CH I

A Coincidence
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taemin lived a good life. He, along with everyone around him, deemed him to be lucky. It was true. He had a beautiful girlfriend, his family had a steady income, and he was top in his class.

Taemin didn't believe in superstitions until the day his luck ran out.

He had been walking to a restaurant to meet his girlfriend for lunch. The streets weren't busy, so he took the time to take out his compact mirror and do a last minute touch up on his hair and face. The smile from his face disappeared as he tripped and fell, breaking the mirror into hundreds of tiny pieces.

As he stood up, unscarred, he turned around to see what he had tripped over, only to find a ladder leaning against the building. Taemin scoffed at himself before turning back around to continue on his way. Rounding the final corner before the restaurant, he jumped in fright as a black cat ran out in front of him.

Taemin sighed before running up to his girlfriend who sat at one of the street side tables.

"We need to talk." She said, not looking him in the eye.

Taemin shuffled in his seat nervously without saying a thing.

"I really hate to say this, especially on today, but it has to be done." She said. "I'm breaking up with you."

"What?"

"I'm sorry, but things have changed. Again, I'm sorry it had to be today. How unlucky."

She gave him one last kiss goodbye a

Please log in to read the full chapter