When He First Walked In...

Tension

She had her eyes hooked on him as he walked by, his sharp features capturing her vision. A short-haired blonde looked across from the window of her cafe, her heart rate rising the longer she stared at the handsome man walking his way. His hair was gelled upwards and cut finely, his eyes lost in deep thought as he looked forward and his mouth slightly open as if to think of ways to utter words in a voice she could only imagine to be beautiful. She sighed and leaned on the table she was wiping, a cloth in one gloved hand with a a spray bottle in the other. What seemed like hours, but was only a few minutes, passed after her daydream when she felt a fist colliding with her shoulder, knocking her far from her daily fantasies of the same man that passes by. She quickly gave a glare to the one who punched her, to which she was met with a similar glare from behind. 

The top madame (as she once referred to herself in a drunken state, the blonde remembered with amusement) was not amused by her recent behaviour.

“Choa-unnie,” the boss reprimanded. “Stop looking like that, you’re scaring away the customers.” 

The eldest look back to the empty cafe, with its brick walls and barren seats and tables, and scowled at her younger boss. She was about the same height (as they’re both short), with short brown hair. She was wearing the uniform that was the same as Choa’s, which was an olive dress with black aprons. Before Choa could retort anything to counter her boss, she was interrupted by the incoming visitor in the window.

It was that man.

She shoved her boss away and stood by the door as he walked in. He was somewhat surprised by the quickness and sudden appearance of a waiter to his entrance, especially one with such a very bright smile. She bowed as he nodded and gestured him into any table he wished. He kept it easy and had Choa led him to a window seat. As he got himself seated, Choa excitedly pulled out a notepad and a pen. Her hands were shaking, which was very visible to the infuriated and confused boss as she stood next to the counter. Her expression was a mix of the aforementioned emotions along with a hint of worry in her eyes as she leaned on the counter.

“Don’t worry, Jimin-unnie.” A girl across the counter with long hair tied in a ponytail was looking across the counter to witness a love-smitten blonde as she spoke with a customer while wiping one of the various mugs the cafe housed. She had a smile on her face as she pulled her brunette hair. Her mature face gave way a small hopeful look. “It’s just Choa-unnie meeting the man of her dreams.”

Jimin nearly choked as she heard the statement. She gave a stunned look to the other girl as she looked back with a reassuring smile.

“What the hell, Yuna?!” She could feel the surprised stares coming from the customer and Choa, the latter of which also had a very slight glare in her gaze. As Jimin sputtered to keep her conversation regular with Yuna, Choa returned to the handsome man sitting in her cafe.

Oh my god, she exclaimed to herself. He’s actually sitting here and ordering and I’m actually taking his order and his voice is just so deep and his eyes are just so-

“Excuse me,” said the customer, his voice pulled her out of her thoughts and Choa immediately stood attention and stiffened herself. 

“Yes?” She mentally slapped herself for going off in her head.

“I asked if you have any special charms?”

The 3 employees in the shop sputtered at the customer’s question, the ones near the counter doing so much more quietly. Choa was stiffened posture was immediately released and she was shaking all over, and slightly sweating from nervousness.

“E-e-excuse me?” Choa stuttered horribly. “Ch-ch-ch-charms?”

“As in do you do any special cute movements to your customers or do any special requests?” The customer clarified. “Within your limits of course.”

Choa looked back to her boss who was nodding furiously with the widest grin on her face. In truth, the cafe was just a simple place with a simple brick-and-mortar and nature theme with simple offerings but really good coffee and customer service. Doing cutesy things like in a Japanese maid cafe is not something that the cafe employees did, but as soon Choa turned back to answer the man, but was caught off guard by the slight smirk and wide, interested eyes he gave. Choa felt the tempo of her heart rise quickly at such a simple look and felt the sounds of blood pumping in her ears. She felt her heart dropped as fast as it pumped.

“Well,” Choa began uneasily. “Normally we don’t do it in this establishment, but since you’re the only customer here…”

Choa looked back to Yuna nodding with Jimin in perfect unison as they gave her the green light. Choa looked back to see the customer chuckling at the two employees, to which she heard two sighs from behind her. She would give them a glare but she has a customer waiting on her. She’ll torture them later. Choa breathed in deeply and gave her signature shining smile.

“What would like to see, sir?” She felt shoulders shaking despite her attempts to keep her composure.

The man leaned back in his chair, extending out one leg and lifted a hand to his chin in contemplation. He raised an eyebrow in deep thought as he stared at the slightly sweating employee, who was not used to such smouldering gazes and felt herself melting from one. 

And here I was, daydreaming about him daily as he walked by, and now I get to perform cute things for him out of the blue! Wait, he’s not a psycho ert is he…?

Choa was incredibly worried now and as she was about to turn back to scream for help with her eyes, she heard a slight cough from the customer. Worried, she was about to ask if she could help when he straightened himself on his seat and steeled his gaze into her’s.

Oh my god those eyes though…

“Like a cat,” he said. Choa blinked once. Twice. She still couldn’t comprehend what he said. She didn’t pay attention to the other employees laughing in the background

“Excuse me?” Choa was sure she misheard him. She wasn’t sure if he meant to get on all his and be his puss (as Jimin would have put it), or to come home with him then get on all fours (as Choa would love to), or if he was comparing her to a cat, and more possibilities arose her head.

Maybe he meant ‘like a cat would claw my eyes out’.

The man was taken aback at his statement, and looked down at his lack of tact.

“Sorry,” he apologised quickly with downtrodden eyes, causing Choa’s heart to fall in guilt. “I meant if you could act like a cat, simply. Like…”

He demonstrated by doing a little swipe at his hair with curled fingers, and eliciting a cute, yet deep, little “meow”. His eyes, though trying to convey a cute expression, instead conveyed one of intense desire for the poor, blonde waitress. After seeing such a sight, Choa froze in space, her eyes becoming completely unfocused as she replayed the action in her several times. With each time, she concentrated more and more on those smouldering eyes looking at her with that look of desire, to which she couldn’t place how a finger on how she felt. Not like she could really feel anything anymore since she was so numb because of the intense desire in those big, charming eyes. She gasped as she realised that she stood like statue, not breathing for a full minute.

She squeaked when she felt tight grips on her wrists. She looked down when she saw fluffy handcuffs on her wrists. Her eyes widened when she looked back up at the towering man in front of her. He leaned into her an paralysed her with his gaze. Choa’s coworkers gasped at his sudden action.

“You are under arrest,” the man said softly. “For assaulting my heart with your charms.”

Before she could try to push him off, his face left her vision quickly and she felt a pleasurable pain on her right ear.

 

“CHOA!”

The vocalist woke up in shotgun seat of Youkyung's van, her heart rapidly pumping adrenaline. She looked around and saw the cases of all of AoA's instruments, remembering that she had slept as soon as she and Mina left right after their own performance due to exhaustion from the night before and also for wanting to go back to working the cafe. She sighed, one in relief at being able to escape the dream, but also in disappoint for escaping the dream. She pouted, only for the driver to punch her shoulder. She then glared at Mina, who was driving the van in the the street and also had an angry expression.

“You were and muttering in your sleep,” Mina justified. "You better check your pants before we arrive to the cafe since it sounded like you had a wet dream."

Choa only sat in silence, embarrassment keeping her tongue bitten. Her arms moved on their own and she started assaulting the tiny driver. The van remained unharmed and stayed a moderate pace that betrayed a calm that it’s interior doesn’t portray.

Good driving, Mina.


A/N: DeanZedd here.

Thank you readers for reading this (god-awful) fic, and a belated Happy New Year's for everybody! The dream was actually a first draft of the first chapter of this story and how I originally wanted the story to go. However, I watched Scott Pilgrim again decided that I didn't have as much of a choice in story direction with the original, so I went with the way it is now instead. Hopefully, this year would be an age of new chapters and hopefully (not) more new fics from my aging mind. 

Thanks again for reading, and have venture bravely into this journey of a new year!