Feelings

Restless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a month since the day I had the chance to ask Joonmyeon all the questions I could think of. And now that I think about it, there are other questions I should have asked. Like, for example, why did he pretend to be my boyfriend. 

 

But it’s all over now I guess, I haven’t had much time to think about it, really. I finished assisting Yixing’s class. He asked me to stop going to his classes because he was doing ok with the language and also because his girlfriend wasn’t very pleased with me inside his classroom or personal space. Lately, and now that I’m talking about the topic, his girlfriend Mei has been acting especially sensitive around my presence. I don’t understand why, to be honest. Yixing talks about Mei all the time, and we barely see each other now. But she comes and pick him up everyday, and makes sure to give me a nasty look through the glass window of my office. Some part of me wants to ask Yixing what’s going on, but the other part is way too afraid of giving him a hard time or making him feel uncomfortable. 

 

Anyway, I had my first paycheck today. Yay. 

 

So, Minyoung offered me to buy me a cup of tea so we could talk. Of course she wanted to talk about Yixing. 

- So, did you ask him if he was single? – She asked me, as we were making our way to our table.

- Minyoung, after this month are you seriously oblivious of that information? – I laughed, sitting down and placing my drink on the table. She opened her eyes – His girlfriend comes to pick him up every afternoon. 

- That’s – She began – That’s his girlfriend? 

- She is, yes – I nodded

- I can’t believe it – She shook her head

- Why ? – I tilted my head

- Well – She waved her hands – She’s just…  too rude. 

- Rude? Why? 

- Why? – She repeated – Haven’t you seen her? It’s just she wants everyone to know they are together. I mean what’s with that? Does she really need to do that? 

- I don’t know – I shrugged – I think she’s very in love with him

- That’s not what I think. I can love him better than her 

- Can you? – I chuckled

- Of course! – Minyoung exclaimed – I bet I can get him by the end of this month. 

Minyoung was serious. Dead serious. I mean it makes sense, she always gives him the ‘I love you’ stare. Hand supporting her head, blinking slowly like a cat, giggling cutely. Yeah, she was pretty much into him. ‘So, will you help me?’, she blinked quickly. I must have put a very awkward face, because she shook her head and went ‘Nevermind, you already have a boyfriend anyway. You don’t care about other’s happiness’. 

- Ok but I don’t have a boyfriend – I corrected her.

- But the guy who came into the office said he was your boyfriend – She said – Ah but that was a month ago now that I think about it 

- Yes. But he wasn’t my boyfriend back then either. 

- What

- Yeah he’s just a friend. 

- Since when do you need to specify that you are his friend that is also a girl? It sounds pretty much like a lie to me, Yebin

- He’s my ex boyfriend. 

- Oh! Juicy story! Tell me more! 

I looked at Minyoung and shook my head. She shrugged. ‘Nevermind. Let’s see how I get the guy by the end of the month’. 

 

I’ve never liked people who do that to others. But I had never heard something like that coming from another girl. It’s like we have the tendency to be more conscious regarding other people. But there she was. It’s interesting though, who knows how that will end. 

 

 

Two weeks later, I still hadn’t heard of Minyoung’s success. 

 

 

‘How have you been?’, asked Mr. Zhang, standing by my door. I lifted my head and smiled. ‘Fine’, I answered. ‘Fine?’, he repeated, going back to close the door of the room, and coming towards my office, closing my door and sitting in front of me. ‘I really hope you are happier than the last time we spoke’. I tilted my head.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter