Chap 35

You are the one for me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica: “Ok, what is going on?”

She asked him after a long journey of silence. After leaving the mall together, she expected him to talk again, but instead he has been silent all throughout the ride to home. It was when they are stuck into traffic, and she finds it the right time to ask him the question.

He on the other hand just gave her a confused look, which she is pretty much sure, is acting. She rolled her eyes at him and gave him a stare that made him shiver. No one can manipulate her so easily, he knows that very well.

Baekhyun: “What do you mean? What are you talking about?”

Jessica: -scoffs- “Stop this rubbish Baek! You and I both know you are acting, which is terrible by the way.”

Baekhyun: -rolls his eyes- “As if you can do better.”

Jessica: “Are we seriously gonna fight now? Don’t change the topic Baek, just tell me!!”

With that, he became quiet, and looked around nervously. He glances at the traffic light and sees it’s still red. Dammit!

Jessica: -softly- “Come on you can tell me! Is it about the clothes I bought for you? You don’t like it?”

Baekhyun: -quickly- “Aniya!! It’s not that. In fact I just can’t wait to try it on actually.”

Jessica: -smiles- “They why are you so quiet?”

He sighs at himself, knowing that he have to lie to her. He can’t tell her the truth. She already went through a lot. Now, he has to do anything, to make sure she is not hurt, even if he has to lie.

Baekhyun: “I…I’m just worried that…”

Jessica: “………………..that?”

Baekhyun: “That…..what if no body likes these new clothes on me?”

Jessica: -face palms- “That’s it? Oh Baek, why so silly? I know you would look good in those clothes, after all I picked those for you!”

Baekhyun: -forces a smile- “Yeah, you are right. I was just worrying for nothing!”

Jessica: “Next time, tell me if something bothers you, arrasso?”

He nods at her while smiling faintly, and starts the car when the traffic light turns green.

Minutes later, the couple arrived back home. They stepped out of the car and were greeted by Luhan, who was doing garden duties at the front yard.

Luhan: -grins- “Hey guys, had fun?”

Jessica: -nods smiling- “I have got new wardrobe for Baek today.” –giggles- “Its not those clothes that he usually wears.”

Luhan: “Oh? Chincha?” –chuckles- “Well you are so thoughtful. Its about time, Baek changes his style, right Baek?” –looks at Baekhyun-

Baekhyun just laughs nervously, which sounded forceful and odd.

Luhan: -frowns-

Jessica: -looks at Luhan- “Well we are gonna go inside oppa.” –sighs tiredly- “I’m so tired!”

Luhan: -smiles- “Yeah, you do that sweetie. See you inside.”

With that, Jessica goes inside the house, thinking Baekhyun was following her. But he just stood on his place, not moving, just looking at Luhan cutting tree brunches to keep it in shape.

Luhan was startled when he noticed that he was actually not alone. He looks at Baekhyun questioningly, thinking; why he is still here?

Luhan: “Huh? What are you still doing here? Didn’t you go inside with Jessica?”

He noticed how he was fidgeting while looking around and back to him nervously, like he was struggling to say something to him.

Luhan: “Is there something you wanna tell me?”

Baekhyun: “H-huh?”-nods nervously- “N-ne..”

Luhan: “Ok.” –nods- “What is it?”

He waited patiently for him to voice out his thoughts since he was still struggling. But when he did voice out, he was left confused.

Baekhyun: “H-hyung, why are you gardening out in this hot weather?”

Luhan: -frowns- “Huh?”

Baekhyun: “It’s really hot out here hyung, you might pass out any minute.”

Luhan: -suspicious- “That’s…..really thoughtful of you Baek, but its not the first time I’m gardening in hot weather you know.”

Baekhyun: “B-but, don’t you feel tired? I think you should stay inside and enjoy this summer vacation with us you know. You have done a lot.”

Luhan: “What do you mean by ‘done a lot’, I just started now. And if I don’t do this then who will?”

Baekhyun: -hands up- “I volunteer!!”

Luhan: -rolls his eyes- “Oh please, you don’t even know how to shape a tree Baek. Now stop your nonsense, and enjoy your vacation inside the house.”

Baekhyun: -sighs- “Hyung…why do you have to be so nice?” –sniffs- “You have done a lot for us and yet, we didn’t do anything for you.”

Luhan: -weird out- “Don’t tell me you are crying.”

Baekhyun: -quickly shakes his head- “A-ani…” –wipes his tears-

Luhan: -gives him a look- “If you really wanna do something for me then get out of here immediately, you are annoying me.”

Baekhyun: -nods instantly- “Anything for you hyung, I’ll get out of here, just call me if you need anything.” –gets inside the house-

Luhan: -mumbles- “Why would I call you if I need anything?” –continues his work- “Weird guy.” –shakes his head-

 

In the house~

Kai: -jumping like a child- “I got a date~ I got a date~”

Yuri: -claps- “I’m so happy for you Kai!!”

Jessica: “When is your date anyway?”

Kai: “Ooohh, Its tonight!!” –grinning-

Baekhyun: -amused- “Well that’s early!”

Sehun: -groans- “Will you guys stop being happy for him?? Ever thought about me?”

They all stopped their cheering and look at the grumpy guy lying on the couch, while holding on his neck, which was wrapped around in a neck plaster.

Yuri: -feels bad- “Is your neck ok?”

Sehun: -sighs- “Finally someone cares!”

Tiffany: “Oh stop being a whine child! It’s your fault that you are at this state!”

Sehun: -glares- “Oh! Just let me recover first, you are so gonna regret it!”

Sunny: -scoffs- “We didn’t regret strangling you, so we won’t regret anything.”

Sehun: -grits his teeth- “Why you-“ –about to get up- “A-ahh, my neck, my neck!!” –holds his neck-

Yuri: -guilty- “Oh, this is all, my fault!! Sehun, lets just get you inside your room!”

Baekhyun: -massages his head- “Yeah please do that, I’m getting a headache!”

After so much struggling, complaining and whining, Yuri finally managed to take Sehun to his room. Then Tiffany, Jessica and Sunny surrounded around Kai with excited looks on their faces, and of course that made Kai to freak out.

Kai: “Why are you guys smiling like the Grim Reaper?”

Jessica: -ignores his insult- “We are thinking, since it’s your big night, we should help you!”

2ny: -nods in sync-

Baekhyun: -shocked- “When did you girls plan that? We didn’t see you guys planning anything, you three were right here all the time.”

Tiffany: “Oh, its just girl’s thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter