Bangtan Host Club. Sort of.

Tension

Choa’s jaw was fully slacked at the sight of the host club.

Sorry, not host club; she was shocked at the sight of Jimin’s cafe filled with women and being served by incredibly handsome men. She and Jimin were only gone for a day, and the entire atmosphere of the place had changed dramatically, from a calm and warm place of relaxation to a bustling, lively room Choa could only describe as a laid back strip club. 

Her eyes were widened as they followed the seven boys in various outfits, ranging from suits, to military uniforms, to school uniforms, to even a traditional Korean hanbok (she frowned in disbelief when she saw Jimin enacting aegyo to some of the girls in the outfit). While none of them could compare to the attractiveness of her own boyfriend (much to her own mirth), she still couldn’t help but feel stricken by just the way they look so naturally handsome. 

Damn, Choa thought to herself before laughing in her mind. Jimin’s going to love this.

One of the waiters, this one with brown hair, walked up to her and bowed before giving a wide grin to her. He was wearing a navy military officer’s uniform, with some medallions pinned over his heart. He took her hand gently and brought her to an empty table.

“May I take your order?” he asked smoothly, his deep voice sending a very slight shiver down her spine. “I am V, and I will be your waiter for today.”

He then leaned, looking left and right before going closer to her ear.

“I can also take you out of this world, if you want.”

The whisper made her heart flutter and pulled the breath right out of her lungs. She was relieved that T.O.P. wasn’t here, otherwise she doesn’t her restaurant to be trashed by an ensuing fight. She could only smile at the younger man, and nodded at his statement.

“You do know I work here, right?” Choa raised her eyebrow as her smile turned into a smirk, and was gleeful to see the young employee taken aback by the statement. “You can ask Chanmi- oh there she is!”

She waved her arm wildly to grab the younger’s attention, with the latter busily making coffee at the cappuccino machine. As soon as she was done, Chanmi looked up to see the ahjumma waving at her, causing her to facepalm. Well, she couldn’t really hide the fact that they both made eye contact, could she?

With a growl, she pulled Jungkook in with a murderous glare as he came back from serving the employees.

“You’re making coffee until I get back here, understood?” The low tone brought fear into the younger man’s eyes as he quickly moved to her place when she pushed him out to make her way to Choa. She put on a smile to feign innocence, and to disguise the dread within the pit of her stomach. Chanmi couldn’t believe that she went on with Jin’s idea, and even though it was profitable, she thought the owners wouldn’t find out. Even when they dropped by in the morning to make sure everything was running smoothly and to check up on the new employees, they didn’t suspect a thing could happen that was out of the ordinary. If it did, Chanmi’s head was on the block for it.

The world slowed as soon as she left the counter. Each footstep echoed to bring time back to its original pace. During the time it took from the counter to Choa’s table, Chanmi thought of every possible response, reaction, and apologies in case Choa said something bad. She envisioned the restaurant going to tatters, tables being flipped and chairs being thrown as the might ahjumma threw her cute and calm exterior in a rage that the cafe was ruined. 

Chanmi came to knew that it was always the quiet ones.

Time quickened as she took the seat, almost too quickly. The rush shocked her and almost made miss landing her on the chair. She cursed under her breath, and looked quickly to Choa to make sure that she didn’t react to her embarrassment. She looked around, making sure no one else saw the temporary boss’ mistake. Chanmi then breathed in deeply before calmly letting the breath loose, calming herself for the storm.

“‘Sup, unnie?”

Hoseok nearly tripped when he heard Chanmi speaking like that, shooting a dirty look to his boss. How dare she speak like that to a gorgeous guest? He muttered something angrily under his breath, hoping Chanmi didn’t notice. If she did, he was either gonna be thrown out on the street or get his kicked in front of all these pretty people. 

Or both. 

And he didn’t want that to happen.

He couldn’t stop staring at the cute blonde however, and the way her elegance and face just helped to somehow literally brighten the cafe. Those deep eyes, the cute nose, and the radiant lips. Hoseok finally understood why “Eyes, Nose, Lips” was such a thing. His gaze held by the angel talking to her boss, to the point where he nearly crashed into Jin on his way to the counter. The eldest of the boys pushed him out of his reverie, causing him to blink. 

“Jin-hyung!” Hoseok gripped tightly onto Jin’s navy blazer jacket. “Who’s the angel that’s talking to our demon of a boss?”

Jin stuck his head out to get a better look at Choa as she was talking to a bashful Chanmi. He raised an eyebrow as he tried to remember her name, and who she actually was. He saw in the morning when she was talking with Chanmi, but the name was just at the tip of his tong-

That tongue though, Jin thought when she saw Choa her lips (to Chanmi’s embarrassment). Wait!

“That’s Choa-noona, one of the owners of this cafe, Hoseok.” Hoseok snapped his head back to the older blonde, his hearteu not being able to take such a beauty. “She has a boyfriend if I’m not mistaken.”

The younger of the two dropped onto his knees, tears building up at the corners of his eyes. The sound was audible enough for nearby ladies to see the fallen waiter. His hearteu just shattered into a million pieces.

“Why, hyung?” Hoseok lamented quietly, before quickly brightening. “Wait, that must mean she must know some really pretty friends!”

“Like Chanmi?” Jin asked teasingly, raising an eyebrow and revealing a devilish smirk. “Our demon of a boss?”

Hoseok leered at Jin. 

“Oh right,” The older realized, mockingly rest a finger on his clean chin. “You don’t know that.”

“I just got out of a relationship,” Hoseok said, becoming hostile very quickly. “I don’t need another vampire in my life.”

“Oh, you’d want the angel then?” Jin teased further. “The one that would certainly turn both of you into demons if you go for her.”

“She makes me feel holy just by looking at her, hyung.” Hoseok looked back to Choa for relief from his dark thoughts, and sighed. “I can’t handle it.”

The hyung ruffled his hair. 

“Get back to work,” Jin ordered him calmly. “Maybe you can make a good enough impression.”

He blinked before seeing a blank space where Hoseok was standing. He looked around, trying to find the troubled young man that just disappeared. He finally found him, at the side of the aforementioned blonde with a cup of tea in hand, which she took graciously. Jin could only shake his head. 

Young love, he thought to himself. Oh how I miss you so.

“You’ve certainly improved the cafe by leaps and bounds, young Chanmi.” Choa sat up straight as she took a sip of the tea, feeling a warmth within her that was followed by a very soft, but noticeable shiver of pleasure going down her spine. “This tea is amazing, and the boys you’re charged with are certainly…”

Choa looked around at the new male employees with their various uniforms and grinned at the sight of them, and the way they interacted animatedly with the (mostly female) customers. The cafe could only be described as brighter, with a lively atmosphere and equally lively people. She was trying to come up with a way to describe how good Chanmi was doing, but words failed her. 

“Well.” Choa gave up looking for the words. “Jimin’s gonna love this.”

“Really?!” Chanmi brightened up, an excited smile almost pulling her out of her seat. “I-I thought I screwed up.”

“Oh, no,” Choa interjected before looking around. “I’m sure Jimin would certainly love all the customers.”

Literally, she would love all of them.

Chanmi gripped her fist in achievement, happy to hear at how she was making good progress. She was imagining the raise she could potentially get, and with that, all the different sneakers she might get. 

Bred IVs, here I come!

“But I’m not just here to check up on the cafe.” Choa leaned, her hypnotic gaze beckoning Chanmi to lean in suspended breath. “I’m also here for another concern.”

Chanmi raised an eyebrow, confusion and ideas popping up in her head.

“What is that?”

“You.”

Chanmi leaned back silently, her eyes widened and her back stiffened. 

“Any guys here to your fancy?”