Distance

Beautiful Liar

Jang Mi's P.O.V.

"Let's be together." Words I'll remember for the rest of my life. It's been three years since Leo said this to me. Not much has changed except Leo's been distant, I haven't seen him like this since the MyDol competition. For awhile, we were stuck to one another. Our relationship has tested all the obstacles, scandals, crazed fans, and simply keeping it a secret. But we got through them all, we loved like we were being timed and time was running out. But sometimes, he would look at me and when I look back, he turns away and wipes away what I think are tears. I've asked him aout it but he insists that it's nothing. I try to believe him.

There are thoughts that have never crossed my mind, like breaking up or adultery. Maybe they should've..  I didn't want to lose his trust, I couldn't. I had given this man every part of me, it was all in for me.

Everything seemed cold for a couple more months, then came my birthday. I actually thought he forgot because he had a concert that day. I showed up the venue and walked to Leo's waiting room. The lights were off and when I reached to them on, someone grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers as he flipped on the lights. Everyone yelled surprised as a huge cake was displayed before me with VIXX and the staff standing behind singing to me. Leo, standing beside me, tells me to make a wish so I bend down and think, "Always let us be in love, forever and ever and ever." and with one buff out went the candles. I reached up to hug Leo and I realized how much I missed this... how much I missed him. Everything felt okay again.

VIXX went on to have a great concert and later that night, Leo and I went home to our apartment where we made love like never before. Leo was agressive but gentle.  I was so happy.

But who knew that that space between us was greater and more terrifying than ever. It was scary... that distance.