Mr. Zhang

Restless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a while, I looked at Joonmyeon and smiled. ‘I’ve missed you too’, I said. ‘It’s hard not to miss your friends’, I added. His smile turned a bit sad, and he coughed softly. ‘Let’s go to get you something to give your own touch at your apartment’, he said. We stood up, and went to the shopping mall to buy some flowers and cute things to put in my new apartment. 

 

‘I like it here’, Yejoon said, looking at the view from my new home, ‘You even have a spare room for me when I can’t make it home when I’m too drunk’. I laughed. ‘I was planning on putting some covers on the floors so that I can paint there’, I said, ‘But I figure I could place a mattress for my hungover brother’. 

- It’s good that you have a clear view and wide windows – Joonmyeon added – bright lights give you an energetic start every morning

- That’s true, that’s true – Nodded my brother -  Is it me or you can see all Gangnam from here?

- Probably – I answered, standing up from the couch I had just sat in – I don’t really got this place because of the view but because of the size. I think it’s perfect.

- Yeah, it is. Don’t you think so, Joonmyeon? – Asked Yejoon

- The place is perfect – He agreed – Just like your sister – He added, looking at me. 

My brother lifted an eyebrow and went to grab his jacket. ‘I think it’s time for me to leave’, he said. ‘I get the feeling you two have to talk’, he chuckled. ‘No need’, I smiled awkwardly. ‘You two guys have helped me a lot already and I really don’t want to sound like a bad person but I could really use some sleep. Besides, I have to get my things ready for work on Wednesday and prepare a demo class in case they ask me to do one’. My brother and his friend understood, and left. By the door, Joonmyeon whispered into my ears, ‘My heart feels much better now that I have you near again’. 

 

Ok alright that’s enough, I said to myself. I can either stay here and feel sorry for myself with what he had just said or begin unpacking my stuff and planning my lessons. 

 

Tuesday. Spent my whole day planning my classes, reading some materials… maybe I should have studied teaching. 

 

I also wrote down a new resume. But there’s no use. 

 

Wednesday, the big day. 

 

More like the ‘big’ day, right? Anyway, I was told by email that I had to arrive earlier, so I pretty much swallowed breakfast and jogged to school. 

 

‘Mr. Kang is waiting for you at his office’, the receptionist said.  ‘Alright, thanks!’, I smiled. Then I stopped. ‘Third office on the right’, she chuckled. 

 

Mr. Kang was waiting for me, sitting facing the windows. ‘Good morning Mr. Kang’, I greeted him, bowing politely. ‘Hello Miss Kim’, he said smiling brightly, ‘Ready to sign up your contract?’, I nodded, and he handed me a pen, signaling me where to sign. ‘I understand you’ve already read our contract, I told my secretary to email it to you’. 

- Yes, sir, I did – I said. Good money, good benefits. Maybe I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter