Meet the Roommates

Tension

Choa woke up to the sound of . 

She was not pleased as she looked at the time on her phone: “5:15”. Everything was still dark, save for her phone screen which gleamed brightly at her face. 

On a Saturday morning too!

Choa jumped out of her bed in anger as she walked to the room beside her’s. She didn’t even bother knocking as she walked into the room with the intention of giving her roommate a piece of her mind. She the lights, but regretted that decision. Upon illumination of the room, Choa shrieked at the sight (followed by more shrieks from the bed) on top of her roommate’s bed, and quickly flipped the light switch down, turning off the lights in the room. She heard the quick shuffling of blankets and covers in the room, but didn’t care as she she tried to breathe slowly and deeply.

She was extremely traumatised.

“Presumably,” the feminine voice of her roommate said. “You saw a woman’s junk. She would like to apologize for that.”

“Sorry,” another feminine voice apologized.

Choa grunted with tears in her eyes as she slammed her roommate’s door closed and returned to her bed. She could not sleep for the next 3 hours, opting instead to look at cat pictures on her phone. They usually calmed her down, with those adorable eyes and tiny paws.

Yeah, Choa thought calmly. Cat pictures, and not pus-

Choa groaned loudly and buried her face in her pillow. The image of two hot women on a bed was permanently burned into her mind. She admits her roommate was hot and was okay with her being a lesbian. But she could not stand the random times she would wake up because of the sounds they would during their “nightly activities”. Usually, Choa would knock and yell, but because she was tired from the rehearsal the night before, her patience was incredibly shortened and her frustration led her to a new extreme. 

It also led her to the worst sight of her life.

She sobbed dramatically into her pillow, knowing full well that such a sight wasn’t that horrifying. Her first reaction to finding her roommate was mild at the very least, if not one of extreme embarrassment. She only closed the door slowly at that time, albeit with a very red face after staring for a full 2 minutes (her roommate’s “partner” at the time counted). Choa knew she was overreacting this time, but at least she had some of excuse.

She sat up just as someone walked into her room. Thankfully, she was clothed, but that didn’t stop Choa from blushing a bit. The slim-fit navy blue shirt and skinny jeans did little to hide the luxurious curves the girl. Her long black hair managed to cover the tempting sweet spots of the girl’s neck (and the numerous attempts on those same sweet spots). Choa may have been lovestruck by Seunghyun, but she cannot deny the beauty of the girl at the doorway, who moved slowly and sat beside Choa to pat her on the back. 

Her roommate’s partner gave a sheepish grin.

“Sorry you had to see that,” the girl apologized. “Um, nice to see you again?”

Choa realised that Hyejeong didn’t bring back a random girl this time. 

“Seolhyun, right?” Choa could only say. She wasn’t sure whether she wants to scold the sweet looking girl and her roommate or taste that succulent-looking neck right-

Wait. No, stop Choa.

The girl merely gave a grin and nodded at Choa’s question. Choa’s roommate walked in as well, wearing a loose yellow t-shirt that covered half of her black shorts. Choa gasped at the sight of her long legs, still under the confusing reverie that Seolhyun managed to put her under. If it wasn’t for the memory of the handsome man’s eyes anchoring her, she would have certainly converted to being between a Seoljeong sandwich right then and there (yes, Choa has thought of being one of her roommates many nightly encounters, but decided not to). 

Hyejeong scratched her head as she sat beside Seolhyun on the side of Choa’s bed. She held Seolhyun’s hand gently before slowly intertwining their fingers. Choa saw this, causing a multitude of confusing emotions burst from within her. She caught traces of envy and frustration, yet also a soft happiness and a very strong urge to squeal. 

I’ll just go with the strongest one.

Choa fell backwards into her pillows and shoved one into her face as she squealed loudly into it, mixing in a few giggles at the such a romantic gesture. Hyejeong shook her head and scoffed at her roommate’s antics, opting to shove her hand onto Choa’s pillow in an act of mock anger. Seolhyun was confused at first from Choa’s reaction, but then she was alarmed at Hyejeong’s aggressive act. 

“Dong Dong,” Seolhyun yelled. “You’re gonna kill her!”

“That’s the point,” Hyejeong replied flatly, struggling to keep the pillow above the thrashing blonde.

Choa frantically searched for Hyejeong’s hand, and when she found it she dug her nails into her forearm. The stinging pain was enough for Hyejeong to weaken her grip, allowing Choa to push the pillow off her and breathe deeply. Hyejeong noticed Choa’s recovery rate for breathlessness was fast. 

“Someone caught your eye?” Hyejeong questioned quizzically while hugging Seolhyun and her hair (Seolhyun closed her eyes and purred beneath the taller’s touch).

“How did you know?” Choa retorted, raising an eyebrow as she picked up the pillow she threw and hugged it tightly. She rested her head on the pillow and pouted.

“You recovered from breathlessness quickly,” Hyejeong observed. “Meaning you’re used to someone taking your breath away.”

Choa sighed dreamily as she recalled the handsome customer, the image of him popping up in her mind. Hyejeong waved a hand in front of her face after a minutes of silence from her roommate, and sighed before giving a quick kiss to Seolhyun’s jaw. Being a sudden surprise, she gave a sudden yelp at the contact, pulling Choa back into reality just in time to see Seolhyun jump. Choa was about to squeal, but Hyejeong covered before doing so. She snuffed out the sounds at the back of Choa’s throat by leaning in, her eyes piercing into Choa’s.

“Is it me?” Hyejeong kept her eyes on Choa’s. “Do we bother you?”

Hyejeong bit her lip quickly before inching forward.

“I see how you look at us,” Hyejeong whispered before leaning in so that their noses were mere centimetres apart. “Join the dark side, Choa.”

Hyejeong’s lips were close enough to Choa’s breath away without touching her’s. Choa’s eyes were glued to her roommate’s, before she was wrenched away by Seolhyun. The youngest’s look was that of supreme anger.

“You told me you were gonna stop being a player, Dong Dong.

Choa choked back a laugh when she heard the nickname. 

Dong Dong?

Seeing Seolhyun playfully putting Hyejeong in a headlock and the addition of a nickname made Choa come to realization. The power of coming to that realisation pushed her to the back of her bed.

“You’re dating?!”

Choa was always used to seeing Hyejeong pull in different women into their apartment on a nightly basis. Choa felt the surprise when she saw Seolhyun becoming a recurring visitor for Hyejeong’s nightly endeavour, however she always assumed it was for some purpose that was purely ual. Being a creature that has a habit of pairing people on a daily basis, seeing her roommate the player settle down for someone sent feelings of giddiness into her little heart. The giddiness translated to intense squealing into Choa’s poor pillow, a constant victim of similar experiences in the past. Hyejeong glared at Choa’s squealing, but couldn’t do anything else as she was still under Seolhyun’s headlock. She wasn’t complaining, however, since the headlock was gentle and eventually turned into a hug. It sets her head right where she wants it; on her girlfriend’s chest.

Instead Hyejeong just growled quietly, feeling content, yet disgruntled. 

“At least stop squealing,” Hyejeong said. “You’re gonna piss off the neighbours.”

“It’s through a pillow,” Choa exclaimed through the pillow and laughed afterwards before sitting up. She had a very wide smile on her face. “My ‘Dong Dong’ is finally growing up!”

She quickly gave Hyejeong a hug before she or Seolhyun could react, causing Hyejeong to be sandwiched between two, very attractive girls. Hyejeong closed her eyes to savour the moment before her lovely girlfriend could go berserk on her lovely roommate. To lengthen the moment, she hugged both the girls in, making sure her hands were around the hips (causing both to let out shocked yelps), and gave out a small satisfied sound from the back of .

This was bliss for Hyejeong.

“Hey, ert,” Choa called while poking Hyejeong’s head. “Let go of us.”

“D-Dong Dong,” Seolhyun said shyly. “You’re supposed to be loyal to me now…”

Both girls could feel their anger slowly rising when Hyejeong hugged tighter and ignored their words. They gave each other one look and one nod before cracking their knuckles.

Whatever pain may come is worth this moment, Hyejeong thought to herself.