Your Punishment

Beautiful Liar

Jang Mi's P.O.V.

I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. Dong Hae would sit beside me day and night. He would try to get me to eat and to talk. I just couldn't, my child was gone and I felt helpless. It felt like I was sleep walking and I just couldn't wake up.

I wanted to be alone one day and Dong Hae went to get me some food and desserts he thought I would eat because they were my favorite.

My endless sleepless nights had got the better of me as my brain started to shut down and forced me into a deep sleep. I didn't have the nightmares like I usually got when I closed my eyes. I guess I was too tired for my brain to even function.

I slept for who knows how long but I felt something graze my cheek. I knew this feeling.. this touch. It was Leo's touch. My eyes shot open and there he stood. He looked terrible. His eyes were red and his hair was so messy. He looked worse than me.

He fell to his knees all of a sudden and looked at the ground. "I'm sorry. This is all my fault. I'm sorry."

My eyes started to water and didn't say anything.

"I know that I screwed up. I'm so sorry. I don't want your forgiveness. I just want to see you happy again, I just want you to keep living and not lay here day and night being in pain. Please be happy."

My eyes widened and I just lost it, "HAPPY? HOW CAN I BE HAPPY? MY CHILD IS DEAD. THE LAST PART OF YOU THAT BELONGED TO ME. ONLY ME. SHE TOOK THAT FROM TOO. SHE TOOK MY HOPE FROM ME. THAT CHILD WAS PROOF.. " I screamed as I hit him.

He grabbed my arms and pulled me into a hug. I whimpered, "proof that you ever loved me."

I slowly push him off as I turned to the table beside my bed and opened the draw to pull out a small picture.

I handed it to him, "This was my most recent sonogram. Take it. Keep it with you forever, whereever you go, keep it with you. Remember she existed. Remember she had a heartbeat. Remember that this was your little girl. Remember the life that we had and could've had. This, Leo, is your punishment."