Revelation

Restless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I remember it like it happened yesterday. And the pain felt as terrible for like months. I had come here for my summer break. I went to pick my boyfriend at his place because I had gone shopping with some friends. I entered the place, he had given me a set of keys so I could enter freely whenever I spent the night, and since it was actually the case, it was pretty much obvious that I would enter unannounced. 

 

I heard his voice, laughing lightly. I heard another voice, softer, lighter, higher pitched than my boyfriend’s. My heart didn’t skip a beat. I think it skipped many beats for many minutes. I froze, unable to grasp what they were saying. Until they stopped talking. I kept pushing myself to believe that it was just a friend, so I began walking, shoes off. 

 

They weren’t in the kitchen. 

 

They weren’t in the living room. 

 

They were in the bedroom, door closed. 

 

So how do you feel when something like that happens? It’s like something really heavy lingers in the back of your throat, your nose feels itchy, and your vision blurs from the tears that are about to fall down and stream down your cheeks. Part of me wanted to bust the door open, another part of wanted to wait, quietly, until they finish whatever they’re doing, so they can explain, calmly.

 

I waited. I wasn’t strong enough to open the door and make a scene out of it. 

 

I heard everything. His groans, her moa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter