Seven

Love Is So Hard [HIATUS]

~

 

DAEHYUN POV

 

I was laying on the bench near at the school park while listening to 'Like A Movie' song by 40 and Lim Jeong Hee. I memorised the way the singer sang the beautiful song as I'm humming along. I closed my eyes and suddenly my thought went to the blonde boy. My lips instantly curved into a small smile. I brought my right hand to the chest as I can feel that my heart beats not in usual rythm. Then I heard a clicking sound made by someone's finger. I opened my eyes and looked at the person who interrupting my alone time. 

"Yongguk hyung." I get up into a sitting position. 

"Why are you smiling, Daehyunie? Is something good happen, hmm?" Yongguk showed his gummy smile as he sits beside me. 

"Nope. Why are you here, hyung? Where is Himchan hyung?" I looked around to find Himchan. Usually they are together but I'm not seeing him. 

"I'm looking my little brother here. Himchan is at the cafeteria with Youngjae and the others. Aren't you eating?"

"I already ate before. My class suddenly got cancel. I'm sorry for not texting you", I apologized.

"It's okay. Hey, tell me. Why are you smiling? It's not so you." Yongguk give me a suspicious look. I chuckled.

"Nothing. I'm just thinking, hyung."

Yongguk clearly not satisfied with my answer but decided not to push me further. Then, I noticed his face turned into a bit gloomy. He watched me as he seems hesitant to say something.

"Daehyun-ah."

"Hmm, hyung?"

"I got a text a while ago." I looked at him while raising my eyebrow. 

"Erm.. your parents are going back to Korea this month." he finally told me with a careful voice. 

 

~

 

YONGGUK POV

 

I saw Daehyun's face changed slightly after I told him. Actually, I don't want to told him as he might be sad but now I'm regret. Daehyun doesn't like to talk about his parents because they abandoned him since he were 6. They left him into my family and leave the country to the New York. They surely give us a lot of money in order to take care of him. It's not that they don't love Daehyun but the fact that they choose work over him making Daehyun thinks that he is not important. Daehyun's mother sometimes called my parents to ask if he's doing fine. So, that's why he was so cold towards people. He technically grown up with no showing any emotion.

At first, it's hard to make him comfortable around me because he keeps his distance with my family on the day he was sending to my house. Since being a single child I was, I welcomed him into my life as I was too happy to have a younger brother. I made a lot of effort just to make him feel that I was besides him, that he was not alone. Then, the day continued as he finally opened up to me.

"When is it, hyung?"

"About 2-3 weeks later. I'm not sure because your mother wanted to be surprise.. that what she said."

He then shut his mouth as he thinks about something. I watched his facial expression that already goes to his usual poker face. He stared blankly. I then wrapped my arm around his shoulder and patting on it.

"Daehyunie, hyung was here. Besides you. You know that right?", I repeat the same word I told him whenever he feels sad about his parents. He looked down.

"W-why they need to comeback? I'm not important to them."

"No. You are important to them but they are just not mature to think back then. That's why they left. But they are still caring about you as their only son."

"I-I don't know how I am supposed to do when I meet them." Daehyun told me quietly.

"Don't worry. I'll be besides you. Always. Hyung promised you before", I formed a smile and ruffled his hair. He looked up as he smiled back. 

"Thank you, hyung. You are the best." he showed me a thumbs up. I chuckled.

 

~

 

YOUNGJAE POV

 

The five of us except Daehyun are currently at the shopping mall after Himchan asked to hang out together when the school end. I was asking if Daehyun will tagging along because I am not seeing him anywhere today. Yongguk just said that Daehyun couldn't joined us. I felt a little sad hearing that but didn't asked further. I am wondering where he could be. If he sick or what?

"Hyung, why are you seems little off?", Junhong asked me as I snapped out. Everyone looked at me with a curious face. I just put on a small smile and shook my head a little.

"I'm thinking of Da-- eh, hom-homework. Yes, homework."

"Ah Youngjae, loosen up! Homework can wait! Just enjoying this time. After all, tomorrow is Saturday. That's means no school." Himchan said with his smile.

"Himchan hyung is right. Let's go to that store! There is so many cute things that I'm sure you loves it hyung!", Junhong dragged me along with Jongup. Yongguk and Himchan then followed us from behind. I noticed that Yongguk seems always looking at his phone and looks like texting someone.

After entering the store, I was completely amused with all the cute things there. I let go of my hands as I'm wandering around the store before stopping in front of a white teddy bear. I squealed to the bear and take it into my arms. I always loves teddy bear because it so fluffy and too cute to resist. I kept kissing without noticing that someone already stand besides me.

"You likes that teddy bear so much to notice me, hmm?" a familiar voice stopped me from whatever I'm doing. I looked besides me before my eyes turned to wide.

"Daehyun! How comes you are here?"

He chuckled slightly but didn't answer my question. Instead, he takes the teddy bear in my arms and examined it with amused face. The teddy bear looks about my size same with the one I had at home.

"Do you want this?" Daehyun asked me. I smiled widely.

"I want but I already have one at home. Her name is Areum because she's pretty." I told him happily. I caressed at the top of the teddy bear. 

"I'll buy it for you then." He brought the teddy bear to the counter as I was stunned with his action. Then, I quickly hold his arms before he can pull out his wallet.

"It's okay, Daehyun-ah. I didn't want it truthfully."

"No. I'll buy it for you. My gift, okay?", his sincere gaze making me hard to say no. I nodded. Then, he continued giving his credit card to the cashier. The cashier watched at us back and forth with a smile.

"You both look cute together. Are you couple?", she asked while doing her work.

"No-no, no. He is my friend only." I replied in awkward state. Being a Daehyun, he doesn't show any reaction towards question. 

"Oh really? I'm sorry then. And thank you for buying. Please do come here later", she apologized before handing Daehyun the teddy bear. I just waved my hands, saying not need to say sorry. We bowed to her and making way out of the store.

"Here my gift" Daehyun held out the fluffy thing to me as I took it with a shy smile.

"Thank you. I'm sorry for using your money."

"No need. I want to give to you since you likes it a lot."

"Hmm, okay. Where the others? Why are you here anyways? Yongguk hyung said that you won't join us." I couldn't help but ask out of curiosity. We walked next to each other as I hugged the teddy bear.

"Yongguk hyung texted me. He said you looks gloomy because I'm not here. So, I want to make you happy by coming. The others already went somewhere which I don't know", he shoved his hands inside the pocket. I scoffed hearing his answer.

"I am not." I denied. I took a glance on him as he turned to me. I hides my smile.  

"Really? Would you be happy if I'm not here? I guess I'm not that important then", he looked down. I swear that I saw the school prince just pouted! He's adorable. 

"I'm kidding. Why you took it seriously? You are no fun in teasing." I nudged his elbow with a playful smile on my face. He smiled a bit and didn't talked after that.

We continued walking around the mall. I'm a bit worry after seeing that Daehyun seems in his own little world. I was wondering if I made him sad because of my jokes just now. 

"Hey, Daehyun-ah. I'm sorry for joking. Of course you makes me happy. I am alone before you came because they are with their partner. Don't be sad", I looked at him a puppy eyes, hoping he forgives me.

"No, it's okay, Youngjae. I'm not sad about you. Something got in my mind today." he reassured me as he ruffled my hair.

"Are you okay? You know you can tell me if it bothers you."

"I'm okay. Let me send you home now", Daehyun grabbed one of my hands. I shut my mouth, respecting his decision if he doesn't want to tell me. Deep inside of me, I wish he will opened up to me since we are friends, right?

 

~


Here the update! :) 

Have I told you that I will further my study to degree? So, after this I might not be able to update everyday but I'll try make it sometimes, okay?

This is the link of video 'Like A Movie' which is Daehyunie sang before --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXyEAGHMxvU . I think this song is suit well to Daehyun's voice because I loves the way he sang it beautifully and full of emotion. :)

Please SUBSCRIBE and do COMMENTS! It make me smile :)