The Promise

Scintillating Twilight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2:

The Promise 

Deep cuts and wounds found on his frail, lifeless body lying on the bed with an open notebook beside him where different words of hatred are inside it. His hand holding a knife as the other hold a pen to write, while the blood continues to slowly drip on the cold cement floor together with the broken pieces of glass scattered on it. 

Death.

It was written on the notebook. He wants death, he wants death to find him, he wants death to end his miserable life here in the cruel world; for he only see death as his sweetest escape from now.

Kill.

He wants to kill himself; He desires to kill himself just like how he wants death to find him.

Pain.

That is why he finally gave up, the pain doesn’t go away.

Donghae.

And that’s what keeps him alive; it’s Donghae after all; the reason why he fights every day and continues living, because he hopes that Donghae will find him one day. Even though, if he's lying in a hospital bed if that time comes, he doesn't care. After all, he needs Donoghue.

"Hyukjae." he mumbles as he closes his eyes, wanting to remember how it sounds like to him, if Donghae calls him by his name.

"Donghae, where are you?" Hyukjae asked.

"Donghae, I need you!" he shouted helplessly.

"Donghae, I want to die." Hyukjae sobbed, "Donghae, I hate this! I hate this world!" 

"Donghae..."

Hyukjae just sobbed, crying out loud. He doesn't know if everything will be alright. He maybe is now in Seoul but, his life in America that turned his normal life into a miserable one will never be forgotten for him. 

After a series of events and continuous problems in his school in America and their family problems, he finally gave up.

It all started when he leaves Seoul and Donghae.

 

"Hyukjae!" Donghae shouted.

"Hyuk, you'll come back, right?" 

"Hyukjae!" Donghae shouted once again, waiting for Hyukjae to turn around and answer his question.

Hyukjae then tried his best to not show any sadness in his eyes as he turned around to see Donghae holding his tears.

"Hyuk..." Donghae whispers.

Hyukjae showed his gummy smile, "Of course, I'll come back, Donghae." he assures him.

After that, He and Donghae didn't see each other anymore but, now his back. He's back in Seoul. He's back to wait for Donghae, to wait for Donghae because now. He needs his best friend more than anything. He needs Lee Donghae, his best friend and his first love. 

Then after he and his family leave Seoul to live in America, his parents got divorce. 

"Father, please." Hyukjae plead, hugging his father as tightly as he can. 

"Hyukjae, come on. Let's go inside." said his mother, pulling him away from his father finally leaving them. 

"No, let me go!" Hyukjae shouted, struggling to get out of his mother's hold. 

"Hyukjae, everything will be alright. I'm here. I'm still with you, your father is just the one who has to leave." his mom said.

Hyukjae cried, pulling his mother in a tight embrace, "Why is it like this?" 

He let his father walk away, until he no longer sees the figure of a man which is his father leaving them and not coming back, and not knowing why that happened. They are a happy family once but, once they moved here in America everything changes, his mom and dad always fight and it led to divorce in the end. 

Leaving Hyukjae and his mom alone until his mother died, and Hyukjae knows he's alone now.

"Mom, you won't leave me alone, right?" Hyukjae said holding his mother's hand. 

Stage 4, Brain Cancer. 

"Hyukjae, I'm sorry." 

"What are you sorry for, Mom? I know you won't leave me alone." he said, even trying to deceive him from the truth. 

"Hyukjae, I'm tired now. I want to sleep." his mom said, trying hard to speak even though she's still stuttering.

"Sleep, Mom."

Hyukjae knows it's finally goodbye. 

Then every single day became a deceitful lie, covered by a veil saying that everything will be alright. Even though, it's impossible now to be okay especially, if the one you love is finally gone. When death finally takes your love away from you but, his pain doesn't end there. 

There is still m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter