Aren't you happy about it?

Restless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

College is over. It’s been so long since I haven’t been home too.

 

This would be the right time for someone to come in and tell me what to do. Keep working at the school? It does sound like a good plan, but now that I have an actual degree it’s kind of a tricky situation… Yejoon already has a good job at the store as an accountant (which makes a good note to myself: on my next life I’ll study a more useful major), but I don’t like this. I wish I could find a job where I can finally get to do what I actually studied for, you know? I spent four long years studying color to spend the rest of my life teaching English at a private training school… not a good life plan. 

 

Anyway, I try to live calmly. I have this awful habit of grabbing my stuff and running away. It’s like I can’t stand staying in places if something goes wrong. I’m a coward, probably. 

 

Hey, it’s not like I run away to avoid facing things! I do face them. And then I go away. Because who wants to stay around people that hurt you? Not me, that’s for you.

 

A-nyway, I have already packed my stuff to go back home. I asked for a transfer at EF China and then it’s set. I’ll be back in Seoul in no time. 

 

‘When are you coming back, Yebin?’, Yejoon asked me over the phone. ‘Tomorrow’, I answered, grabbing my boarding pass to check the time. ‘Are you serious?’, he asked. ‘Yeah, I already got the tickets and all’. Since I left to China to major in arts I stopped being predictable, I quitted telling everyone about my plans. That’s why my brother felt such a surprise when I told them that we’d see each other tomorrow. 

- So what time are you arriving? Want me to go pick you up? – He offered – I got a new car

- Really? Alright, that’d be nice 

- Ok cool! – He sounded so happy.

 

There’s a movie called Tiny Times. It’slike and the city but Chinese. I don’t know why, but that movie stuck in my head for a long time. Not exactly because of the content, but because of the name. Tiem can be so short, and it can be so tediously

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter