Two

Love Is So Hard [HIATUS]

~

 

DAEHYUN POV

 

After changing my uniform, I get out from the bathroom and go to the cafeteria once again. Once I got back there, everyone turned their gaze towards me. The girls are squealing as usual when they see my face but I just ignored. I searched the boy before and saw he was eating with a blue hair boy. They were laughing about something till he doesn't noticed me staring at him. They seat behind my friend's table.

"Daehyun-ah!" my friend, Himchan called me from our usual table. I walked passed the boy's table who I forgot to ask his name. It's not I want to know badly but I think how I can give his uniform back if I doesn't know his name. He seems stopped eating when I passed him. I took a seat beside Himchan who coincidentally faced the boy who bumped on me. He gulped down whatever his eating with his eyes widened seeing me in front of him.

"Yah! What are you staring at?" 

I snapped out. Himchan and Yongguk looked at me with a curious face. I smiled a little before shook my head. They don't say anymore because they were completely understand with my lack of response. I took my tray of food and begin eating. 

"That kid surely brave enough to hold your hand just now" Himchan was munching his food while looking at the boy in front of us. I stopped eating and raised my eyebrow.

"Who's kid?", Yongguk asked. 

"Behind you. He dare to touch prince of school you know. And the kid beside me completely zoned out when that kid held his hand", Himchan pointed at the boy behind Yongguk and snickered at me. Yongguk turned to look. I could see that the boy feels uncomfortable when he knows that we are watching him. I smirked.

"Ah, that kid. Yoo Youngjae. Both of you doesn't know him?", Yongguk continued his eating. Yoo Youngjae. I noted his name in my mind.

"Why we must know him? Is he popular? Who he is?"

"The smartest boy in our school. Scoring every subjects with flying colours. Study is his favourite. He doesn't care what people talked about him nor anything that people always gossiping about Daehyun. He only care about study, himself and people closer to him". 

I listen what Yongguk said about the boy carefully. I don't know why but this guy suddenly interesting to me. Is that mean he doesn't know who I am actually?

"You know that much about him? Are you both close or what?" Himchan asked with suspicious. Before Yongguk can answer, the boy was standing up. Three of us are looking up at him instantly. 

"Junhong-ah, I'm done eating. I go first, okay?", he quickly walk before his friend could response. I watched him until he disappear from my sight. I didn't realized that Himchan and Yongguk already smiling with a meaning.

"Someone has caught up". Himchan said with teasing smile. I furrowed my eyebrow in confusion. Ignoring their weird smile, I continued my eating. Food always comes first! 

 

~

 

AUTHOR POV

 

The next day, Youngjae was walking in the hallway with a stack of books on both of his hand. The books almost covering half of his face which his silently curse his teacher for making him to send at the library. It's hard for him to see what is in front of him. All of sudden, someone has bumped on him.  Once again. The books were scattered on the floor. He sighed. Am I not lucky again today? He thought. Yesterday, he bumped on Mr Famous. And now what? He scrunched down with the person who turned to help him picked up the books. After some books already in his hand, they looked up to each other. Youngjae's eyes turned to wide. Why him again??? He silently cried in his mind.

"Out of many people in this school, why must be you?", Youngjae shut his eyes while muttering it.

"What are you talking?", Daehyun furrowed his eyebrow when he heard Youngjae was talking to himself. Youngjae opened his eyes instantly and smiled awkwardly.

"Nothing. I'm sorry for not looking where I go ONCE again. Oh, give me that book!" Even his hands already full, he pointed to the books on Daehyun's hand with his mouth to give it to him. Daehyun looked at him weirdly. 

"You carry this books by yourself?"

He just nodded and tried to take the books but Daehyun held it out of his reach. He looked at Daehyun in confusion.

"What are you doing? Just give me that book already, Mr Famous!" Youngjae said in annoyance. He need to deliver this books quickly in order for him to go to his class. He doesn't want to miss any single class but here Daehyun making him late.

Daehyun quiet amused with Youngjae's annoyance but he doesn't show. He keeps his poker face. With the books in his  hand, he walked away from the blonde boy. Youngjae shocked.

"Yah punk!  Where are you going? I need to deliver this books to the library quickly!" Youngjae chased after Daehyun. This boy really getting in his nerves. Well, he is not a patient person when someone trying to make a fuss with him. Daehyun just continued to walk to the library when he heard what Youngjae said. He doesn't know why he want to help the blonde boy. Actually, he purposely bumped on Youngjae. Deep inside of him, he want to know about this blonde boy.

"Yah Mr Fam---"

"Jung Daehyun", he told his name when Youngjae still calling him with that nickname. He doesn't like it at all.

"What?" Youngjae walked next to him in confusion. Daehyun kept quiet not answering the boy. Youngjae rolled his eyes before walked passed him. All the way to the library, some students are staring and glaring at Youngjae when seeing that their prince was walking beside the boy who bumped on him yesterday. Daehyun could tell that Youngjae feels uncomfortable with attention around him as he keep his distance from Daehyun. After arriving at the library, Youngjae relieved his breath. He feels suffocated with the students. Is not like I want to date your prince okay?! He scoffed. Then, they put the books that they carried on a trolly near the counter. 

"Mrs Kang asked me to send this books here", Youngjae told the girl who in the duty at the library. The girl nodded while secretly glancing at Daehyun. She smiled shyly when Daehyun looked at her.

"And you, Mr Fa---"

"I have my name okay." Daehyun rolled his eyes, completely annoying with Youngjae called him that.

"What's your name?" Youngjae asked innocently. Daehyun so shocked that the boy doesn't hear nor care when he told his name. The girl also shocked when she heard Youngjae asked the prince's name.

"You don't know his name??" she yelled. Youngjae was flustered as he look back and forth between Daehyun and the girl.

"Who cares? Oh, others student maybe cares but I'm not. Even he was popular in this school, I don't think I need to know his name", Youngjae said bluntly. They loss of word hearing Youngjae's answer. This guy is really something. 

"Aishh, whatever. I just want to say thank you for helping me sending this books. And please, don't walk beside me after this. I'm not used with the attention. Ah, I don't think we will meet again right? Then, I'll get going", the blonde boy said. He stopped when a hand hold his right wrist.

"My name is Jung Daehyun. I think you forgot that your uniform still with me right?"

Youngjae scrunched his nose as a habit when he thinks of something. Daehyun was caught up with the boy's cuteness. The girl still watching both of them as she seems suspicious with Daehyun's gaze on the blonde boy.

"Ah! I just remember it now! But, that's okay.You can take it or throw it somewhere if you don't need." Then, he tried to walk again but Daehyun hold him back.

"No! I-- I want to return to you back. Can we meet after school at the front gate?", Daehyun suggest. Youngjae does his habit once again. Daehyun couldn't help but squealing the boy in his mind. However, for Youngjae, he seems doesn't show any reaction.

"But I---"

"Okay, see you there, Mr Chubby", he cut Youngjae and walk out of the library releasing Youngjae's hand even he doesn't want to let go that smooth hand.

"What?? How dare he called me that!"

 

~

 

The bell was ringing loudly as a sign that school has comes to the end. Youngjae waited until his classmates gone before he made his way out of the classroom with a bag on his shoulder and a book on his hand.

"Hyung!"  

Youngjae looked up as he saw Junhong with his friend, Jongup waited for him to come near them.

"Are you going home now, hyung?", Junhong asked. 

"Hi Jongup!" Youngjae greeted his brother's friend. Jongup smiled as he bowed slightly to Youngjae as his greet. 

"And yes, I'm going home early since mummy said that she has something to do at the office."

"Oh. I'm going back later after my practice with Jongup hyung. Is Hyunwoo hyung will pick you?" Junhong couln't help but worried for his brother's safety. Even Youngjae is older than him, his brother still looked fragile to him. After all, Youngjae is a bit careless about surrounding. That make Junhong want to protect him all the time.

"No. I just take the bus. I don't want to bother Hyunwoo hyung. Don't worry my lovely dongsaeng."

"But hyung, it can be dangerous outside! People can take advantage on you when you are not see. If that case, I'm going to send you home and come back here. " Junhong clearly doesn't like the idea for leaving his brother alone. Youngjae just smiled with his brother's protectiveness.

"It's okay. I'll take care of myself. No need to send me. Just go practice with Jongup. Hey kid, I'm older than you, you know. I should worry about you not otherwise." Youngjae chuckled.

"But still--"

"Don't worry, Junhong-ah. It's not you can babysit Youngjae hyung all the time." Jongup interrupt the sibling moment. 

"See. Even Jongup said that. I'm okay, Junhong-ah. I'm a big boy." With a last look on his older brother, Junhong finally give in. He told Youngjae to be careful and not talking with other stranger before he and Jongup go to their dance practice.

Youngjae shook his head and smiled while walking to the school front gate. He froze when his saw Daehyun was standing there with his hands in his pocket. Actually he already forgot that Daehyun told him to meet the famous boy after school. He sighed as he made his way towards the boy and noticed that Daeyun was not alone. Beside him, standing his friends while talking random things. Daehyun just listened to them.

"Oh he's here, Daehyun." One of his friends told him. Daehyun brought his eyes to the blonde boy.

"Erm, hi."

"Yo man! I thought who is it this kid here want to see. It's you actually". Himchan said with a meaning smile. Youngjae don't know what to say as he stand there awkwardly when they were practically watching him up and down.

"My-- my uniform, please?" Youngjae stuttered. He held out his hand to Daehyun. Daehyun then rummaged through his bag and take out Youngjae's uniform before returning to the owner. Daehyun's hand touched his hand which sending a shiver to Youngjae. 

"I'll go then. Bye." Youngjae turned to walk away from the trio but got stopped again when the famous boy caught his wrist. Both of Daehyun's friend were watching them with amused face.

"Erm, where are you going?", Daehyun asked.

"Yes? Going home of course. Where else?". Youngjae took that Daehyun's question seems stupid. If not home, where else he could go? But, he cannot blame that boy because it's not like they know each other well.

"Hyung, can both of you go without me? Is that alright?", Daehyun turned towards Himchan and Yongguk. Yongguk raised his eyebrow asking him. They planned to hang out at the new cafe near to the school.

"If Daehyunie asked, it's not a problem. After all, it's because the cutie beside you." Himchan smirked. Youngjae swear that his face must be red now hearing Himchan said that. But Daehyun still keeping his poker face. Then, Himchan wrapped his arm around Yongguk's shoulder, dragging the boy and waving to them.

"I'll send you home." With that, Daehyun pulled Youngjae towards his bike before he can said anything. Fortunately for Daehyun, he always carried a spare helmet. 

"Hey Mr Fam--"

"Jung Daehyun"

"Yea, whatever. I can go h---" his word was cut when Daehyun put the helmet on his head. He then put on the helmet by himself and started the engine.

"Yah punk! I told you--" Daehyun shut the front helmet causing Youngjae to close his eyes.

"Hop on, Mr Chubby."

"What you called me?? I have a name okay!" Youngjae opened up the front helmet and glared at the boy in front of him.

"Me too. Jung Daehyun is my name."

"Who cares? I don't want to ride with you." Youngjae began to walk away with still the helmet on his head. He doesn't want to ride a bike with Daehyun. What if someone see them and make a rumor? What if someone strangle him if they see he's riding their prince's bike? Youngjae don't want to take a risk. Daehyun chuckled slightly. Out of many girls want to ride with him but this guy doesn't want it when he offered. This guy surely interesting. 

Then Daehyun did what he thought which is carrying the blonde boy over his shoulder as he screamed not so manly.

"Yah!! Put me down!! You punk!"

Daehyun ignored the boy and put him on his bike before he quickly hopped on and started speeding up.

"Yah!!"

 

~

 


Please do SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT this story! Thank You! :)