Good-Bye My Love and I'm Sorry

Beautiful Liar

JangMi's P.O.V.

As much as Dong Hae loved me, he knew marrying me wasn't right. He knew I loved Leo and he knew that I was doing everything to protect our child. Dong Hae knew it all. He still wanted to marry me and raise my child as his own, but he knew as much I knew that it wasn't right.

We still went forward with it though. I still needed to protect Leo and our baby and Dong Hae thought as long as Leo is okay, then I would be okay. Dong Hae wanted to protect me til the end. We decided to get engaged and wait until he returned from military service before wedding.

He went to the doctor's with me. Every ultrasound, every ob/gyn appointment, he was there. Sometimes he went awkward when they assumed he was the father. I could tell he was uncomfortable, like he was taking away Leo's job. Dong Hae, like every idol, knew how much Leo loved kids. And here Dong Hae was taking his child from him.

One day, Dong Hae snapped I guess. he entered my room and said "I can't do this. I can't marry you. I can't father your child. I can't lie to you or for you. I can't take Leo's child from him. I love youand that child, but you don't belong with me. You belong with him." after ranting that, he rushed out the door before I could reply. I chased after him and we somehow ended up at Jellyfish Entertainment.

As I entered the building, I bumped into Leo's "girlfriend." She knew who I was to Leo by now butI guess she never found out about my Valois ties. She questioned why I was there and kept going on about how Leo moved on and doesn't love me anymore. I told her I didn't care but I really needed to find him right now because that was where Dong Hae was probably going to. As I ran up the stairs, she grabbed my wrist to stop me. I tried to shrug her off but she wouldn't budge. There was a struggle and the last thing I remember was Dong Hae screaming for an ambulance and how he had to stop the bleeding.

~Hospital~

Bleeding? What bleeding? What happened? Why does my head hurt?

"Are you awake?" I open my eyes to see Nicholas, Erin, and Dong Hae.

"Where am I? What's going on?"

Erin took my hand, "You're in the hospital. You were pus--fell down the stairs."

I fell? Oh no... my baby..? I sat up abruptly and held my hand to my stomach and that's when all three of them stated to avoid eye contact with me.

"Is she okay? Oppa! IS. SHE. OKAY?"

Nicholas being the oldest looked up at me almost in tears and held my hand softly, "Emma, I'm so sorry. The doctors said that they tried everything but they had to focus on you."

"What? Focus on me? Why did they decide my life was more important? She was the LAST part of him I had. She was the proof that our love existed. She was my last hope in believing that he loved me!" I started hysterically crying and all Nicholas could do was hug me tightly as Erina and Dong Hae sat there sniffling.

After I had calmed down emotionally, Nicholas and Erin left me with ong Hae. The news of my accident put VE into a tornado. Everything needed management.

Dong Hae fell asleep on the guest bed in my room but I just lied there thinking about my child. I imagined that she would be a girl. She would have my eyes and lips and Leo's nose. I wanted her to sing like her father and love someone one day as much as I love her father. I slowly put my hand on my stomach and said out loud, "Goodbye my love and I'm Sorry... for not protecting you."