011

To the Perfect You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin did not dress the way he should but he still looked awesome and handsome – he wore a simple black button up with black jeans. Eyes were drifted to him as he arrived at the ballroom, some people smile and the other just nodded as a respectful gesture. He gave the smile back to those who gave him smile and nod to those who nods, Jongin is a carefree man, everyone.

 

The meeting supposed to be private meeting between both families but there were few reporters and some of their business partners also came. After leaving Kyungsoo at the apartment, Jongin received a call from his father – asking his location and the old man sounded almost mad – but Jongin said he will come quickly and he did.

 

Arrived at the table he supposed to sit, he apologized politely before taking a seat besides his brother and father. He inhaled deeply after that, trying to gain some courage to confront Kyungsoo’s father, Kyungsoo’s mother and… “Jongdae?”

 

 

“Yo Jongin!” Jongdae grinned widely to him as if he did not surprise to see him at all or maybe it just Jongin who’s surprise and clueless here. “Wha- I mean. I don’t know that you’re-”

 

“Jongdae is my step-son.”

 

Mr. Do spoke suddenly, abruptly entered the conversation and leaving Jongin in silent. That old man got that aura that can make you shivering and crying if you do any mistake in front him. Jongin nodded, and the other boy still smiled wide.

 

“Where’s Kyungsoo, Junsu?” Mr. Kim asked, breaking the awkward silent. 

 

“That- I don’t know how to start this, Jaejun.” Mr. Do took few seconds of silent before he continued, “Kyungsoo-” Mr. Do stopped again, looking to his wife as if he asked for a help on how to explain the situation. Jongin knew how hard it is, if he did not meet Kyungsoo last night, and clueless about what happened, he must be as confused as his family too.

 

“I- I know this must sounds so irresponsible of me, but… Kyungsoo is missing.”

“What?” Mr. Kim realized he sounded loud when the attention started to focus to him. He smiled to the guest anyway before he looked to his best friend. “You- Junsu, your son is missing and you’re still this calm? Are you crazy or what?” Mr. Kim asked, face still look calm and voice still keep slow but there’s strained come with it.

 

“I don’t know what to do, Jaejun. He left home without his wallet and cellphone. I’m not calm, I just don’t want people write story about Kyungsoo ran away from home.” Mr. Do explained, the people around the table did not say many words, they kept calm and acted like nothing bad happened.

 

“Ran away?” Mr. Kim asked, raised his eyebrow. “I thought you said he was missing- wait, maybe he was kidnapped. Junsu, did you make a police report already?” Mr. Kim suggested with his panic tone.

 

“Father. Mr. Do.” Jongin spoke to stop whatever conversation his father and Mr. Do had that time. “I have something to say.” And everyone looking at him seriously, as if he did something wrong.

 

“Make sure it is important as Kyungsoo’s, Jongin.” Mr. Kim warned and Jongin chuckled to that. “It’s about Kyungsoo, father.”

 

“Kyungsoo with me.”  He said calmly and he was ready for any kind of respond he will accept after that. Jongin stayed still, eyes looking to everyone at the table. No one gave him an assurance looks but confused and clueless stare.

 

“I met him last night, drained and wet. So I brought him home…” Jongin stopped at his last words because his father gave him a what-do-you-mean face. “I mean- I brought him to somewhere…” He stopped again when Jongdae let out a sound that showed he wanted to laugh. Jongdae apologize for that and gestured him to continue with his story.

 

“I- Mr. Do, I-” Jongin knew he’s really bad at talking, he always have anxiety to explain things to people because he cannot do it right. He stopped for a moment, taking a deep breath before he continued to speak again. “He ran away from home because he didn’t want this engagement, sir. He- But I’ll take care of him. I hope you let me do that.”

 

There was a pregnant pause among them, no one dare to speak. Jongin felt rumbled inside his stomach, and Junmyeon gave him an unreadable expression. His father also seemed not entertained with his words just now.

 

“Why you want to do that, Kim Jongin?” Mrs. Do, who’s just listen from the earliest meeting finally spoke and everyone looked at her.

 

“I- I like him, ma’am.” Jongin answered confidently thought there’s quaver between his words.

Mrs. Do smiled after that and she woke from her seat to approach Jongin. “I know you’re the one since I saw you just now, son!” She hugged Jongin’s head, bringing his head near to her stomach and she ruffled his hair.

 

“So we consider this engagement still on?” Junmyeon asked to no one but it was a question that must be answered anyway. They looked to Jongin, looking at him because only he can answer the question.

 

“Consider this engagement still on, I will-” Jongin paused when he remembered that there’s nothing between he and Kyungsoo yet, promising thing to their families is not a right thing however his heart told him to do it anyway. “I will work hard to win his heart anyway.”

 

“Awwww~” Jongdae cooed at him, actually Jongdae and his mother. “I love him already, darling.” Mrs. Do said to her husband, Mr. Do just nodded his head and he looked to Jongin.

 

“Jongin, I don’t know how you’re gonna do it but I hope you didn’t do any harm to my son. I agreed to this arrangement because your father is my best friend and I believed his son is a good man. I hope you’re really are. Don’t, please don’t hurt our Kyungsoo.”

 

“I promise, Mr. Do.”

 

“That’s dad for you, Jongin.”

 

And Jongin smiled widely after that because the thought of having Mr. Do as his father in-law i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter