Two of a Kind

Tension

”SHOVE THOSE SHOTS DOWN YOUR THROAT, PARK!”

Both Jimins were stuck in centre of the U-seating of the restaurant as they both downed as many shots of soju as possible. As they snapped their heads up to accomodate easy access for the alcohol to slip past their tongue and down their throats, the rest of their group cheered them on for downing what is possibly their 12th shot. They honestly lost count after a number of shots since they all knew Jimin was going to drink plenty when it comes to a celebration, and that she was going to drag someone else to do it.

What celebration? You may ask. Well AoA just beat Big Bang in the band competition, of course (by an admittedly small margin), and everyone from AoA and the cafe (also Choi Seunghyun)!

So why not the other, male Jimin?

Meanwhile, Choa was still sticking an ice pack to her cheek as she leaned against her boyfriend at the edge of the seat. Her face was pouting in pain and she could watch from afar as she was scared Seolhyun would beat the crap out of her again. Not that she was actually there, since she left as soon as she sent one of the sharpest right hooks the cafe has again to Choa’s face (well, second right after Chanmi’s).

For the second time that day too, the poor blonde thought to herself. Did I actually deserve it?!

“You seem to have unfortunate luck, Choaya,” Seunghyun said as he nuzzled his girlfriend’s hair while helping her press the ice pack to her cheek.”It seems your roommate broke up with her girlfriend, and your best friend is the rebound.”

“Oh woe is me!” Choa tried to fake cry into her Seunghyun’s chest, only for her to accidentally hit her sensitive cheek into his hard chest, sending thunderous pain throughout her face. “Ow…”

“Just be glad you won.” The tall man tipped his girlfriend’s tearful gaze upwards, meeting their eyes on a common level. “I have a thing for giving favours to winners from the competition.”

Choa blinked. 

Favours? Ideas exploded within the old blonde’s head. L-like in my dreams?!

“M-Mew?”

Their hearts stopped as quickly time did. Their table snapped their heads to the couple, causing the couple to snap back to the group. Choa’s eyes widened, squeaking as she hid in the chest of her boyfriend. She was hoping they didn’t hear what she thought she had said.

“Did Choa just meow?”The youngest, swirling her 5th glass of soju, not planning on getting too smashed for the night. “I’m not the only one who heard that right?”

“Get a room already you two!” The shock from the shrill voice forced everyone’s gaze to snap to Jimin. Even the top madame was surprised (amazed even) at the way the young man just screamed out his frustration out of nowhere, seeing as he was mostly shy and nice. “Jeez, you both have so much you’re making me more thirsty than soju. Speaking of which.”

The young Park Jimin downed another shot of soju and glared at his female namesake-counterpart. He raised his glass at her, his head lolling on his shoulders as he sloppily smirked at her. The older Shin Jimin raised an eyebrow, her own head bobbing slightly.

“Your move, Shin.”

The older slit her eyes in an intense glare with the the younger man as they both stared each other down in silent anger. The other table merely sat in awkward tension as they stared at the two with their showdown. The older Jimin then guffawed at his challenge, downed a shot of her own, and clapped him hard on his back. The force of the impact from her hand was hard enough to knock both of the lightweights down onto the table, effectively knocking them out. 

“Well , who’s dragging unnie home?” Chanmi yelled at the rest of the table, assuming second authority over the rest of the table. “It ain’t me, no matter how sober I look.”

“Well all of us drank at least a bottle,” Mina argued, her arm around Youkyung as the drummer was leaning on her shoulder. “How about we each go home with a guy?”

“Uh, both Jimins are knocked out cold,” Taehyung said as he poked both of the same-named duo. “They’re not responding to my pokes.”

“I’m not bringing Jimin home,” Jungkook quickly spoke as he slammed his bottle (of soda) on the table. “Either one is just a no.”

“You’re not even old enough to drink,” Jin said as he patted the youngest in the head with the bottom of his empty shot glass. “Let alone drive any of these idiots home.”

“I’m not taking Jimin either,” Choa called out as she raised a hand in panic. “We have, er, different places that are very far from each other.”

“I can drive 3 other people home,” Seunghyun offered as he raised his own hand. “I swear I didn’t drink.” 

The tall man made a move to hide the 4 empty bottles of soju to the empty seat beside him. Choa helped by hiding the bottles with her sweater, until a waiter asked her to move the sweater so he could pick up the bottles to be disposed of. Choa apologised as the soju Seunghyun had downed were taken away right in front of everyone’s eyes. Yuna groaned and smacked her forehead on the table. The rational one of AoA should’ve been smarter about this.

“We really should’ve thought this out,” she complained. “I got no one to go with.”

“Why don’t we all literally just take a taxi?” Namjoon suggested, swirling his glass of soju in boredom. “My boys and I could walk you guys home or help pay for your taxi. Right guys?”

Namjoon turned to the other table beside them, where Yoongi and Hoseok were seated, eating and drinking in silence. They were both exhausted from their shift at the cafe, and decided to not partake in the pleasantries of drinking with buddies, as they were famished, tired, and slightly irritable. 

“Go yourself,” Yoongi said simply after swallowing some fried chicken. “We’re having a meal. Thank you.”

Hoseok wiped some excess sauce off of the corner of Yoongi’s lips before pouring him another glass of soju.  He was chewing quietly, without going into any of his usual outbursts of sunshine, excitement and happiness. Instead, he looked as if he was contemplating on something, his eyes looking off into some far off memory. He looked at the watch at his hand and sighed.

“I might need to leave soon,” he simply said, his voice low as he stood up. “Gotta get ready for another shift tomorrow.”

“Can you at least bring Jimin with you?” Choa stood quickly and flew to his side, deep concern in her eyes. “I’ll give you a raise.”

Hoseok could only sigh as he walked to the U-table. He didn’t even know why he should carry the tiny bomb, but he decided that the increase in wages (even for only a month) is worth carrying an unconscious, old lady. Well, not entirely unconscious, as with a simple shake on her back coming from Namjoon shot the rapper awake.
“I’m the mothering Top Madame,” she quickly mumbled, before reverting back to a drunken stupor. “God Jimin Diva.”

“Yes, yes you’re the best female rapper alive,” Namjoon said as he humoured her out of the seating. “Hoseok here will take you to your throne in a bit.”

“Call me J-Hope,” he tiredly said with a charming smile. “I’ll light up your way, your majesty.”

Everyone retched at his stupidly cheesy line, shoving the Top Madame to Hoseok to quickly get rid of him. Even Seunghyun, master of smoothness when using even the most mozzarella of lines (Choa could attest to that), cringed horribly into his girlfriend’s lap. Audible groans were heard behind him as Hoseok carried female Jimin away from the table, causing the boy to just grin widely. His job was done, and he sighed out the fake smile into the night sky. He looked to the left to see a beautiful angel glare at him, as if he was a demon destined back into hell. Her eyes were puffy and bloodshot, and Hoseok could still hear the tiny sobs from behind her gritted teeth. The woman grabbed Jimin roughly away from him, causing Hoseok to fall down from being caught off guard.

“She’s mine,” the angel declared quietly. “You’re not bringing her home away from me to do vile things.”

“As if I would even want to take her home,” he retorted to the rude girl. “She has nothing to give to me anyways.”

“Then you fail to see her worth.” 

The younger girl tried to bring Jimin away, by handing one of the older’s arms over her, and carrying her by her chest. Hoseok could only sigh, before standing up and helping her carry Jimin. He still wanted to get paid by Choa, and he does not want to get fired for giving the owner away to some pretty stranger. The girl shot a dirty look at him, but Hoseok shot an even dirtier look back, silencing her and forcing her to look away.

“Choa paid me to get her home anyway,” Hoseok said. “And if I don’t, I would probably get fired.”

“You work at the cafe?” The girl’s expression instantly changed, from anger to worry. “Is Jimin going to be okay with all the women there?”

“I… think so?” Hoseok was confused at the way she phrased her question. “I mean, they’re too busy drooling over me and my friends to care about any other employees.”

“Oh thank god!” Seolhyun laughed in relief, her feet tempted to jumping but she was still carrying a mindless Jimin. “I can sleep in peace now.”

“What, are you like dating her?” Hoseok meant it as a joke, but the sideways look the girl gave him told him otherwise. “Wait, really?”

“My name is Seolhyun, and I’m the Top Madame’s, er, madame,” the girl introduced herself, giggling slightly at the words she used. “She’s mine, and mine forever.”

“Huh,” Hoseok said, suspicious at the sudden change in demeanour from the angel. “You’re a bit too happy to find out that my boss wouldn’t be able to like someone else.”

“I’m surprised that you’re not surprised that we’re in a lesbian relationship,” Seolhyun said bluntly, trying to change the subject. “Most people would be dumbstruck with shock.”

“Because love is love,” Hoseok said, his voice lowering sadly. “At some point everyone gets a chance for perfection, only for it to be shattered in front of your eyes.”

They both stopped.

“You know it too, huh?” Hoseok asked, seeing the familiar look in Seolhyun’s eyes. “Someone took that love away from you and gave it to someone else.”

He could hear the small sobs across the tiny girl. 

“Well, you’re not alone,” Hoseok said as he reached across Jimin to pat Seolhyun’s hair. “Talk to me when you need to, later. Right now let’s carry our… ‘Top Madame’ home.”