00.

Stars Appear

final.

With the heir to the throne now decided by the royal gemstone it was not long until Kyuhyun was crowned the new king of Wintervale. With Ryeowook by his side on the throne the pair were welcomed with open arms by the people of the land, ushering in a new era for the world of Wintervale.

The coronation was a grand occasion, large hall of the bright castle filled with friends, both new and old, to celebrate the joyous fate of the pair, Kyuhyun thankful for each and every one of them and their part in his journey.


Kangin and his crew alongside Sungmin were the first to approach them, crew cheering loudly as Kangin pulled the newly crowned king into a tight hug.

“Cousin!!” he exclaimed, Kyuhyun laughing as he returned the mans hug. “Look at you! Crown and all.” Kangin added, Kyuhyun smiling at the excited man.

“We would not be here without all your help Kangin, thank you.”

Kangin just shrugged. “You would've taken on the world to keep him safe with or without my help...but if you ever want to go swimming in storm clouds again let me know and I'll come pick you up.” he teased, Kyuhyun giving him a mock salute

“Aye aye captain!”

As Henry moved on to talk to Kyuhyun, Sungmin gave Ryeowook a smile, formal bow making Ryeowook turn an embarrassed red.

“I'm glad everything turned out alright for both of you.”

Ryeowook looked over at Kyuhyun who was giving Henry a hug, smile spreading across his face before he turned back to Sungmin. “So am I.”

Sungmin just smiled, letting Ryeowook pull him into a light hug before the storekeeper moved on to bow politely at Kyuhyun [who also turned bright red – neither of them had got used to the whole royalty thing yet.]


Changmin basically threw himself at Kyuhyun, the pair laughing as they nearly tipped over backwards. When they separated Changmin gave Ryeowook a grin, holding his hand out for a shake. When Ryeowook placed his hand in his Changmin grabbed it and giving the top of his hand a peck, Ryeowook blushing bright red and Kyuhyun pushing his best friend away with a roll of his eyes.

“So Ryeowook...you know any other gorgeous stars that may be single?”

“I hate you more than anything.” Kyuhyun drawled, Changmin and Ryeowook breaking out into giggles at his unamused expression.

“Love you too Kyu, congrats.” Changmin added sincerely, Kyuhyun unable to fight the grin that spread across his face.


When their greetings were done the pair joined hands to return to their thrones, Kyuhyun smiling up at where his parents were sat beside them. After all the years Luna and Jungsoo were finally able to be together once more, watching over them and helping the pair greatly in their efforts to rule the land justly and fairly.

They stood up, bowing slightly before his parents pulled Kyuhyun in a tight hug before Luna pulled a smiling Ryeowook in with them. As a gift for their coronation Luna handed over a small box, Ryeowook opening it and laughing softly.

In the box sat a purple babylon candle and a certain white flower, Ryeowook pinning the flower to Kyuhyuns lapel before Kyuhyun pulled him into a long kiss, laughter and cheers surrounding them.


Together they ruled together for over sixty years but no man can live forever – except for he who possesses the heart of a star. And Ryeowook had given his to Kyuhyun completely.

When their family had grown and the line of succession had been passed down – without any of the bloodshed of the previous monarchies – they felt it was time for them to finally move on.

Together they lit the bablyon candle, returning to retake Ryeowooks place in the sky where they lived on, happily ever after.