Eleven

Love Is So Hard [HIATUS]

DAEHYUN POV

 

I was in my bedroom while watching a music show on the TV when suddenly a knock sound filled my ears. As lazy I am, I just shout ‘Come in!’ with no interest who is it behind the door.

“Can mummy come in?”, Mrs Jung popped up his head. I immediately sat up when seeing my mother and nodded. She entered the room while bringing a glass of milk in her hand. She gives me the glass with a smile on her face. She sit on my bed as I take a sip from the milk to show a respect to her.

“You loves music too. Like daddy.” She comments when she saw the music show was airing now. I hummed in reply. She takes the glass back to put on the nightstand beside my bed before looking at me.

“Is d-daddy already sleep?”, I stuttered the word ‘daddy’ as I still not used to call it. Plus, I don’t want to make it awkward situation even they already here for 2 weeks.

“Nope yet. He has some document to sign in. How was your school, hmm?”, My mother remove my bangs to the side.

“I-it’s fine.”

“You are really handsome. Don’t you have a girl or boy yet?”, She asked with a teasing smile on her face. I flustered with her question and looked down.

“N-nope. I don’t really like anyone.” My ears begin to turn red as I suddenly remembered Youngjae.

“Really? Mummy doubt that. So, who is this boy here?”, Mrs Jung pointed out a picture of me and Youngjae on the nightstand. I was surprised with her action and couldn’t bring myself to say anything.

“He is cute. What is his name?”, She looked at the picture amusedly.

“Youngjae. Yoo Youngjae.” I introduced him to my mother shyly.

“You likes him, don’t you? No need to shy. Your secret save with mummy”, Mrs Jung winked at her son.

“N-no. H-he is just a friend. I-I don’t likes him th-that way”, I denied it and scolds myself from stuttering.

“Eyy, don’t lie, Daehyunie. Mummy has instinct. Anyways, can mummy meet him? He must be really cute in real life.  Even in this picture, he such a photogenic person”, She replied while still looking at it. He is, mummy.

“I ask him later. When is it?”, I kind of excited to bring Youngjae to my home as he never been here neither in my apartment before. Well, after my parents comeback here, I moved to their house.

“Someone seems excited, huh? How about this weekend? I could bake your favourite cheesecake too.”

Hearing the cheesecake, I feel lightened up as I nodded while smiling to my mother. This is the first time I feel comfortable with her. She ruffled my hair.

“Now, time to go bed. You have school tomorrow, right?”, She turned off the television.

“But, it still early. I was watching it before you disturb me”, I pouted. I took a glance on the clock which showed 11pm.

“Drink your milk and go to bed. You have to wake up early.” She handed me back the glass as I drank it all. She wiped my lip.

“I always wake up early without anyone ask me to get up. I lived alone yet”, I spoke unconsciously without noticing my mother’s face changed to sad. She suddenly hugged me.

“Mummy is sorry, Daehyunie. You must be lonely. I’m sorry for leaving you. Really sorry, honey.”

I was caught off guard when I realized my word before.

“N-no. I—I’m sorry, mummy. I’m sorry for making you sad. I take back my word--”

“No, you don’t have to. Mummy and daddy had make the mistake. Trust me. We are coming back for you. We are guilty”, She released the hug as she tried to wipe her tears. I hold her back and wiping the tears that still falling down on her face.

“I’m not mad now but I still need a time to accept both of you. So, please wait a little till I welcomed you”, I told in a calm voice. She nodded understanding it.

“Now, sleep. I’m sorry for disturbing your time”, Mrs Jung helped her son get into the blanket and caressing Daehyun’s hair. She feel like tucked her son who still in 3 years old. After all, she want to spoil and gives all her love to Daehyun that she didn’t do before.

“Erm.. can you sing a lullaby for me?”, I asked hesitantly while looking sleepily to her.

“Of course, why not? I should be doing that”, She gave a gentle smile towards me. As soon she started singing, I closed my tired eyes and listening to her sweet voice before dozing off easily.

Mrs Jung kissed Daehyun’s forehead and cheeks after confirming that her son already entered into the dreamland.

“Mummy loves you.”    

 

~

 

NO ONE POV

 

Youngjae was making his way to the usual table he sat when someone tapped his shoulder from behind. A guy was standing with a smile spreading on his face. Youngjae made a confuse face as he think he never seen this guy before.

“Hi Youngjae. Remember me? The one who ask you about the school office?”, Woohyun said.

Youngjae scrunched up his nose as suddenly the thought of the incident comes to his mind.

“Ah! Sorry, I couldn’t remember you. Your name…?”

“Woohyun. How could you? Anyways, are you alone? Can I join you?”, Woohyun asked.

“Err… actually, I’m with my friend. Is that okay?”

“Yeah, nice! I don’t have many friends though.” Youngjae smiled before leading the ways to the table where Himchan and the others.

“Hyung, who is this now?”, Junhong frowned. He’s getting worried when Youngjae got too many friends after knowing Daehyun, Himchan and Yongguk. For him, the trio were okay since Jongup also knew them and he himself become closer to them except Daehyun.

“I’m Woohyun. Transfer student here.” He takes a sit beside Youngjae.

“Youngjae’s brother, Yoo Junhong.” Junhong gives a look that he doesn’t like this guy. Jongup just give a simple smile. Himchan and Yongguk also introduced in not so interesting way. Woohyun was in an awkward situation that time. He knew that he is not welcomed there.

“Sorry. They always be like this”, Youngjae apologized.

“No, no. It’s okay. Let’s eat.”

Before Youngjae can take a bite of his sandwich, Daehyun suddenly comes to their table but he was halted when seeing Woohyun.

“Oh, Daehyun-ah. You are here”, Himchan greets him cheerfully. Woohyun looked up from his food after hearing Himchan’s voice. His eyes meet with Daehyun’s angry eyes. He smirked.

“Long time no see…”, Woohyun get up from his seat.

“Jung. Dae. Hyun”, he finished it word by word. Daehyun doesn’t pleased at all with the presence of Woohyun.

“Why are you here?”, Daehyun’s cold voice makes Youngjae wondering what is going on.

“I’m transfer student. Why? Doesn’t you should welcome me with open heart?”

“You are not welcome at all. You knew it.”

“Ouchh, that’s hurt. Anyways, are they your friends?”, Woohyun glanced to all of them who stayed at the table. Daehyun shuts his mouth.

“Daehyun-ah, you know Woohyun?”, Youngjae interrupted. He was worried because Daehyun’s face seems want to punch Woohyun at anytime. Before Daehyun could answer, Yongguk suddenly get up.

“Hyung remember now. Calm yourself”, Yongguk whisper lowly to Daehyun and patted his younger brother.

“Daehyunie? Why? Is there something wrong?”, Youngjae asked. Junhong watched his brother’s expression. He wanted to know if Youngjae seriously in love with this cold prince.

Ignoring Youngjae, he stands in front of Woohyun dangerously close. Woohyun just smirked.

“If you come near to one of my friends, you know what happen right? Don’t let history haunted you, Nam. Woo. Hyun”, Daehyun warned before grabbing Youngjae’s hand. Youngjae was surprised with the sudden action as he couldn’t helped but follow Daehyun. Junhong wants to follow them but Himchan was fast enough to stop him.

“Hyung! He takes Youngjae hyung!” Junhong complained disbelieve.

“Just let them be, Junhong-ah. Daehyun wouldn’t do anything. Loosen yourself”, Himchan replied.

“But—“

“Eat, Junhong-ah.”, Himchan put a spoon of rice to Junhong’s mouth that makes him stopped talking.

 

~

 

Arriving to the rooftop, the cold prince released Youngjae’s hand which he hopes Daehyun doesn’t do that. Daehyun was backfacing him as Youngjae’s thought that the older want to calm himself.

“Are you okay?”, He comes next to Daehyun and try to see his expression which is failed. Daehyun kept his poker face.

“Who is he to you? Both of you seems to know each other well.” Youngjae continued. His heart was beating nervously because he doesn’t used with Daehyun being like this. He was scared if he said wrongly, Daehyun will snapped to him.

“How can you know him?” Finally Daehyun opened his mouth. The cold prince was looking at him now. It makes Youngjae becomes more nervous than before.

“Huh? I-I was showing him to the school office. Just a simple and I never think will meet him again today. So… just like that.” Youngjae said in caution. At the same time, he noticed that Daehyun’s hair doesn’t styled up like usual. He just let the bangs cover his forehead and his left eye slightly.

There, once again. Youngjae doesn’t like this feeling. It makes him uncomfortable to act as himself in front of Daehyun.

“W-why? What happen? Is Wooh—“

“Don’t say his name”, Daehyun warned.

“Wooahh. I’m sorry. Okay, I won’t ask about him since I don’t have right.” Youngjae defeated. Daehyun wanted to correct Youngjae but he don’t know how to say it. So, he choose to shut his mouth. Deep inside his heart, he already put Youngjae in some special place.

“So, I guess I should go back to the others?”, Youngjae makes an innocent face which Daehyun couldn’t help but smile secretly.

“Wait. I brought you here because I have something to say.”

Youngjae raised his single brow as asking what it is through his action. However, something amused himself. For the first time in his life, Youngjae could see Daehyun being nervous with him. Daehyun cleared his throat and tried to look everywhere.

“D-do you wanna come to my house this weekend? M-my mother invites you”, Daehyun asked. He took a glance on the black hair boy to see his reaction.

“Why all of sudden?”

“Erm.. s-she saw our photo. No! She just want to meet my friend which is you”, Daehyun scolds himself. He couldn’t believe that he just showed his nervous towards Youngjae by stuttering. Plus, Youngjae could know that he put their picture on table for his staring before going sleep.

“Ohh I see.” Youngjae chuckled a little. It is fun seeing Daehyun’s new side.

“So?”, Daehyun asked with anticipating on his face. Youngjae was watching the cold prince amusedly.

“I couldn’t promise you but I try to ask my mother first. Okay?” Daehyun nodded in understanding.

“If you’re okay, I’ll be pick you up at your home tomorrow.”

“Okay then. Shall we get to eat now?”

“Ah! Sorry. Yes, let’s go.” Then, Daehyun casually takes Youngjae’s hand into his. It just seems become his habit because he loves to hold it.

 

~

 


Sorry, if it's boring. I'm lacking of idea but wanna updating since I'm not busy

Here you go!

:)