Boba tea

Restless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Do you have time for a very tired lawyer?’, Asked Joonmyeon on the phone. I had just arrived from work and I was actually pretty tired. ‘Where are you?’, I asked, hoping he was still at his place so I could say I wasn’t home.

- Outside your door 

- Ah – Oh God why. I was waiting for him to arrive yesterday, after my first day, but not today, no. I was so tired from teaching teenagers.

- So will you open the door or I just have to serenade you until you do 

- Hold on – I answered, leaving my phone on the kitchen table. 

- Hi! – He smiled, taking off his shoes to enter my apartment – How were your first and second days? 

- Fine, fine – I answered, closing the door behind him – I am very tired though.

Joonmyeon sat on the couch and smiled. ‘You should have taken an extra day before starting to work’, he said, lifting a paper bag with pastries from my favorite patisserie. I shook my head. ‘It’s fine’, I said, grabbing the bag and leaving it on the counter.

- How’s Mr. Zhang’s class? – He asked with a serious expression – Too much of a classic middle aged fat Chinese man? 

- It was fine – I answered, sitting next to him – Except he’s not a classic middle aged fat Chinese man. 

- How so? – His face grew worried

- He’s Chinese, that’s right. But he’s a year older than me only, and he’s quite fun to be around of. 

- That’s good I guess – He said – Does he have a girlfriend?

- What do you care – I gasped, standing up from his side – Do you want to introduce him to a friend?

- No, I was just asking 

- Why? 

- Well I just thought I should know if your colleague has a significant other

- Why?

- Because if he’s single then it’s a reason for me to worry

- You’d worry because?

- Because you belong with me – He answered, standing up as well. 

I opened my mouth in disbelief, and gasped again. ‘Are you serious right now?’, I muttered. He nodded. ‘Listen, I still have feelings for you, Yebin’. I rolled my eyes. How is that happening right now? How did he end up like this, telling me all this? 

- I don’t have time for this – I said, looking in his eyes. He grabbed my shoulders

- I thought you had forgiven me for what I did. 

 

I took a step back from him. 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter