends,” he said to the small blonde as he ruffled her short hair. “Your current ones are too good for you.”

“What do you mean?” The small singer asked with mock offence taken. “We’re all a bunch of s, except for maybe Yuna.”

“No, Yuna can be an ,” Hyejeong said. “She just does it to men who tries to hit on her, but it’s kinda subtle.”

“No kidding?” Choa was somewhat showed t this new information. “Even Yuna can be an .”

“Everyone can be an ,” Seunghyun summarised their small conversation. “Now when were you going to tell us you were awake, ?”

“Oh yeah,” Hyejeong remembered, crossing her arms as she leaned onto one hip and stared at Choa. “When were you going to tell us you were awake and not worry us indefinitely?”

“Guys, I said I was sorry!” Choa quickly apologised as she tried to get closer to her closest mates. “Come on, can’t we just put this all behind us?!”

“We could have called emergency,” Hyejeong suggested to Seunghyun. “And have this idiot blonde pay for the bills.”

“Especially when they find out she didn’t actually have a concussion,” Seunghyun followed. “Even worse, you could’ve been placed into jail for assault!”

“I could?!” Hyejeong asked dramatically, her eyes exaggeratedly widening for effect. “Oh no!”

“And then if Choa wanted to see you again, she’d have to pay your bail,” Seunghyun continued, crossing his arms and pay his head. “Just think of the money-“

“OKAY!”

Choa knelt in between the two of them hugged their legs. She was at the edge of tears, the guilt slowly piling up within her already-heavy heart as she continued hearing their mean conversation. She pouted up to the both of them, while poking her boyfriend’s other, unhurt shin. Meanwhile, she nuzzled her head against her roommate’s leg, with her actions becoming and more cat-like. Hyejeong and Seunghyun looked at each other with hesitancy with the same message in their eyes.

We can’t keep this up.

“Aigoo!” Both of them cooed as they both knelt down to Choa’s height and squished her in between both of their hugs. “So cute!”

“I knew I’d win this time,” Choa whispered sneakily. “You both can’t run from this cuteness!”

“Well, we can put this beside you,” Hyejeong said as she picked up the plastic bag and the guitar bag. “So you can put your own stuff away, okay?”

“Can you do it for me, please?” Choa tried to eek out as much persuasion from her cuteness as possible. 

“Only if you sleep with me,” Hyejeong said confidently as she ruffled her roommate’s hair while picking her leg up to get out the hug. “For a week.”

“Aish,” Choa quickly said in disgust as she stood up. “I have a boyfriend.”

“Exactly why I said it,” Hyejeong said as she sauntered over to her room. “I hope you don’t mind, Seunghyun…”

She made sure to give a seductive gaze to the tall, handsome man, but he could only laugh at it.

“Just give me the footage,” Seunghyun stated simply. “And then maybe I’ll turn a blind eye…”

“SEUNGHYUN!” She wanted to punch him so hard, but his stunning look just makes her entire body weak. “W-Why…?”

“You need to be taught a lesson, Choaya,” the tall man growled as he leaned into her ear. “I’ll be back as soon as you finished your affairs.”

She shivered at that last sentence.

“G-get out of here,” she muttered as she weakly pushed against Seunghyun. “You’re n-not welcome anymore…”

“Take care of her,” Seunghyun said to Hyejeong as he walked to front door. “You both have problems that are a bit above my current pay grade.”

He nodded his head as he exited their room, leaving the roommates in an awkward silence.

“So, are we going to film-?”

“NO!”


A/N: Oh damn, it really has been a while, huh?

I apologize for not updating this sooner. I have been starved for inspiration for fic since I started working on the "Author Series" (Note to self, make a better name for the "Breaking the Spell" and "Wrath of the Angel" stories), and after that I just couldn't stop updating it. I have so many ideas for it that I just left my other fics in the dust. I am deeply sorry about that, but I will make an effort to put this one back on track. There's a few more chapters, however I just need to sit down and write it out word by word.

If you've been waiting this long, I thank you deeply for your patience. I hope you keep reading this story to the very end. Also to the new readers, welcome! Keep reading as well, as I appreciate it so much.