Chap 30

You are the one for me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Attention readers!! before you read the chapter, please vote in the poll first!!

Your browser does not support iframes.

--------------------------------------------

Kai was walking towards the cafeteria of the school with a confident look on his face. But the closer he walks to the cafeteria lady, the more nervous he gets. It’s been only 1 day that he didn’t even look at chicken, and that 1 day he became crazier for it. And today is the day when the cafeteria is serving chicken, so he thinks that this must be his lucky day. Once he was face to face with the cafeteria lady, he gave her a really bright smile, but the lady only gave him a bored look.

 

Kai: “Ajumma!!! I want a plate of fried chicken!!” –holds his empty plate in front of her-

 

The lady didn’t say anything, but only pointed to the wall beside her. He followed the direction she pointed and his jaw drop when he saw his picture was hanging on the wall and on top of his face was a big cross sign, and there was a caption below, written in bold letters “No Chicken For This Kid”.

 

Kai: -mumbles- “You gotta be kidding me!!”

 

The lady hands him a beef Burger.

 

Lady: “Special made for you!!”

 

He only sighs in sadness and walks away after taking the burger from her. Sehun was with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, looking at him from their table, waiting for Kai. Once Kai sat beside him they started to ask him questions.

 

Chanyeol: “How bad was it??”

 

Kai: -sulking- “They put a huge poster of me saying that Chicken for me is forbidden!!”

 

Baekhyun: -amused- “You mom’s power is Daebak!!”

 

Kai: -rolls his eyes-

 

Sehun: -sighs- “You are not the only one dude!! It’s only the school cafeteria. My poster was found in the bubble tea shop we always go!!”

 

Kai: “Well, it’s your entire fault that we are in this state!!”

 

Sehun: -frowns- “How so?”

 

Kai: “Because of you, we skipped the class remember!!”

 

Sehun: -scoff- “Well excuse you!! I didn’t know that you got caught 2 times before!! Why don’t you blame the person who complained!!”

 

Kai: “Ugh!! Stupid Krystal!!!”

 

Chanyeol: “You know what? You can have my chicken!! I’m kinda full!!” –pats his tummy-

 

Kai: -gets happy- “Really?”

 

Baekhyun: “Ahem!! Sorry to bust you bubbles, but the cafeteria lady is looking at our table creepily ever since you came here.”

 

The 4 of them looked at the cafeteria lady and saw that she was really looking at them creepily with her piercing stares.

 

Kai: -shivers- “You think she will tell mom if I have a chicken from you people??”

 

Sehun: -rolls his eyes- “No Sherlock!!”

 

Baekhyun: “By the way, I won’t go home with you guys today.”

 

Kai: “Why?”

 

Chanyeol: “We’ll be going to Nickhun’s house for our Biology project.”

 

Sehun: “So when are you guys coming back home?”

 

Baekhyun: -shrugs- “I guess at 9 pm?”

 

Kai: -eyes widens- “Seriously??? That late?”

 

Baekhyun: -gets angry- “Oh screw that Jinky!!! Why does he get so fun seeing us students miserable??”

 

Kai: -eyes widens a little- “Uh…h-hyung…??” –slightly shakes his head-

 

Baekhyun: -ignores- “Just because he became a teacher at this young age doesn’t mean he can rule the school like that!!”

 

Sehun: “Hyung!! Uhm…I think you should s-stop now!!” 

 

Baekhyun: -ignores again- “I mean, why he don’t just become a doctor???”

 

Kai started to shake his head in panic, telling him to stop. Chanyeol noticed it and give him a questioning look. Sehun tells him to look behind him with his eyes. When Chanyeol looked behind him, his eyes widen. He holds Baekhyun’s shoulder to stop him.

 

Baekhyun: “Oh right, because he might destroy his patient’s lives too!!”

 

Chanyeol: “B-baek!! You really should stop now!!”

 

Baekhyun: “I can’t stop!!! I have more to s-“

 

He gets interrupted when Chanyeol turned his head to look on his back, and once he did……..he thought he was gonna die at that moment.

 

There he stood right behind them with a really big friendly smile………Lee Jinky Onew!!!

 

Baekhyun: ‘FML’

 

Onew: “Mister Byun!! How many times do I have to tell you?? Please, call me Onew.”

 

Baekhyun: -coughs nervously- “S-s-sir??”

 

Onew: -grins- “It feels amazing to see how popular I’m in this school, hearing a lot from you about me sounds nice!!”

 

Baekhyun: -gets up immediately- “I’m sorry sir!!” –bows 90 degree- “I-I wasn’t thinking what was I saying!!”

 

Sehun: -mumbles- “What an excuse.”

 

Onew: -stops him from bowing- “Oh no no no!! Why are you bowing to me?? Sit sit sit!!” –makes him sit-

 

Baekhyun: -sits nervously-

 

Chanyeol: -whispers- “Told you to stop!!”

 

Onew: “Anyway…I just wanna say that, giving detention would be really fun now!!”

 

Baekhyun: -closes his eyes and whispers- “I’m doomed!!”

 

Onew: “But unfortunately, we are having some technical difficulties….”

 

Baekhyun: -sighs in relief-

 

Onew: “But…”

 

Baekhyun: -froze- “What?”

 

Kai: -eating his burger and watching them in interest-

 

Onew: -takes his pate of chicken- “I’ll take this.” –walks away-

 

Baekhyun: -sulks- “Well…there goes my chicken!!”

 

Kai: “Now you know how I feel.” -serves him his half eaten burger- “Want some?”

 

Baekhyun: -looks at him disgusted- “Shut up!!”

 

Chanyeol: “You are lucky that he didn’t give you any detention though!!”

 

Baekhyun: “Still!! Who knows what he is planning for me next time!!”

 

 

 

After school~

 

They all were on their way to home; Tiffany and Yuri were sitting at the very back of the car, talking about girl stuff. Kai, Sehun and Sunny were on the middle row, Sehun was texting while the other two were sleeping. Tired from the long day they had. And last but not least, Jessica was at the shot gun sit beside Luhan, fumbling with her fingers.

 

For her, the ride felt really quite. Usually, it was noisy and now it was kind of unusual for her. She was used to being in noisy area, this silence made her feel suffocating and also boring.

 

Luhan: “You ok sweetie??”

 

Jessica: -snaps out- “Huh? Yeah, why?”

 

Luhan: “You look like you are not feeling well….”

 

Jessica: -shakes her head- “I’m fine oppa…..but don’t you think that the ride is too….I don’t know, silent??”

 

Luhan: -laughs- “Yeah I’ve noticed that!!” –nods-

 

She looks behind her and looks at the rest and sighs. Two of them sleeping, one is texting, but at least Tiffany and Yuri are talking…..

 

Luhan: “May be it’s because Baekhyun is not here...”

 

His answer made her to think about it, was he right?

 

She sighed and stoped thinking about it and looks at the scenery out of the window and waits till she gets home.

 

Evening~

 

At Nickhun’s house, the three of them were still doing their project together. Chanyeol gasps on air and stops writing, he started to fan himself.

 

Chanyeol: “Time out!! Time out!!” –gasping- “I can’t take it anymore!!”

 

Nickhun: -frowns- “You can’t be like that now!! We didn’t even go to the main part!!”

 

Chanyeol: -eyes widen- “There is a main part??”

 

Nickhun: -almost face palms- “Yes….there is!!”

 

Baekhyun: -scoffs- “I thought you liked this subject!! What are you tired for??”

 

Chanyeol: -exclaims- “I only wanted to be a doctor ok?? Not a project maker!!”

 

Nickhun: “Well, doing projects in high school is important, so that they can see if you are good enough to be a doctor.”

 

Baekhyun: “What about you Khun-ah? I thought you wanted to be a model.”

 

Nickhun: -blushes- “Who told you that??”

 

Baekhyun: “Tiffany!!”

 

Nickhun: -waves his hands- “That was just a joke, it was only a…..hobby…”

 

Chanyeol: “Can I at least get some rest though?? This writing work is killing me!!”

 

 Baekhyun: -rolls his eyes- “Fine!!”

 

A moment later Chanyeol started to get bored, he looks at the other two doing the work by themselves and wants to continue his work too, but he was too lazy for it. He would rather take rest than do all these work. So he decided to talk about something.

 

Chanyeol: -to Baekhyun- “So, Yuri told me that you and Jessica are getting along…”

 

Baekhyun: -looks at him- “You and Yuri have been hanging out??”

 

Chanyeol: -silence for a moment- “Well…yeah!! I can’t just sit back and not make any move like you!!”

 

Baekhyun: “Yah!! I made my move ok?? And it was successful!!”

 

Chanyeol: -scoffs- “Only because I told you to!! Or else the poor girl would be bored to death because of you!!”

 

Baekhyun: “I was nervous ok?? She makes me too nervous!!”

 

Chanyeol: “Excuses, excuses!! You didn’t answer my question yet!!”

 

Baekhyun: “What question?”

 

Chanyeol: “About how you both are getting along!!”

 

Baekhyun: -Suddenly gets shy- “Well…If you mean talking more than fighting……then yeah, we are getting along!!”

 

Chanyeol: -grins- “That’s great Baek!!”

 

Baekhyun: -sighs- “But sometimes I get annoyed whenever she sits besides Luhan, every time we have dinner and lunch…and also in car!!”

 

Chanyeol: -pats his back- “You can’t expect her to not to be beside him!! It will take time!! You just have to confess!!”

 

Baekhyun: -gets nervous- “C-confess?? This early??”

 

Chanyeol: -shakes his head- “No!!! Not this early!! Just take your time to flatter her first and make her actually like you!!”

 

Baekhyun: -shivers- “Just the thought of making her like me back makes me more nervous!! Its like, it’s impossible to make her like me back!!”

 

Chanyeol: -nods agreeing- “You are right!! She is out of your league anyway!!”

 

Baekhyun: -throws a rubber at him- “As if you are Yuri’s league!!”

 

Nickhun: “Uhm hello???” –waves his hands- “Did you forget we have a project to do???” –shows them his work- “I even did the main part!!”

 

Chanyeol: -grins happily- “Really??”

 

Baekhyun: -amused- “No wonder Tiffany loves you so much!!! What do you see in her anyway?? I mean don’t get me wrong, she is pretty and all but…why her?? She is scary!!! There are plenty of nice girls in our school!!”

 

Nickhun: -chuckles- “She is not scary Baek…..she is a sweet heart!!!”

 

Baekhyun: -laughs hard- “What???” –continues laughing-

 

Chanyeol: “How did you meet her anyway??”

 

Baekhyun: -wipes his tears- “Oh my ribs hurt!!”

 

Nickhun: -crosses his arms and sits back- “Hmm…” –thinks- “It was 2 years ago!!”

 

Flashback~

 

Nickhun’s POV~

 

I was in the convenience store buying a drink for myself. There I saw Tiffany; she was in the drink section. I remember her as a schoolmate; we never talked before though-

 

Flashback interrupts

 

Baekhyun: “I bet you were scared to even talk to her that is why you never talked before!!”

 

Chanyeol: -throws a rubber to him- “Don’t interrupt!!! Let me listen!!!”

 

Baekhyun: -rolls his eyes- “Whatever!!”

 

Nickhun: -sighs-“Shall I continue??”

 

Chanyeol: -nods like a child grinning widely-

 

Flashback again~

 

As I was saying….we never talked before, but I remember her as a schoolmate. Since I was her sunbae, I decided to greet her first, but instead she go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter