13.

Stars Appear

thirteen.

“Oh gods...” Siwon breathed.

“That doll is kind of...cheating, isn't it?” Donghae asked, Eunhyuk giving him a shrug.

As the witch laughed Jongwoon faded into view, looking around confused as he spotted his other brothers, Donghae giving him a small wave.

“What...is happening...?”

“Just sit down and shuttup Jongwoon – things are getting interesting!” Heechul hissed.


“So close and yet so far.” the witch laughed. “Here you are just in time to watch your dear little star die.”

Kyuhyun just glared at her, anger coursing through him before he focused on a panicked Ryeowook, giving the star a determined smile.

“Everything will be alright, I promise.'

“If only that was true...” Sikyung sighed as she picked up the voodoo doll, twisting it once more.  Kyuhyun froze, ready to face the pain he knew was coming. Instead, he was greeted by the sound of a blade scratching lowly along the ground behind him, turning on his heel to come face to face with Jongwoons body stood awkwardly upright, sword slowly raising to face him.


All five brothers turned to look across at Jongwoon who was staring at his body as it moved on his own, shrugging his shoulders awkwardly in confusion.


As the sword swung down at him Kyuhyun gathered his wits just in time to dodge, quickly lifting his own balde the oncoming attacks. He was able to fend off the next few swings before Kyuhyun finally got an opening, spinning past Jongwoons blade to stab him through the stomach, pushing him back on the ground.

Jongwoons body laid perfectly still for a moment before Sikyung laughed, the voodoo doll still in her hands as she twisted it around, Jongwoons body rose to its feet once more, his sword flying right towards Kyuhyun.

Once again Kyuhyun parried the oncoming attack, scrambling out of the way as 'Jongwoon' trudged slowly towards him. It was obvious that any attack he attempted on the body was not going to work, sword useless while it was being controlled by the witch and her doll. Kyuhyun was being backed into a corner as he searched for a possible way out, pressed up against a large mirror as Jongwoons sword raised towards his throat.

He looked around frantically, trying to figure out something that could help him stop the body from getting up when he spotted the thick rope that tied to cages to the roof, idea coming to him.

When 'Jongwoon' was close enough he threw himself a the body, barely avoiding its blade as he escapes past it. Quickly Kyuhyun rushed for the cages, grabbing onto the rope as Jongwoon continued to follow slowly after him. When the body was close enough Kyuhyun slashed the rope, cages wobbling dangerously as the rope pulled him upwards. With the surge of momentum he kicked at the cages, watching them topple on top of Jongwoons body as he was thrown to the bottom of the steps.

With a growl Sikyung tried to lift the body back up, throwing the voodoo doll in anger as it refused to move from under the heavy pile. 

“Fine then.” she hissed, turning her attention to Ryeowook instead.

Ryeowook struggled against his restraints as she retrieved her glass blade from beside him on the altar, Ryeowook inhaling sharply in fear as she glared down at him, glow quickly fading. Slowly  Kyuhyun pulled himself to his feet, shoulder throbbing as he caught sight of the witch standing over the altar, blade raised.

“NO, RYEOWOOK!”

Sikyung just stared down at Ryeowook before she finally let out an agonising scream, bringing the blade swiftly down. Kyuhyun scrambled up the steps, heart in his throat and blade at the ready in pure anger. What he found at the top of the stairs instead was the witch sobbing against the edge of the altar, strap holding one of Ryeowooks wrists sliced straight through.

“Just go, leave me alone...you have killed my sister, I have nothing left any more.” she sobbed.

Without a second thought Kyuhyun kicked her blade away from her, using his own sword to help Ryeowook out of his restraints, pulling the crying star into a tight hug.

“Its okay Ryeowook I'm here, I've got you.”

“You came back for me.” Ryeowook cried into his arms. “I thought you were gone.”

Kyuhyuns heart throbbed with guilt. “I am so sorry, of course I was coming back; I love you.”

With a wary look back at the sobbing witch he helped Ryeowook upright, rushing the glowing star down the steps towards the opn doors where Luna stood waiting. The woman smiled in relief, taking a step towards them when the doors slammed shut in front of her, large hall falling into complete darkness save for Ryeowook as Sikyungs sobs morphed into loud cackles, green flames circling the room.

“You fools.” she laughed, standing tall at the top of the staircase. “You really believed that little act? How pathetic.” she growled, glass windows shattering towards them, forcing the pair back further into the room. “Although I do have to thank you – my star is finally shining brightly enough to last me for centuries and centuries. Seems like he just can't control himself around you.”

The witch laughed, another row of mirrors shattering around them, Kyuhyun shielding Ryeowook as they were forced to backtrack even further towards the maniacal witch. “Finally without my sister, the star is all mine.”

As she walked down the stairs towards them Kyuhyun stopped Ryeowook, turning to face the star with a forced smile. He pressed a gentle kiss to his head, whispering an I love you before Kyuhyun unsheathed his sword again, moving to face the delighted witch head on.

Ryeowook just pulled him back, sword clattering to the ground as he wrapped Kyuhyun in his arms tightly, tucking the taller mans head into his shoulder.

“Hold me tight and close your eyes.” he whispered, feeling Kyuhyuns arms circle around his waist.

“Ryeowook what are you doing?”

“What do stars do best Kyuhyun? They shine.”

With a smile Ryeowook closed his own eyes, overwhelming love for Kyuhyun allowing his skin to glow brightly before the light continued to grow, Sikyung freezing as Ryeowooks light began to spill into the dark room, illuminating everything around them before a rush of white light consumed everything around them, the witch screaming as the power of the star destroyed her and her magic, bathing the room in pure starlight.

When the light finally faded back into Ryeowook the pair were left standing in the room completely alone, witch finally gone once and for all.


“Ohhh good show!” Siwon exclaimed, the brothers applauding loudly.

“I told you they would do it!” Donghae cheered loudly.


Pulling away slightly Ryeowook cupped Kyuhyuns face lightly, looking him over carefully.

“Are you oka—mmph!”

Before he could finish the star was pulled into a kiss, gasping as Kyuhyun tugged him tightly towards him.

“I thought I was going to lose you.” Kyuhyun whispered as they broke apart, Ryeowook trailing his fingers along the light of the other mans face lightly. 

“I love you, so much.” 

Behind them the large doors were pushed open, Kyuhyun refusing to let Ryeowook go as they turned to see Luna rushing in, breathing a sigh of relief at seeing them both safe.

“Thank the gods you are both alright.”

Ryeowook gasped. “You...You're the one who saved me at the wall!”

“Ahh yes...” Kyuhyun stammered. “Ryeowook, I'd like to introduce you to my mother.”

Luna gave the star an awkward wave and bow as Ryeowook gaped at her, before turning back to Kyuhyun. “You found her!?”

Kyuhyun just nodded, Ryeowook smiling brightly as he broke out of Kyuhyuns arms, pulling the woman into a warm hug. “It is so nice to meet you! Thank you so much for everything.”

“It's lovely to meet you as well.” she laughed, pulling away to look back at Kyuhyun in concern. “Wait, where is Jongwoon?”

“Jongwoon? Oh the witch she...she got him.”

Luna inhaled sharply. “Gods...I am so sorry brother...”


The brothers all gasped, looking between each other in shock.

“SISTER?!” the all exclaimed, Eunhyuk gaping openly at the woman that stood before them.

“It's been so long..its good to see you're alright after all these years.” he smiled, the others nodding happily in agreement.


As Ryeowook let the older woman go he quickly shifted to stand back by Kyuhyun, hands tangling together before Kyuhyun frowned.

“Ryeowook, your necklace...”

Ryeowook looked down, eyes widening in surprise as the gemstone around his neck began to shine a bright ember colour, jewel snapping off its chain before flying forward, falling in Kyuhyuns outstretched palm. 

“I have no idea what that means.” Kyuhyun quietly added, looking confusedly between the two people beside him.

“It means that the last male heir of the Wintervale bloodline has been found...its you Kyuhyun.” Luna smiled, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook staring at each other in shock.


The brothers were also stunned, staring quietly down at the trio in front of them.

“Well thats good at least.” Siwon finally said, Donghae nodding in agreement beside him.

“Yeah, I'm glad it is someone as nice as Kyuhyun.”

“I mean, it could totally have been worse.” Eunhyuk added, sending a pointed glare to an unamused Jongwoon.

“What is that supposed to mean?!”

“Wait” Zhoumi interrupted. “If Kyuhyun is the heir, then what happens to us?”

As he finished his sentence the brothers began to fade, swirling into beams of light that began to shoot up into the night sky as they were finally freed of their curse.

“About freaking time – I've been waiting forever.” Heechul snorted, before giving the group in front of them a warm smile. “Good luck sister.” he whispered, just as the last of the brothers faded away.


“Well then...” Kyuhyun replied in shock.

Ryeowook just laughed, throwing himself into Kyuhyuns arms once more, connecting their lips in a loving kiss.