Assigned Duties

Cold Couples
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal POV

"C'mon, Krystal." Kai's voice calls from the other side of the changing room door. "It can't be that bad." Oh, it so can, I think as I stare at my reflection in the mirror.

"It's so stiff, Kai, I feel like a penguin. The black and white makes it worse," I whine as I tie my hair up with the black bow accessory Tiffany gave me. She had abandoned us a while ago to take care of a complaint on the 11th floor.

"Hurry up. I'm getting bored, Soojung-ah," Kai says. I roll my eyes and, taking a deep breath, slowly open the door. Kai sits up from lying on the bench and looks me up and down. His gaze rests on my exposed legs before I clear my throat purposefully. Ugh, boys will be boys. "Sorry." He stands.

"You seriously can not be expecting me to go out in public like this, Kai. People will laugh at me. Moreover, I'll trip and-" Kai cuts me off when he tucks a strand of loose hair behind my ear and suddenly leans in close, causing me to flick his forehead on reflex. "Yah, what are you doing, Kim Jongin?" He pulls back, rubbing his face and turning away in embarassment.

"Sorry...I needed to shut you up, somehow," he mutters. I frown at him, but he seems to have already forgotten about what happened since he faces me again with a smile. "Well, you better get to work, Miss Jung. I shouldn't be holding you up like last time, right?" And with that, he quickly leaves the room and me. I stand frozen in my spot for a good minute before making my way to the door. I haven't hurt him, have I? I open the door to chase after my best friend, but am greeted by another hotel staff member, Yoona. She smiles warmly at me before dropping the bomb.

"Hi! You're Krystal, right? I've been looking for you. You're on pool party duty now. Take the cocktails from the kitchen and hand them out to the guests. Thank you!" And she skips away, leaving me zoned out. I have no idea what she just said. Something about the pool party, cocktails, and guests. Brushing off my confusion, I head to the kitchen first to fetch the refreshments. As I come out, I bump into Tiffany and nearly spill the drinks.

"There you are! I've changed my mind; you're not going to the pool. I'll get someone else to serve these. Meanwhile, you'll be cleaning INFINITE's rooms up on the 11th floor. They're terrible! Ugh, my crush on them has officially ended." She hands me her nametag and passkeys without hesitation before taking the trays. "They never pay attention to faces, anyway, but you'll need those to get through into their rooms. Cleaning supplies can be found in the personnel closet. Good luck, newbie." Tiffany flips her hair and struts off. I pinch the bridge of my nose to stop an oncoming headache. Finally easing up, I clip her nametag to my shirt and pocket the passkeys, heading back towards the staff room.

*********************

L POV

"INFINITE-jjang! INFINITE-jjang! INFINITE-jjang!" The fans chant as we finish up our performance. We've just danced to 7 of our songs and are now descending the stage, exhausted. However, the breeziness of the outdoors is extremely cool and calming. I close my eyes and breathe in the night air, opening them when I hear footsteps approach.

"Cocktails, boys?" A woman holds out a tray, smiling flirtatiously at us. I glimpse her nametag and read 'SUNNY.' I politely shake my head at her while the others each take a glass of their own.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, L. No alcohol for you?" Dongwoo teases, throwing an arm across my shoulders. I roll my eyes, looking elsewhere until a certain girl in a maid's uniform pushing a cart of cleaning supplies catches my attention through the hotel's lobby window. I squint my eyes in attempt to get a better view of her when I'm suddenly pushed from behind and into the pool. I break through the surface quickly and immediately search for the prankster.

"Ha! I told you he's known for being cold and glazed over," Hoya declares, high-fiving Woohyun. They bend down over me. "How's the water, Myungsoo-ah?" I fake a grin.

"Perfect. Just perfect," I mumble under my breath and, feeling somewhat playful, pull the two by their shirt collars in with me. Woohyun sputters and Hoya splashes him. A full-scale water war breaks out and the other mem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter