Love?

Destined

 

"I always find myself staring deeply outside the window. 

The sun reminds me of your warmth. 

The flowers remind me of your stunning smile. 

The birds chirping remind me of your beautiful voice. 

Everywhere else I look it is you that I remember. "

 - A.R.M

 

 

**

 

Ryeowook stared blankly at his professor while the old man walked back and forth in front of the class explaining something about the course outline. As much as he tried listening to what the professor says he keeps on spacing out. Blame it on the lack of sleep he got because he didn't really slept at all. After arriving at his dorm all he did was to lie down on his bed thinking about what happened that night.

Kyuhyun kissed him. And what did he do? He kissed him back! His heart is racing everytime he remembers it. He didn't know how it happened, maybe its spur-of-the-moment and they were carried away by their feelings.

Wait, what? Feelings? Ryeowook shakes his head trying to erase those thoughts. Does Kyuhyun have feelings for him? He didn't try to investigate about the fact before since he was too preoccupied with his own newly discovered feelings. But looking at it right now, had Kyuhyun been looking at him the same way as him?

Feeling the heat creep up on his cheeks he buried his face on the notebook he was holding but remembering that he was in the middle of class he straightened himself once again.

While Ryeowook was struggling to concentrate someone was watching his actions and silently sniggering at his seat. Jinsun can't miss the changes in his friend's behavior and concludes that something had happened.He will quiz him about the recent happenings later but for now he will just watch while Ryeowook shifts on his seat and pretends to listen at their professor.

 

**

 

Kyuhyun scribbled notes on his paper. He should be copying what the professor was writing on the bored but he found himself absentmindedly drawing hearts on his paper.

Last night something happened that he didn't planned to do. Well he did want to kiss him but he didn't expect to do it last night. All that he remembers was it feels right to kiss him under the thousands of stars. He was sincere when he told Ryeowook that he wanted him to be part of his good memories and surely he would not forget that special night.

After that kiss they awkwardly smiled at each other and neither had opened up the topic of why the kiss happened. Now Kyuhyun is afraid that he might have scarred their friendship. Will they be awkward with each other now? He doesn't even know what he will do the next time they see each other. What if Ryeowook avoids him? No, that can't possibly happen! Kyuhyun frowns.

"Hey Kyuhyun!" someone yelled and he snappes out of his thoughts. He turned and saw Minhyun handing over his books.

"Uhh thanks?" Kyuhyun said unsure of what he will do with those books.

"I bet you didn't heard what our professor had just discussed. You were too busy writing down his notes..." Minhyun said as he looks down at the paper and raises his eyebrow. "... and as I remembered our subject is not related to hearts nor love."

Kyuhyun quickly closed his notebook before the other could more. Minhyun laughed and seats on the empty chair beside his friend.

"Sir just told us to research about those terms he wrote on the board," he explained pointing at the white board. "We have a lot of time to do it, so now care to tell me about the story of that?" he added eyeing the notebook.

"About what?"

"You can't use that to me anymore. I know that you have a very interesting love life my friend!"

Kyuhyun groaned as he put his hands on his face. "I don't know what to do! Minhyun I might have ruined our friendship!"

"Why? Did you fight or did you do something stupid?"

"I did something stupid!"

"Do you want me to guess it or are you going to tell me what it is?"

"I kissed him!" Kyuhyun said before slamming his head on the book. As if that would change the situation.

"Finally its about time! Why are you so worried?" Minhyun said amused at Kyuhyun's reaction.

"Can't you see? He will start avoiding me now ..."

"What was his reaction when you kissed him? Did he pull away?"

"No... actually... he kissed me back," Kyuhyun blushes remembering it. He can't believe that he is sharing this things to his friend.

"..."

"Minhyun-ah tell me something..."

"Did you confessed your feelings after that?" he inquired. Kyuhyun shakes his head avoiding his friend's eyes.

"You're an idiot. A dumb idiot,"

"Ouch that hurts!"

"Serves you right! You should have told him about your feelings! Damn, you're just confusing him with what you have done. Poor Ryeowook, he might have been spacing out right now in his class just because of this idiot beside me..."

"What should I do now?"

"Do you really need to ask me that? Go to him! Confess everything and be happy! Enough of this crazy 'what ifs'. Its clear that both of you likes each other," he sighed.

"But before that, let's finish this research first. I don't have my book with me so you'll share yours right?" Minhyun smiles guiltily and starts searching the book. Kyuhyun just sighed and started scribbling notes again still bothered.

"Oh please... we will find Ryeowook later and get the two of you have your happy ending..."

"What are you planning?"

"Just trust me okay?"

 

**

 

Kyuhyun stared skeptically at Minhyun when he dragged him towards the music hall after they finished doing their task. His friend told him that they would find the professor here when they needed to pass the paperwork's that they had finished. Now looking at it, Kyuhyun realizes that this could be a part of his friend's plan that he was previously talking about.

"Tell me, this is not what I'm thinking about right?" he said pulling away his hand and frowning.

"If you are listening to the professor before then you wouldn't question me like that. He clearly said that he would be here, besides what are thinking about? You're nervous that you will see your beloved 'friend' here?" he teased emphasizing on the word friend.

"Whatever..." Kyuhyum shrugs and he let Minhyun wander around asking for their professor's whereabouts. He keeps on looking around, whether he is hiding from someone or he just wants to see a certain person.

They walked to the rooms outside the music hall which serves as practice rooms or sometimes props or changing room whenever there's an event.

"Look there he is. I told you I'm not fooling you..." Minhyun pointed onto the glass window. "Wait for me I'll just go inside okay?"

Kyuhyun thought that Minhyun had enjoyed a long conversation with their professor as he didn't came out of the room for minutes. This led him to stroll around looking at the other rooms. He had spent some time here before when he joins Ryeowook's late night practice. He even remembered attending one of their music organization meetings here but he doubts that he can still join now that his course is getting demanding with time.

He stopped dead in his tracks when the door on his left opened revealing the person he most wanted to see yet at the same time afraid to meet.

"K-Kyuhyun!" Ryeowook was surprised to see him especially at this part of the university. He rarely see him here except when he asks him to come.

"Uhh hello," Kyuhyun smiles awkwardly while scratching his head.

"What are you doing here?"

"Minhyun and I went to see our professor and he was right there at the next room. I'm actually waiting for him to come out..." he said suddenly feeling hot. "What about you?"

"Practice as usual? Its my vacant time so I ran here..."

"Oh I see..."

Silence. A very awkward silence.

Before, they feel comfortable even when they are not talking to each other. But right now Kyuhyun feels the weird atmosphere between them. It feels the unspoken words that the two wants to say but don't have the courage to do so. Does it needs another shooting stars to get them in the romantic atmosphere again?

Kyuhyun stares at Ryeowook's eyes and finds himself lost again. He wants to say something but right now looking at where they are, in the middle of the hallway, its not the best way to pour out your feelings right? He wants to take a chance at happiness and tonight he will.

"Ryeonggu, lets meet later after class," he smiles and Ryeowook feels the butterflies in his stomach again just like every time he was the receiver of those handsome smile. 

"I have something important to tell you..." Kyuhyun emphasized this as he wants to build up some curiosity on him. Whether Ryeowook already had some expectations for what will happen later or not he wants to give him something to think about for the rest of the day.

They stared at each other for a little lomger before their gaze was broken when Kyuhyun saw the door open from his peripheral vision. Minhyun had come back and Ryeowook remembered that he was supposed to do something.

"O-okay I guess see you later??"

Ryeowook excused himself and went away to do his business. At the same time Minhyun approached Kyuhyun with questioning eyes. Kyuhyun shakes his head.

"Nothing happened okay? Stop staring at me like that,"

 

Ryeowook groaned when he hit the wrong note again for the nth time since he started practicing. His mind is out of focus and it obviously ruins his day. Jinsun grimaced and sighed helplessly.

"We should skip the practice today. I think you need some peace of mind?"

"I'm doing fine the last time we did it. I don't know what happened to me right now..."

Jinsun placed dowm the composition he was holding and grabbed a bottle of water to drink. "You are distracted. I think you should fix that first before we continue this."

What Kyuhyun had done was obviously working and it annoys Ryeowook so much how he couldn't stop thinking about him. He has different scenarios in his head of what will happen later and it gets in his nerves.

Really Kyuhyun will make him crazy.

 

**

 

It was already dark when both of them finished their classes. Kyuhyun had texted Ryeowook that he will be waiting for him outside the gates and here he is, anxiously looking at his watch. A few more moments passed and the side of his lips lifts up upon the sight of Ryeowook running towards him.

"Hey, how's your day?" Kyuhyun greeted. The smaller held up his hand still catching his breath.

"Not so great... I did many mistakes in practice today..."

Kyuhyun took the smaller's hand and they started walking to their destination. "Oh? That's too bad. Let me treat you to make up for it... What do you want?"

"Huh?"

"I said I will treat you, now what do you want to eat?"

Ryeowook looked at him suspiciously.  “Why are you so nice today? What’s the occasion?”

“Oh so you don’t to eat some cheesecake? I feel like I can finish a whole oreo cheesecake by myself.  Its sad to eat alone but I don’t care since its delic–”

“Who said I don’t want to eat with you? Let’s go and order that cheesecake!” Ryeowook tugs his arm and leads him to the café near the university. “Oh just imagining it makes me mouth watery!” his eyes twinkles in delight. And those cheerful eyes remained the same until they reached Ryeowook’s dorm room. He insisted take out so that they can indulge eating without rushing.

They sat on the floor with all the food spread around while eating and chatting happily. Ryeowook’s previous complaints about how bad the first day of class was long forgotten. Kyuhyun has this effect on him that makes him forget every worry. He will just automatically grin and plays along without realizing that they were both ignoring the whole world while creating their own.

Kyuhyun grins at his childish antics. “You really love it don’t you?”

“Of course! I love it the most!” he closes his eyes to enjoy the sweetness in his tongue. “Jinsun will really envy me when I tell him about this. He whines that he wants to eat this but he can’t.”

“He said he’s on diet but I don’t think he needs it at the moment. I think I should be the one looking out for my weight. I don’t want to go on to those hard times again.”

“Don’t you think these will have an effect on my weight?” he asked not noticing that Kyuhyun was just staring at him with a gentle smile. “Should I cut off my lunch tomorrow? What about dinner?”

He looked at Kyuhyun when he didn’t receive any response from him. “Hey, Kyukyu!”

Kyuhyun looks at him, “What?”

“You’re not listening to me. What are you thinking? Do you have a problem?”

Kyuhyun shakes his head. He doesn’t have any problem. Well, you can’t consider it a problem do you think? He just can’t help but be mesmerized whenever Ryeowook smiles. Its stunning and he prevents himself from kissing those pouty lips again.

“Any topic you want to talk about? I’ve been talking here since we sat down…” Ryeowook scoots closer to him and places his hand on his head then his neck. “Are you sick?... but you’re not hot,”

“Are you feeling something wrong?”

Kyuhyun turns pink and looks down on the floor. “Its not wrong to feel something…” he whispers.

“What did you say Kyu?”

Kyuhyun could feel the fast beating of his heart and he wonders if the other can’t hear it. He can’t contain his feels having done this in two consecutive nights. And its because of last night that these things are happening right now. He’s lucky that Ryeowook is starting to get comfortable again with him but he deserves some explanation for that kiss. After all best friends don’t just kiss each other on the lips like that.

“N-nothing…” he lied. “You know you’re my best friend right? And I don’t want to keep secrets from you. It feels wrong and I should be telling everything to you.”

“I’ll be here listening whatever your worries are,” Ryeowook encouraged him sensing his hesitation.

“Remember when I told you that you’re the first one to know when I find the one?” Ryeowook nods and he finds his heart skip a beat. “I-I … you know, I’m in love with someone right now.” Kyuhyun revealed while fumbling the hem of his shirt.

The silence urged him to continue speaking. “This person… he managed to make me fall in love in just a short time. The first time I met him I knew that he would be special to me. He is someone who matches my personality…like a jigsaw puzzle, he is made to complete me. Most especially he made me see hope in my future, that even though I didn’t get to achieve my first dream, there’s something more that I can do with my life. If I didn’t met him I would probably be a rebelling against my parents right now,” he chuckles.

“You know this person?” Kyuhyun looks at Ryeowook briefly hoping that the other can see the hint of love in his eyes. “I like to spend my time with him. My day is not complete without knowing how he is doing that day. He is someone who can make me lost just by staring at his face or by listening to his voice.”

“Ryeonggu…”

“Hmm?” Ryeowook can feel his emotions rising up to his eyes in the form of tears. If he had not mistaken, the person he was describing is so much familiar to him.

“This special person… he is my best friend,” he said looking at anywhere except the person beside him. “R-Ryeonggu, I love you… I really do,”

It took a moment for Ryeowook to digest everything that had happened. Of course he heard from various people that Kyuhyun might have feelings for him but its nothing compared to hearing the confession itself from his best friend. His heart wants to burst in happiness upon hearing the words of love from him.

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun’s heart fell when he didn’t hear any words coming from Ryeowook. He didn’t know that the other was melting with love from his speech earlier.

“Y-you don’t have to respond to me you know… I-I just want to tell you this. As I said I don’t want to keep secrets from you and I had promised that I will tell you about.”

“Promise me you’re not going to ignore me after this day huh? I was so afraid to tell you about this. I-I don’t want to stain our friendship and please… don’t be so awkward to me. I’ll promise I won’t kiss you anymore… Ugh this is awkward really,” he groans and covers his face with his hands in embarrassment.

Ryeowook finds his actions cute but it seems that his assumptions were wrong. So he closes the small space between them and pulls Kyuhyun’s hands away from his face, intertwining theirs’ together.

“You can really be an idiot sometimes don’t you think? I thought you’re the smarter one…” he giggles. The younger looks at him questioningly.

“Don’t you ever wonder why I kissed you back last night?” At the mention of the kiss both of them blushes but neither looks away. “I love you too you idiot,”

Kyuhyun’s eyes twinkles but he pouts at what the other had called him. “What did you say?”

Ryeowook laughs heartily, love more visible now in his eyes. “I said I love you Kyukyu. Now if you’re still going to continue that promise of yours…that you won’t kiss me anymore I’m going to take it all back,” he threatens jokingly.

“I love you more Ryeonggu,” he smiles pulling his small best friend now his lover on his lap. He wraps his arms around him before kissing Ryeowook’s soft lips again, this time longer and more certain of their feelings to each other.

 

**

 

“Do you think they will stop teasing us now that we’re together?” Kyuhyun asked hours later. They were both lying down on Ryeowook’s bed in their pajamas. He borrowed a pair from him saying that he plans on staying overnight with him in the dorm.

“I don’t think so. Jinsun will just keep on giving me those weird smiles every time he knows I’m thinking about you. I think he should just get a lovelife himself instead of teasing me,”

“Mom had obviously welcomed you in the family already. I don’t think there’s a problem telling them about us now…”

“Oh believe me I don’t think we need to tell them about it. They will just catch up with it,”

Kyuhyun looked at him. “What?”

“If you think Jinsun and Minhyun were worst you’re wrong. You don’t know what Ahra had been doing behind your back…” he grins.

“You don’t have to tell me dear. I have an idea already,” he sighed. He can’t throw a fit now at his sister since everything that she had said now came true. She can tease them all she wants and for Kyuhyun nothing else matters than having the person you love close to you.

Kyuhyun smiles when his lover yawns. “Feeling sleepy?”

Ryeowook nods and reaches for his pillow to hug it. It made Kyuhyun frown. “Why are you hugging that pillow when you can hug me instead?”

The smaller raises his eyebrow. “You snore. This pillow doesn’t,” he simply replied. Kyuhyun rolls his eyes and snatches the pillow out of Ryeowook’s embrace and pulls him into his arms instead. The other smiles and snuggles closer to him feeling the warmth of his body.

“Don’t you dare snore or else…”

“I love you too,” the last thing Ryeowook remembers before falling asleep was the gentle lips of Kyuhyun kissing him goodnight.

 

**

 

It took three long rings of his alarm clock before Ryeowook managed to get up from his bed. It feels comfortable to be hugged by the person you love and he just wants to stay in that position forever. However his alarm clock reminds him that he needed – no both of them needed to get up for their class in an hour. After eating breakfast together, Ryeowook reluctantly watched Kyuhyun go out of his room.

“Are you sure you’re going to make it to your class on time? Your house is like an hour and half away from here…” he said worriedly.

“Uhh… actually I did something that I didn’t mention to you before,” Kyuhyun scratched the side of his head while biting his lips. He reaches down to his pocket and pulls out a key. Ryeowook frowned observing the familiar looking thing on the other’s palm.

“…”

“You don’t get it?”

Ryeowook shakes his head so he grabs his hand and drags him to the next door. He starts putting the key inside the doorknob hole.

“Hey! What are you doing opening other person’s room!? Kyu–” he trailed off when the door was opened and he looked at Kyuhyun with eyes widened in shock.

“Tell me that what I am thinking is wrong. You didn’t just do that right because o f me isn’t it?”

“See you later dear,” Kyuhyun winks at him before stealing a kiss and running inside his room and locking it.

Ryeowook was left in the hallway with his mouth hanging open in surprise.