Fourteen

Love Is So Hard [HIATUS]

YOUNGJAE POV

 

I woke up feeling a bit better than before as I don’t have any nightmare that haunted me. I get up into a sitting position. As I wanna walks to my bathroom, I accidentally saw someone’s feet was stucking out of the couch. The curiosity filled in my mind, wondering if Junhong was here. I blinked rapidly when seeing it was Daehyun who still in his deep sleep laying uncomfortably on the couch. Is he staying for taking care of me?

Unknowingly, I already sit in front of Daehyun, seeing his calm look. I reached out to touch his soft hair and smiling when he doesn’t stirred at all as I brushed his bang out of his forehead. He must be tired. I take this time to examine his face. He is really handsome.

Who wouldn’t fall for him? I hardly never want to admit but who am I to control my heart? Even for thousand times I denied, I couldn’t help to fall in love with this guy in front of me. Remembering the moment Daehyun came to save me, it make my heart falls to him more. But is that allowed? To fall in love with your friend?

I was snapped out from my staring when Daehyun moves to another side but immediately opened his eyes with a sudden hiss in pain. His hand was brought to his right shoulder.

“Are you okay? What’s wrong?”, I asked worriedly. Noticing me, he looked at me and quickly put his hand down.

“Y-youngjae. You are awake?”

“Can’t you see me? Now, answer my question”, I demanded.

“Huh? I-I’m o-okay. Have your fever go down?”, Daehyun wants to put his hand on my forehead but I avoids it.

“What’s wrong with your shoulder? Is this because of the fight?” I asked directly into his eyes. Daehyun sat up carefully.

“Glad to see you’re back now.”

“Jung Daehyun”, I called his full name when he seems to not answer my question.

“Y-yes? Erm, I-I guess I could go b-back now?”, Daehyun still tried to avoid. I didn’t think twice to hit at his right shoulder.

“Arggggh!”, he yelped in pain as he rubbed on the spot where I hit. I watched Daehyun closed his eyes tightly.

“First, I’m sorry cause I don’t have choice. Second, tell me now, Jung Daehyun”, I keep my voice in a demand mode.

“N-nothing. W-wait!”, Daehyun grabs my wrist when I tried to hit again. He sighed in defeat. He make an annoyed face.

“It’s because I falls while riding my bi— W-wait!” He quickly grabs my other wrist before I could hit it.

“Do you think I could easily falls into your lie?!”, I scoffed at him. Is he stupid? I was there seeing the metal hit his shoulder!

“Jeez. I don’t know you could be this persistent.” Daehyun glanced at me.

“Now you know that. Why don’t you tell me?? I was the one who make you like this. I should know that you are injured instead of lying on the bed. If you don’t come, you wouldn’t be hurt. I—“

My words was stopped when a finger put on my lips. Daehyun was stared at me with his alluring gaze. How could I not fall to that gaze?? My heart also doesn’t cooperate with me whenever he is around.

“Stop talking nonsense. If I don’t come, would you like to be ra— no, he would have a chance to do that to you. You wouldn’t want right?”

I nodded my head but still feel guilty over Daehyun’s condition right now. I felt wanna crying as the tears make it way to my eyes. I looked down.

“Hey, what’s with crying hmm?”, Daehyun hold up my chin to make me look at his brown eyes.

“I felt guilty. I don’t want you to be hurt. You shouldn’t.” I sobbed. Daehyun chuckled slightly. He then pulled me up to sit on the couch beside him. He used his thumb to wipe my tears.

“Aigoo. Don’t feel guilty. The things was a past though. Now, the most important thing is you safe. Junhong also safe. I am here, right?”, Daehyun showed his sweet smile that I love it. I chuckled shyly. My face was already turned to red.

“What’s with the drama in the morning, hyung?”, Junhong’s voice interrupts our moment. Daehyun immediately distance himself from me.

“You are not doing anything to Youngjae hyung right?”, Junhong asked with his suspicious eyes towards Daehyun.

“W-what? Of course not.”

“Yah, what are you? Police? Jeez. Is this how you repay Daehyun?”, I looked at Junhong with a glare.

“I guess you are okay now, hyung since you can talk back to me. Mummy called both of you to get down. Breakfast is ready”, Junhong was lazy to argue as he told what Mrs Yoo asked him to do. In his heart, he felt happy that Youngjae was okay. He left the room.

“You can shower first”, Daehyun said. I nodded as I walked to my bathroom.

“Don’t think I let you go. You need to check up at hospital after breakfast”, I told Daehyun without giving him a chance to refuse.

“----“

“Do I have a choice?”, Daehyun asked to himself after Youngjae disappeared into his bathroom. He sighed once again while rubbing his shoulder to sooth the pain.

 

~

NO ONE POV

 

“You should more be careful on your shoulder. As it recover, I would like to advise you to not use your right arm for this time being to do heavy things, okay? It will be worst and you might need a surgery. This injury should not be taken lightly. Do you understand?”, Dr Hwijae said while wrapping a bandage around Daehyun’s arm. Daehyun could only nod.

“After two weeks, do come here back. I will check on the recovery process.”

“Yes, thank you doc. I’ll noted that”, Youngjae shooks his hand with Dr Hwijae. Then, they left the room.

“Aish, this thing is uncomfortable”, Daehyun groaned quietly but I heard that.

“It is for your recovery, stupid. Don’t take it out before doctor said so. Wait here. I takes your medicine”, Youngjae walked to the counter, leaving Daehyun speechless.

He looks more cuter when worrying, Daehyun’s thought. He chuckled slightly. Then, he watched Youngjae took his medicine before walking back to him.

“Let’s go. I’m hungry.”

“Aren’t you eating the breakfast just now? And you still hungry??”, Youngjae looks at Daehyun weirdly.

“I need to eat the medicine before someone nagging at me”, Daehyun replied and walked first. Youngjae was left behind, still processing with Daehyun’s word.

“Yah! Are you telling me that I’m nagging at you?”, Youngjae shouts as he followed the cold prince. He sulked when Daehyun continuing walking without looking back at him.

Arriving at the restaurant, Daehyun wouldn’t wait as he ordered 3 boxes of pizza and one whole cheesecake just for him. Youngjae cannot help but widened his eyes seeing the things that the guy in front of him ordered the foods like nothing.

“Are you starving or what? Aren’t it too much?”, Youngjae asked. He already knows that Daehyun eats a lot but didn’t they have breakfast before?

“No. It’s fine for me. You don’t have to eat if you don’t want. I could finish it”, Daehyun answered casually.

“Weird guy.”

“This weird guy that you falls in love, right?”, Daehyun smirked. Youngjae was flustered hearing those words comes from Daehyun’s mouth.

“W-what? Dream on, prince!”, He rolled his eyes while looking at anywhere in the restaurant.

Daehyun wants to tease more but got cut when a girl wearing waiter uniform  comes to put all the things that he ordered. She doesn’t forget to flirt with Daehyun which making Youngjae glared at her. Plus, Daehyun seems didn’t mind at all as he showed a bit smile to her. The girl was blushed before she left the table. Youngjae took the knife and spoon harshly as his face turned to sour. His reaction just making Daehyun to smirk.

As they ate, Youngjae was sulking and glaring for all the time as the previous girl still trying to get Daehyun’s attention behind the counter. Daehyun was having fun seeing the black hair boy get mad silently. He swears that Youngjae looks really more beautiful with the jealous face of his.

“Stop glaring, princess. She is nothing. You know it”, Daehyun finally choose to break the silent. Youngjae looked up from his food and frowning.

“Pardon? What you called me?”

“Princess. Why?” Daehyun was having a difficult time to eat as he was not used eating with left hand.

“Since when I am a princess. I am a boy!”

“Just now you called me prince. If I am prince, then you are princess.”

“Itch. We are not couple. Why you making us looks like that, huh?”

“Just want it. Don’t you like?”, Actually, Daehyun wants to give Youngjae a hint.

“It—“

“Youngjae-ah! Oh, Daehyunie is here!”, Himchan’s voice could be heard loudly in the restaurant till the people turned to look at him weirdly. Being a Himchan, he doesn’t care as he makes his way with Yongguk, Jongup and Junhong tailing him from behind.

“Hyung, can’t you be more louder? People is looking though”, Daehyun said when all of them arrived at their table.

“Whatever. Eh, finally you wore the bandage?” Daehyun answered him by signaling his eyes to Youngjae as he stuffed his mouth with cheesecake.

“What? You should wear it though. Did you forget what the doctor said, Mr Jung?”

“Yeah, whatever.”

“Right. I told him to wear it when we checked up but this kid refused it. Do you know what he said, Youngjae?”, Yongguk interrupts.

“What?”

“You might blame yourself if you knows he’s injured. Daehyunie wants to keep it secret from you. He doesn’t want you to worry”, Yongguk told while smirking to Daehyun. Daehyun choose to pretend not hear anything.

“Wait, wait. Daehyun hyung injured? Why I don’t know about this?” Junhong blurred. He noticed during breakfast, Daehyun seems uncomfortable with his right arm.

“Don’t worry, Junhong-ah. I’m fine.”

“What fine, hyung? It’s my fault because I couldn’t prevent it. What if you can’t use your arm anymore?” He hissed in a pain when Jongup hit his head.

“Don’t be a drama queen, Junhong”, Jongup finally open his mouth.

“Itch. I don’t want to. But, seriously hyung. Are you really fine?”

“Not really because it’s a bit uncomfortable for me. Especially when eating.”

“Why don’t you ask Youngjae to feed you?”, Himchan wouldn’t stop to tease these two idiots. Youngjae was coughed loudly as it flustered once again but with Himchan’s word now. His face immediately turned to red.

“Are you okay, Youngjae-ah?”, Daehyun ask worriedly. He gives a glass of water to the younger as Youngjae takes it while blushing.

“I knows what you feel, Youngjae-ah. You must be shy after I said those words, right?”

“N-no. Something caught in my throat.” Youngjae lied.

“I just notice something about you two. Both of you will starts stuttering whenever you lied or nervous. Aren’t you think the same, Himchanie?”, Yongguk looked at Daehyun and Youngjae.

“Of course. They are soulmate, Yongguk-ah. We only need them to admit it, right?”, Himchan and Yongguk wriggled their eyebrow to each other. Those two were trying to play-hard-to-get even they knew their feeling towards the other.

“What admit, hyung? I don’t get it?”, Jongup being a clueless, asked.

“You know it later, hyung. Let’s just eat.” Junhong decides to help Youngjae from turned to a deep red face.

 

~

 

WOOHYUN POV

 

I was looking through an album in my room. Alone. I flipped the pages slowly and stop at an old photo. It was a photo with two boys and one girl standing between them. I takes it out before touching the face that I miss the most. The face that I always adore whether the day or night. The face that looks beautiful everytime a smile formed. The face that I love all of my heart.

“Yejin-ah. Are you doing well there?”, I whispered. Besides her, other than me, it was a boy that I was once trusted him. But now, I really hate him.

“Why you loves him instead of me? You loves him but he never loves you back. He never give you a happiness. He only hurts you. In the end, what’s you got? He even the reason you died! Why you didn’t choose me back then, Yoojin-ah?” A tear was rolling down on my cheeks without me realized it. I gritted my teeth while holding the photo tightly.

“Don’t worry, Yejin-ah. I took revenge for you. You doesn’t deserved died! He thinks he could live happily after what he had done to you? He was wrong! As long as I alive, he should pay for it!”, I smirked before looking at the boy’s face with full of hatred.

 

 


Readers, annyeong!!! I miss you so much!

Sorry for not updating this time being as I am busy with study :)

How's BAP Matrix? Cool right? In this album, I likes 'Blind' song the most! :D What about you?