Nerves and Excitement

We Got Married

        Sandeul and his group members were in the van on their way to the dorm after a long day of practicing. He was seated in the passenger’s seat looking out the window while the manager drove. Looking back at his friends, he noticed everyone else was asleep in the other seats as if they didn’t have a care in the world. Unlike Sandeul, he was worried over multiple things. No matter what Sandeul did, he couldn’t sleep even though every fiber in his being was tired and wanted rest. He furrowed his brow as he thought about the meeting he had with the producer of We Got Married yesterday.

//Flashback//

           Mr. Lee called our manager and CEO to the meeting as well as Gongchannie, Jinyoung hyung, Baro and Shinwoo hyung It was time for the meeting about the show I would take part in and although I tried to sound confident, I was slightly nervous. I was finally going to know who my wife will be and wondered if she would even be happy I would be her husband. As Sandeul shook his head slightly to push away all the negative thoughts, we reached Mr. Lee’s office and were let inside.

            “Let’s Fly, B1A4! Annyeonghaseyo B1A4 imnida~! Jal butakhaeyo~!” We all said in unison as we bowed. Our manager bowed as well after he closed the door to the office for privacy. “My boys! It’s great to see you again.” Mr. Lee said as he came up to us one by one and shook our hands. “Come and sit. We will be having a long meeting with everyone so I hope you don’t mind that I ordered all of us some dinner.” He said with a grin as he took his seat next to his secretary who had folders for everyone.

            “The main reason I called is to let you know what will be happening for the show. Sandeul, I will have to let you know about a few situations that happened before I give you the folder with information of your wife.” He paused for a moment to look at his reaction. Seeing him focused on what I have to say, along the rest of the group and manager, I nodded before continuing. “We actually had your wife picked out about a week ago. Only thing that made us rethink about following through with it was she ended up having an injury the day we called her up with the news. We called back the next day for a definite answer from her and had to choose someone else. Turns out, she had some family issues that required her to leave to a different country for a few months time. The girl we are talking about is one of your old friends and classmates from Busan named Areum. You knew a Areum, am I correct?” Mr. Lee clasped his hands together as he waited for an answer.

            Sandeul nodded as he furrowed his brows nervously. “I knew a Areum. Is she doing alright though Mr. Lee? She was and still is an old friend of mine from elementary.” Mr. Lee smiled and nodded at him. “Don’t worry Sandeul. Areum is doing fine. She just went to visit her grandparents in Japan for a few months and to take care of them. One of her grandparents fell ill and she wanted to be with family instead of be on the show. An honorable request if I do say so myself.” Noticing the slight relief on Sandeul’s face, he continued. “As for her injury, she broke her arm and sprained her ankle. She was outside with family and had to help out with some things as a small family reunion. Ended up falling down from a branch of a tree and landed wrong.” Sandeul nodded as he let out a small chuckle. “That is Areum. She was always a bit clumsy.”

            Happy that Sandeul was back to normal, Mr. Lee continued as he motioned for his secretary to pass out the folders to everyone, including one for himself and her. “This folder shows the application of the girl we chose as an understudy who is now your wife. Before opening it up, I have one last thing to tell you. We were set on the show having a storyline in the first episode. Since we ended up having to scrap the old friends reuniting in Seoul idea, we came up with a better one since we didn’t want to have a future scandal break once your fans find out information about her after episodes air.” Everyone nodded knowing the hazards of being in the public eye. It can be rumors that can or might not be true, fabricated stories of a once true story to some fans digging up the past of anyone they put their mind to and bringing up unwanted history. “This story line will be that you and her will be pen pals. You both began talking through an assignment from your class Sandeul to talk to someone in Seoul and since it was randomized, you and her became pen pals. You both lifted each other up, rooted for each other and comforted each other when things got rough in your lives. Since you wanted to pursue a singing career and she wanted to become a dancer, you both hit it off. As you got into WM, you both wouldn’t be able to talk as much so you mailed her your information of how to contact him and eventually once he was able to use his phone again, you talked through apps like Kakao Talk and line. You both never got to see each other besides the photos you’d take for each other of how your day went and such both will have only seen photos of each other you send during times you chat that can be of places you’ve been to, what you have eaten and so forth. You both have never actually met in person so this will be the first time you meet and you both will be nervous.” Mr. Lee paused to let everyone soak up all the information. Their manager was writing every word down for Sandeul incase he needed notes on their back story since he could tell he was slightly nervous about everything again. Letting out an inaudiable sigh, the manager told himself he’d talk to sandeul later to calm his nerves down.

         Thinking everyone had enough time to process the information, Mr. Lee continued. “I hope that isn’t too much information to take in. You will have to contact her through one of the apps you have on your phone, preferably Kakao Talk Sandeul. You will wait at least till tomorrow night after 10pm to message her though since I will be having a meeting with her tomorrow about the show, understood?” Sandeul nodded as he said Yes Sir before Mr. Lee continued. “If possible, talk as much as you can with her and get to know her since you will have to act like you’ve known each other for awhile. Her id for all the apps are in the folder that you can open now.” Smiling as he stood up, Mr. Lee walked to the window in his office that showed a beautiful sunset. Looking at his watch, he realized the meeting ended just in time. “Since we finished the meeting on time” Mr. Lee said as he turned to the group looking through the folder, “Dinner will be brought up in a few minutes. Relax a bit while my secretary talks to the delivery guy and I go pick up another folder for tomorrow’s meeting with Rose. Excuse us for a moment. He bowed slightly to the group before leaving with the secretary doing the same before leaving.

          While everyone was talking about the meeting, Sandeul just stared at the folder for a moment processing everything again to make sure he understood the storyline. Nodding to himself, he opened the folder and started reading the application He immediately noticed some photos of his wife on the first page help together by a paper clip. He undid the clip seeing that they were individual photos and looked at them one by one. She was really attractive in an innocent yet beautiful kind of way. He smiled as he saw they had similar interests but every time he would start a new section of the application, his eyes would come back to this photo.

 

Maybe it was the way the light hit her in a way that it made her look as if she shined but it took his breath away. Sandeul wasn’t even able to read the application since he was so focused on the photo, that it registered that he should read it later in the dorm once everyone is asleep. He closed the folder and looked at the members and manager with a smile. He was oblivious at the fact everyone saw him staring at the photos so intently but everyone decided in an unspoken agreement to not about anything till they talk about it as a group back at the dorm. They ate dinner with Mr. Lee and his secretary before calling it a day and leaving back home.

//Present Day//

            His manager knew what would be on his mind since they weren’t able to talk the previous night about the meeting. Breaking the silence, he asked Sandeul a question. “Sandeul-ah~! Do you want to talk about the show since it is on your mind?” Sandeul jumped slightly, not expecting anyone to be talking. There was a small silence before he answered. “I do hyung. I’m just so nervous about everything. I haven’t even been able to message her today. Everytime I’m about to add her to my contacts and send a message, I chicken out.” As Sandeul pouted, the manager nodded and parked the car outside their dorm building. Turning off the car and unbuckling himself, he turned to Sandeul."You'll be perfectly fine Junghwan. What you're feeling right now  is just nerves. I think once you start talking to her and just keep to the story for the first filming, you will no longer feel a weight on your shoulder. I'm sure she is as worried and nervous as you are feeling at the moment. Once you at least contact each other, believe me Junghwan, it will get easier." He looked at Junghwan as he patted his shoulder smiling. Nodding, Junghwan immediately felt better. "Thank you hyung.Thank you for making me feel calmer and for helping me feel more confident than before.  I think I just needed to talk this out with someone." Grinning from ear to ear, Sandeul nodded to his manager as another thank you before unbuckling his seatbelt. After knowing everything will be alright with Junghwan, Their manager proceeded with waking everyone up and rushing them to their dorm to get some sleep before tomorrow's early morning call for schedules. 

           After showering and changing clothes, Sandeul got ready for bed. Seeing how everyone else in the dorm was already asleep at 3am, he thought it was safe to finish reading the rest of his wife Rose's application. He liked her name and thought it had a nice ring too it when he said it the first time. Smiling as he set aside his favorite photo of her on the bed, he thoroughly looked at the application and smiled everytime he found something interesting about her and when they had things in common. Picking up his phone from beside his bed, he opened the Kakao app and typed in Rose's ID: OddishRose4

         Chuckling at the cute ID, he quickly added and typed a message to her. Not wanting to sound overly excited or strange, he looked over the message a few times before pressing send. Hoping for a reply in the morning when he woke up, he put the folder and papers away next to his phone before placing his favorite photo under his pillow. Smiling  to himself, he layed on his bed and fell asleep quickly with nothing but hope for the next morning.

 

 To: OddishRose4

     Annyeong soon to be wife of mine! This is Sandeul from B1A4 :D 

     I'm looking foward to seeing you in a few days. I really hope we can talk and get to know each other from now till then.

     Have nice dreams tonight and I'll talk to you in the morning okay?

     Jaljayo! Good Night~! :) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ahh i finished and published another chapter in the same week :D 

although this might be slightly long, i hope you enjoy it.

i did end up placing Junghwan and Sandeul in it sometimes but Sandeul let's only people close to him call him Junghwan. 

i hope it kinda clears things up. 

The next chapter will be up within the next couple of days.

let me know what you think of the story so far and if you are fine with the lengths and content of it as well^^

love you all and thank you for reading my story <3