Kimchi Friends

Cold Couples
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author POV

"Wow, this is daebak!" Krystal exclaims, shoving more kimchi into . Sehun and L watch on in amazement. They've been full for a while now, but Krystal's monstrous appetite is why they're still sitting in the restaurant, ordering more servings of kimchi.

"Yah, are you done yet? We've been in here for an hour! You're going to get fat," Sehun nags her. Krystal ignores her friend and continues to eat shamelessly. L shifts uncomfortably in his seat.

"You do remember I have to pay for all of this, right?" He inquires nervously. Krystal glances up and smirks at him.

"Yes, I do. But that doesn't mean I should stop now. I'm still hungry," she drawls playfully, causing the boy's mouth to drop open. She laughs and puts her chopsticks down. "Aish, don't worry. I'm done." Upon hearing her, L immediately whips out his wallet.

"Ahjumma, how much is it?" He waves over their server. The woman tells him the number and L's shoulders slump. He'd only wanted to treat Krystal to lunch, because he felt bad about his behavior towards her. However, that doesn't mean he wants to pay an incredibly high price on kimchi for her. He sighs and hands over his credit card. Sehun claps a hand on his shoulder for comfort.

"Don't worry, L. She used to always make me get kimbap for her when we were in high school," he explains to which Krystal shoots him a shut-up glare. L only stares blankly at all the empty plates on their table, unfazed that the boy next to him just used informal language.

"Hey, that wasn't so bad. I only made you get it for me when I was really, really hungry," Krystal corrects. Sehun snorts.

"Yeah, which was, like, all the time," he retorts. The girl kicks his shin under the table, earning a yelp of pain from him. "Aish, you and Kai are so alike. Always hitting me." At Kai's name, L snaps back to attention. His curiosity as to who this other boy is has grown since hearing Sehun and Krystal talk of him. By the way the other boy had teased Krystal about him, the two must be close. He's not sure why that fact bothers him so, but it does.

"Can you tell me more about this 'Kai?'" he asks, keeping a neutral tone. Krystal squints her eyes at him in suspicion, but Sehun automatically jumps into a description of their best friend; his appearance, his habits, basically everything there is to know about Kim Jongin.

"And he loves fried chicken," Sehun finishes proudly. L lets out an audible sigh, relieved the other boy is finally done. He had tuned him out after only hearing 'tall,' 'not as good-looking as me,' 'awesome dancer,' and 'loves to sleep.' He glimpses Krystal's shocked face across the table. She is taken aback by how much she actually doesn't know about her friend. L clears his throat.

"Um, thank you for telling me all about him. He seems like a nice person," he tells Sehun, though Kai sounds like someone he wouldn't want to befriend. "Well, it looks like we're finished here. Why don't we head back?"

"Sure, but I have to use the restroom. Be right back," Sehun mutters quickly, standing up and walking away, leaving L and Krystal to sit in awkward silence. The girl decides to break it first by expressing her gratitude.

"Um, thanks for the meal, L," she says hesitantly to which the boy smirks again. He's debating on whether to say another snarky comment. Though in the end, he keeps to himself.

"My pleasure," he replies instead. They fall quiet, unsure of what else to say, but L speaks up again. He can't help it; he has to know. "So what really is your relationship with Kai?" The thought of Krystal dating someone doesn't sit well with the boy, in spite of how she'd smacked and bickered with him.

The girl shrugs, deciding to tell the truth since it seems like L won't stop asking until there's a genuine answer from her. "I don't know. Sometimes he'll say or do things that are questioning, but otherwise, we're best friends." L relaxes slightly upon hearing her response.

"But have you thought of taking things further?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. "I mean, you've been this close for years and...I don't know, wouldn't your feelings have changed?"

"Aish, what are you? Some kind of love expert?" She asks, frowning at his overwhelming nosiness. "Well, I h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter