Morning Talks

Cold Couples
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L POV

The first thing I do when I wake up is take a much needed shower. Allowing the water to fall over me in streams and leaning my head against the wall, I think of Sunggyu's words from last night. Take what to the CEO? I don't recall INFINITE ever having any issues. I mean, I know my personality has shifted a bit since Doyeon, but it can't be that bad, can it? It's normal for someone to act like this after a breakup, right? The others aren't plotting against me, are they? Switching off the water, I wrap a towel around my waist and head back to my room to find some fresh clothes. As I'm buttoning my jeans, my manager barges in without warning.

"Can I help you?" I ask, unfazed, and search for a shirt to wear. It's normal for the managers and members to walk in on me. Privacy is nearly impossible around here.

"Just wanted to let you know we will be going to the hotel tonight for our upcoming world tour in Seoul, so I suggest you put on a shirt and get packing." And with that, he leaves the room. No morning greeting or anything of the sort. Rolling my eyes, I decide I still have time and, after finally finding a shirt, make my way into the kitchen to eat some fried chicken. As I'm heating up the said food, Manager comes up to me for the second time.

"Oh, and INFINITE will be doing 'Weekly Idol' this week as well, so make sure to get some extra sleep." He walks away yet again, not waiting for my reaction. I only sigh and pick up a drumstick, chowing down.

*********************

Krystal POV

Sure enough, that night Victoria had fired me for insubordination (even though I'd done everything that was asked of me) and 'getting distracted' by Kai (even though he started it.) The other employees had been eavesdropping at the scene, snickering to each other. I can tell they had somehow persuaded her behind my back to get rid of me. I don't blame them; one less employee means more money to go around. Besides, no one has liked me there, anyway. So, after being yelled at and humiliated, I headed home and delivered the news to my bedridden sister. She had only sighed and patted my head in that sisterly way of hers, apologizing for not being able to help. I only shook my head, managing a smile and saying it's okay, and repressed the urge to cry.

As of right now, I'm meeting Kai at Starbucks to discuss this other job offer he's found for me. I sigh and rest my head on the table, wondering if I'll ever be able to land one permanently.

"Is that iced caramel macchiato failing to keep you awake, Miss Jung?" Sehun's sarcastic voice. I lift my head off the table and see him with Kai by his side.

"What took you so long?" I yawn, stretching my arms and back. My joints pop and crack as they are being pushed beyond their limits. Man, am I getting old; says the girl in her 20's.

"This guy couldn't decide which jacket would go best with his outfit," Kai explains, pointing accusingly at Sehun in which the latter only shrugs.

"One has to keep up with the trends," he states matter-of-factly. I roll my eyes and gesture for the two to sit down.

"So enlighten me with this supposed new job offer. Victoria fired me because of you after all," I tell Kai. Sehun smacks the table in excitement, startling me.

"Ha! I told yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter